Amazon Cloud - News, Features, and Slideshows
Amazon Web Services launched a new region of its cloud in Germany Thursday, in part to serve customers who want to keep data within their country's borders.
By Brandon Butler | 24 October, 2014 03:59
Amazon Web Services continued to push the IaaS market forward today by challenging established cloud players like Box and Dropbox with the company's own document collaboration platform and rolling out new features to its public Cloud focused on supporting mobile applications.
By Brandon Butler | 11 July, 2014 07:20
Amazon Web Services Wednesday dropped the price of its dedicated instances, which are virtual machines allocated to individual customers and that do not run on shared hardware.
By Brandon Butler | 10 July, 2013 20:16
VMware hopes to make the networking components of its soon-to-be-released vCloud Hybrid Service one of its biggest selling points, and in doing so the company plans to build one the largest software-defined networking (SDN) deployments in the industry.
By Brandon Butler | 11 June, 2013 20:07
Amazon Web Services this week rolled out a new cloud-based data analytics tool named Kenesis, which can analyze massive amounts of data in real time and be paid for by the hour.
By Brandon Butler | 15 November, 2013 15:24
Who is Amazon's biggest competitor in the cloud?
By Brandon Butler | 04 April, 2013 20:11
It wouldn't be a mischaracterization to equate the cloud computing industry to the wild, wild west.
By Brandon Butler | 03 December, 2012 13:14
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
Today’s security threats increasingly involve application-layer DDoS attacks mounted by organized groups of attackers to damage web-facing applications by exhausting resources. F5 BIG-IP ASM provides application-layer protection against DDoS attacks.
- Spliddit: Algorithms to divide the rent, stuff, or credit fairly between people
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Black Friday: Newegg axes prices on laptops, desktops, tablets and more
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
- Double-edged feedback sword nicks Microsoft over OneDrive
- The ups and downs of Microsoft Band
- US man sentenced for hacking POS systems at Subway
- FCC chairman gives no timeline for net neutrality decision
- Connected-home Babel: There's an app for that, startup says
- Flurry of hydrogen fuel cell cars challenge all-electric vehicles
- Mozilla reports flat revenue from Google-Firefox search deal
- Apple delivers another Yosemite beta as WiFi issues persist
- UpCloud bets on storage performance, US datacenter to dent market