Amazon Cloud - News, Features, and Slideshows
Amazon Web Services launched a new region of its cloud in Germany Thursday, in part to serve customers who want to keep data within their country's borders.
By Brandon Butler | 24 October, 2014 03:59
Amazon Web Services continued to push the IaaS market forward today by challenging established cloud players like Box and Dropbox with the company's own document collaboration platform and rolling out new features to its public Cloud focused on supporting mobile applications.
By Brandon Butler | 11 July, 2014 07:20
Amazon Web Services Wednesday dropped the price of its dedicated instances, which are virtual machines allocated to individual customers and that do not run on shared hardware.
By Brandon Butler | 10 July, 2013 20:16
VMware hopes to make the networking components of its soon-to-be-released vCloud Hybrid Service one of its biggest selling points, and in doing so the company plans to build one the largest software-defined networking (SDN) deployments in the industry.
By Brandon Butler | 11 June, 2013 20:07
Amazon Web Services this week rolled out a new cloud-based data analytics tool named Kenesis, which can analyze massive amounts of data in real time and be paid for by the hour.
By Brandon Butler | 15 November, 2013 15:24
Who is Amazon's biggest competitor in the cloud?
By Brandon Butler | 04 April, 2013 20:11
It wouldn't be a mischaracterization to equate the cloud computing industry to the wild, wild west.
By Brandon Butler | 03 December, 2012 13:14
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
Pathways Express is a one-day intensive learning and development program for senior ICT executives. It is designed to equip participants with the skills and competencies required to more effectively manage the demands and complexities of contemporary businesses. The program brings together ‘real world’ best practices, thought leadership and business insights to help today’s ICT professionals deliver higher value into their organisations and position themselves as tomorrow’s business leaders.
- ASIC unhappy with exclusion from data retention regime
- Australian Internet Security Initiative portal launched to help ISPs
- How SBS scaled up for FIFA World Cup online
- Hail pounds telecom networks in Queensland
- RMIT University builds virtual networking labs for students
- Weather.com fixes web application vulnerabilities
- Early version of new POS malware family spotted
- Syrian Electronic Army posts hacking message on several news sites
- Fastest LTE speed will be out of reach for most users
- EU net neutrality discussions to continue into the next year
- Over 23,000 Web servers infected with CryptoPHP backdoor
- Panasonic opens smart town targeting zero-emission houses
- Siemens patches critical SCADA flaws likely exploited in recent attacks
- European Parliament calls on Commission to consider breaking up Google
- China to open up Internet broadband market with upcoming trials