Amazon Cloud - News, Features, and Slideshows
Amazon Web Services continued to push the IaaS market forward today by challenging established cloud players like Box and Dropbox with the company's own document collaboration platform and rolling out new features to its public Cloud focused on supporting mobile applications.
By Brandon Butler | 11 July, 2014 07:20
Amazon Web Services Wednesday dropped the price of its dedicated instances, which are virtual machines allocated to individual customers and that do not run on shared hardware.
By Brandon Butler | 10 July, 2013 20:16
VMware hopes to make the networking components of its soon-to-be-released vCloud Hybrid Service one of its biggest selling points, and in doing so the company plans to build one the largest software-defined networking (SDN) deployments in the industry.
By Brandon Butler | 11 June, 2013 20:07
Amazon Web Services may have just lost out on a $600 million contract to supply cloud computing services to the Central Intelligence Agency, after the federal government upheld a protest that IBM had made related to the awarding of the contract.
By Brandon Butler | 06 June, 2013 22:11
Amazon pulled off a coup a few months back, reportedly securing a $600 million contract to build a cloud for the CIA.
By Brandon Butler | 04 June, 2013 17:12
Amazon Web Services this week rolled out a new cloud-based data analytics tool named Kenesis, which can analyze massive amounts of data in real time and be paid for by the hour.
By Brandon Butler | 15 November, 2013 15:24
Who is Amazon's biggest competitor in the cloud?
By Brandon Butler | 04 April, 2013 20:11
It wouldn't be a mischaracterization to equate the cloud computing industry to the wild, wild west.
By Brandon Butler | 03 December, 2012 13:14
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Facebook, the world’s largest social networking site, needed to ensure that its remote access portal and Citrix XenApp virtual application environment could provide fast, reliable connectivity and Performance—without becoming a pathway for network intrusion and data theft. Read More
- Is Sony's Walkman set to make a comeback?
- UK government adopts ODF for document exchange with citizens and suppliers
- Dutch spy agencies can receive NSA data, court rules
- Oracle ships nearly 60 mobile apps for JD Edwards
- BlackBerry offers BES10 as a hosted service through partners
- Mozilla ships Firefox 31, adds search to new tab page
- Japan Airlines hopes smartwatches for gate staff will fly
- File-encrypting Android ransomware 'Simplocker' targets English-speaking users
- Dropbox for Business grows more security, IT admin muscles
- Google rival slams EU Commission over antitrust settlement proposals
- Mt. Gox trustee leaves door open to revival of Bitcoin exchange
- SQL injection flaw in Wall Street Journal database led to breach
- In pictures: RSA Asia Pacific & Japan conference
- Google has to face US privacy suit over new user data policy
- Barbarians are at the gates of Information Age: Juniper