Amazon Cloud - News, Features, and Slideshows
Amazon Web Services continued to push the IaaS market forward today by challenging established cloud players like Box and Dropbox with the company's own document collaboration platform and rolling out new features to its public Cloud focused on supporting mobile applications.
By Brandon Butler | 11 July, 2014 07:20
Amazon Web Services Wednesday dropped the price of its dedicated instances, which are virtual machines allocated to individual customers and that do not run on shared hardware.
By Brandon Butler | 10 July, 2013 20:16
VMware hopes to make the networking components of its soon-to-be-released vCloud Hybrid Service one of its biggest selling points, and in doing so the company plans to build one the largest software-defined networking (SDN) deployments in the industry.
By Brandon Butler | 11 June, 2013 20:07
Amazon Web Services may have just lost out on a $600 million contract to supply cloud computing services to the Central Intelligence Agency, after the federal government upheld a protest that IBM had made related to the awarding of the contract.
By Brandon Butler | 06 June, 2013 22:11
Amazon pulled off a coup a few months back, reportedly securing a $600 million contract to build a cloud for the CIA.
By Brandon Butler | 04 June, 2013 17:12
Amazon Web Services this week rolled out a new cloud-based data analytics tool named Kenesis, which can analyze massive amounts of data in real time and be paid for by the hour.
By Brandon Butler | 15 November, 2013 15:24
Who is Amazon's biggest competitor in the cloud?
By Brandon Butler | 04 April, 2013 20:11
It wouldn't be a mischaracterization to equate the cloud computing industry to the wild, wild west.
By Brandon Butler | 03 December, 2012 13:14
Although government agencies invest large sums of money into their IT defenses, an unknowing user can help adversaries dethrone even the most regal of security systems, that's why proper precautions are needed in expanding your mobile strategies. Read more
- Local tech sector outpacing US, UK: report
- ACCC mulls new pricing for SMS, voice calls
- Woolworths sees future in hybrid cloud
- Mitro makes password manager open source as team heads to Twitter
- Airport stopover, multi-platform publishing apps Aussie winners in Talent Unleashed Awards
- Microsoft security tool EMET 5.0 puts a leash on plugins
- Authors beware: computers can write fables
- Some are twisting the facts in requests to be forgotten, Google says
- Almost 200,000 people may have been affected by US visa system crash
- One of Google's mysterious barges is on the move
- Who wins if Iliad buys T-Mobile?
- Most USB thumb drives can be reprogrammed to silently infect computers
- Windows Server 2003 support expiration could push sales next year
- NASA plans next-gen scientific tools for 2020 Mars rover
- Attackers exploit remote access tools to compromise retail systems