Amazon Cloud - News, Features, and Slideshows
Amazon Web Services launched a new region of its cloud in Germany Thursday, in part to serve customers who want to keep data within their country's borders.
By Brandon Butler | 24 October, 2014 03:59
Amazon Web Services continued to push the IaaS market forward today by challenging established cloud players like Box and Dropbox with the company's own document collaboration platform and rolling out new features to its public Cloud focused on supporting mobile applications.
By Brandon Butler | 11 July, 2014 07:20
Amazon Web Services Wednesday dropped the price of its dedicated instances, which are virtual machines allocated to individual customers and that do not run on shared hardware.
By Brandon Butler | 10 July, 2013 20:16
VMware hopes to make the networking components of its soon-to-be-released vCloud Hybrid Service one of its biggest selling points, and in doing so the company plans to build one the largest software-defined networking (SDN) deployments in the industry.
By Brandon Butler | 11 June, 2013 20:07
Amazon Web Services this week rolled out a new cloud-based data analytics tool named Kenesis, which can analyze massive amounts of data in real time and be paid for by the hour.
By Brandon Butler | 15 November, 2013 15:24
Who is Amazon's biggest competitor in the cloud?
By Brandon Butler | 04 April, 2013 20:11
It wouldn't be a mischaracterization to equate the cloud computing industry to the wild, wild west.
By Brandon Butler | 03 December, 2012 13:14
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTClient Services Manager - Programmatic AdvertisingNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCOPA Developer (Oracle Policy Automation)ACT
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
This e-book gives insight into what it means to use a hybrid approach to cloud computing and the flexibility and choice that it provides. You will discover the type of technologies and approaches that are imperative for your organisation to create the business value and flexibility the constituents you serve demand.
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Most enterprises plan to boost cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- GitHub apologizes for ignoring community concerns
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Five sue Apple over Error 53 and bricked iPhones
- AT&T to run field trials of 5G wireless in Austin this year
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too