Amazon Cloud - News, Features, and Slideshows
Amazon Web Services launched a new region of its cloud in Germany Thursday, in part to serve customers who want to keep data within their country's borders.
By Brandon Butler | 24 October, 2014 03:59
Amazon Web Services continued to push the IaaS market forward today by challenging established cloud players like Box and Dropbox with the company's own document collaboration platform and rolling out new features to its public Cloud focused on supporting mobile applications.
By Brandon Butler | 11 July, 2014 07:20
Amazon Web Services Wednesday dropped the price of its dedicated instances, which are virtual machines allocated to individual customers and that do not run on shared hardware.
By Brandon Butler | 10 July, 2013 20:16
VMware hopes to make the networking components of its soon-to-be-released vCloud Hybrid Service one of its biggest selling points, and in doing so the company plans to build one the largest software-defined networking (SDN) deployments in the industry.
By Brandon Butler | 11 June, 2013 20:07
Amazon Web Services this week rolled out a new cloud-based data analytics tool named Kenesis, which can analyze massive amounts of data in real time and be paid for by the hour.
By Brandon Butler | 15 November, 2013 15:24
Who is Amazon's biggest competitor in the cloud?
By Brandon Butler | 04 April, 2013 20:11
It wouldn't be a mischaracterization to equate the cloud computing industry to the wild, wild west.
By Brandon Butler | 03 December, 2012 13:14
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
According to IDC, sixty percent (60%) of business critical information is now stored, sometimes exclusively, in email. It۪s more important than ever to establish an email archiving strategy that ensures business continuity and information availability. Modern email archiving solutions are changing to accommodate the new realities of the digital workplace and can intelligently store, manage and discover email content to meet business and compliance requirements. Read this paper to learn how to solve your top email challenges.
- India reverses ban on porn websites
- EFF-led group wants to give do-not-track some bite
- Intel's big plan to seed the private cloud market
- Sprint sees record low customer loss rate, but drops to 4th place behind T-Mobile
- Named Data Networking consortium preps for workshop, hackathon
- Ballmer's phone blunder cost Microsoft $10B
- Harvard CISO shares 5 pearls of IT security wisdom
- Senate heads toward vote on CISA cyberthreat info sharing bill
- SanDisk, Toshiba double down, announce the world's highest capacity 3D NAND flash chips
- A new tool for pricing used IT equipment
- Black Hat 2015: Ransomware not all it's cracked up to be
- Black Hat 2015: Attackers use commercial Terracotta VPN to launch attacks
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, August 4
- Businesses can rent a robot for customer care
- Acer's new Windows 10 laptops arrive with Chromebook-like prices