Al Franken - News, Features, and Slideshows
The U.S. Senate has passed legislation intended to rein in the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records, sending the bill to President Barack Obama for his signature.
By Grant Gross | 03 June, 2015 07:08
The U.S. Senate on Thursday failed to move forward on efforts to extend the section of the Patriot Act that the National Security Agency has used to collect millions of domestic telephone records.
By Grant Gross | 22 May, 2015 08:34
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Web comments form crashed Tuesday morning in the hours before the agency's first deadline for submitting comments on its net neutrality proposal.
By Grant Gross | 16 July, 2014 00:42
A recent report from the U.S. intelligence director that provides the number of surveillance targets in 2013 is not specific enough to provide the transparency the nation's residents need, two senators said Monday.
By Grant Gross | 01 July, 2014 06:19
The U.S. Congress must pass legislation to ban mobile spying apps in order to protect victims of domestic violence, a senator said Wednesday.
By Grant Gross | 05 June, 2014 08:06
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
By Grant Gross | 07 November, 2012 19:06
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
While selecting the right data centre in terms of the facility, location, and reliability is critically important, SMBs need to understand they can realise significant value when they insist on maximising the operation. Find out why you should not assume equipment is well-tended just because the colocation is operating smoothly, why SMBs should take the initiative when it comes to organising, protecting, and managing their own equipment, and how you can achieve these goals effectively for the best result.
- Bauer Media chooses Dropbox for collaboration
- Australian IT spending to reach $78.1 billion in 2015: Gartner
- Xiaomi break outs of Asia, introduces phones to Brazil
- VMware settles claim of overcharging US government
- NSW taskforce to examine Uber-style ridesharing apps
- M2 completes Call Plus acquisition
- Online tool to help NSW agencies comply with FOI rules
- Zuckerberg wants to be the Stephen Hawking of social relations
- More than 28 billion gigabytes of storage shipped last quarter
- Microsoft releases its second Windows 10 build in two days
- ACCC recommends more information sharing by NBN
- Watch as we follow one of Google's new self-driving cars
- Data#3 takes majority stake in Wi-Fi analytics firm
- Skype for Business pros & cons
- The Best Android Phones You Can Buy Today