Amazon Cloud - News, Features, and Slideshows
Amazon Web Services continued to push the IaaS market forward today by challenging established cloud players like Box and Dropbox with the company's own document collaboration platform and rolling out new features to its public Cloud focused on supporting mobile applications.
By Brandon Butler | 11 July, 2014 07:20
Amazon Web Services Wednesday dropped the price of its dedicated instances, which are virtual machines allocated to individual customers and that do not run on shared hardware.
By Brandon Butler | 10 July, 2013 20:16
VMware hopes to make the networking components of its soon-to-be-released vCloud Hybrid Service one of its biggest selling points, and in doing so the company plans to build one the largest software-defined networking (SDN) deployments in the industry.
By Brandon Butler | 11 June, 2013 20:07
Amazon Web Services may have just lost out on a $600 million contract to supply cloud computing services to the Central Intelligence Agency, after the federal government upheld a protest that IBM had made related to the awarding of the contract.
By Brandon Butler | 06 June, 2013 22:11
Amazon Web Services this week rolled out a new cloud-based data analytics tool named Kenesis, which can analyze massive amounts of data in real time and be paid for by the hour.
By Brandon Butler | 15 November, 2013 15:24
Who is Amazon's biggest competitor in the cloud?
By Brandon Butler | 04 April, 2013 20:11
It wouldn't be a mischaracterization to equate the cloud computing industry to the wild, wild west.
By Brandon Butler | 03 December, 2012 13:14
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
IT departments have a huge opportunity to make their enterprises more agile, cost efficient and competitive by embracing the opportunities available through mobile devices and connectivity. Embracing mobility doesn't have to be complicated or costly - this report tells you how.
- Google extends two-factor authentication with physical USB keys
- Google, Facebook continue massive lobbying efforts in Q3
- Rimini Street's practices remain 'suspect,' Oracle alleges
- Digital rights groups ask ITU to stay out of net neutrality debate
- Workers use their own smartphones at work, without boss's knowledge
- Motorola Solutions unveils the Symbol TC70 rugged handheld
- FTC appoints privacy researcher Soltani as chief technologist
- Complaints mount about Yosemite crippling Wi-Fi
- Ethernet is coming to cars
- Cook trounces Nadella in 2014 tech pay package tussle
- Data warehouse-as-a-service startup Snowflake comes out of stealth
- Mac revenue tops iPad as Apple sells record 5.5M computers
- One week after patch, Flash vulnerability already exploited in large-scale attacks
- Keep calm and plug the holes
- Candidates for EU's data protection job heard by the European Parliament