Al Franken - News, Features, and Slideshows
U.S. tech companies should retain access to the encrypted information of their customers, instead of providing end-to-end encryption, in order to give police the tools they need to investigate crimes and terrorist activity, two senior law enforcement officials said.
By Grant Gross | 09 July, 2015 05:03
The U.S. Senate has passed legislation intended to rein in the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records, sending the bill to President Barack Obama for his signature.
By Grant Gross | 03 June, 2015 07:08
The U.S. Senate on Thursday failed to move forward on efforts to extend the section of the Patriot Act that the National Security Agency has used to collect millions of domestic telephone records.
By Grant Gross | 22 May, 2015 08:34
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Web comments form crashed Tuesday morning in the hours before the agency's first deadline for submitting comments on its net neutrality proposal.
By Grant Gross | 16 July, 2014 00:42
A recent report from the U.S. intelligence director that provides the number of surveillance targets in 2013 is not specific enough to provide the transparency the nation's residents need, two senators said Monday.
By Grant Gross | 01 July, 2014 06:19
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
By Grant Gross | 07 November, 2012 19:06
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
Organisations are struggling with a torrent of data thanks to cloud computing, mobility and the Internet of Things. And conventional backup and recovery methods are failing. This white paper outlines the benefits of a modern approach to disaster recovery.
- Microsoft delivers Office 2016 to subscribers on the slow train
- Identity thieves obtain 100,000 electronic filing PINs from IRS system
- Retired IT specialist shares inside story of botched National Parks Moose project
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- FBI Director entreats tech firms to release encrypted data used in crimes and terror
- World's largest solar plant goes live; will provide power for 1.1M people
- Carriers celebrate as Telecommunications Act of 1996 turns 20
- Obama’s new cybersecurity agenda: What you need to know
- Navy calls on researchers to create firefighting humanoid robot
- Law firm searches for plaintiffs for class action suit against Apple over 'Error 53'
- Angular 1.5.0 paves the way for Angular 2