AirWatch - News, Features, and Slideshows
VMware today put forward its "vision" for unifying the mobile security and management technology it acquired in its $1.5 billion acquisition of AirWatch earlier this year with its traditional line of virtualization software.
By Ellen Messmer | 01 May, 2014 04:04
VMware is leaning on AirWatch to let users access files from one place using virtual and physical clients and let admins manage desktops in the same way they handle mobile devices.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 01 May, 2014 03:33
Application delivery controller manufacturer A10 Networks rolled out new hardware, pricing and connectivity with a range of SDN and cloud services today, in an announcement that serves to underline the company's recent recovery.
By Jon Gold | 28 January, 2014 14:58
VMware's purchase of AirWatch shows just how important the mobile device management market is for not only end users, but big technology companies too. The move - which at US$1.5 billion is the largest acquisition in company history – also sets VMware on a path to further diversity from its core virtualization and cloud computing markets and almost instantly become a major player in the mobile market.
By Brandon Butler | 22 January, 2014 20:28
After encountering problems last year selling its newest smartphones, BlackBerry has shifted to a stronger focus on the enterprise, especially through distribution of its BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 mobility management client software.
By Matt Hamblen | 09 May, 2014 04:48
As mobile device management continues to morph, consider what's 'good enough' for what you need right now -- and don't neglect the user experience, whatever else you do.
By Robert L. Mitchell | 23 January, 2014 12:12
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
The ability to observe, diagnose, and improve the performance of business-critical applications is essential to ensuring a positive user experience. This whitepaper discusses how enterprises can leverage existing application delivery controllers for both instrumentation and policy enforcement.
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- LG notches record smartphone shipments on G3 strength
- EBay faces class action suit over data breach
- Turnbull warns ACCC against undermining Telstra NBN agreement
- Sale of Mt. Gox-related Bitcoins.com halted after court order
- Qualcomm faces hurdles collecting royalties from China
- Twitter employees mainly male and white, says it has 'lot of work to do'
- Facebook isn't giving up on search
- Firm says vulnerability in Tails contained in I2P component
- More AT&T customers switch to paying for their phones
- Dropbox lures business users from consumer product
- Ultra high-def TVs still too expensive
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads
- SSD prices for hybrids, ultrathin laptops to flatten next year
- Microsoft verging on single OS across all devices