Amazon Cloud - News, Features, and Slideshows
Amazon Web Services continued to push the IaaS market forward today by challenging established cloud players like Box and Dropbox with the company's own document collaboration platform and rolling out new features to its public Cloud focused on supporting mobile applications.
By Brandon Butler | 11 July, 2014 07:20
Amazon Web Services Wednesday dropped the price of its dedicated instances, which are virtual machines allocated to individual customers and that do not run on shared hardware.
By Brandon Butler | 10 July, 2013 20:16
VMware hopes to make the networking components of its soon-to-be-released vCloud Hybrid Service one of its biggest selling points, and in doing so the company plans to build one the largest software-defined networking (SDN) deployments in the industry.
By Brandon Butler | 11 June, 2013 20:07
Amazon Web Services may have just lost out on a $600 million contract to supply cloud computing services to the Central Intelligence Agency, after the federal government upheld a protest that IBM had made related to the awarding of the contract.
By Brandon Butler | 06 June, 2013 22:11
Amazon pulled off a coup a few months back, reportedly securing a $600 million contract to build a cloud for the CIA.
By Brandon Butler | 04 June, 2013 17:12
Amazon Web Services this week rolled out a new cloud-based data analytics tool named Kenesis, which can analyze massive amounts of data in real time and be paid for by the hour.
By Brandon Butler | 15 November, 2013 15:24
Who is Amazon's biggest competitor in the cloud?
By Brandon Butler | 04 April, 2013 20:11
It wouldn't be a mischaracterization to equate the cloud computing industry to the wild, wild west.
By Brandon Butler | 03 December, 2012 13:14
UXC Connect’s Jesmond Psaila says that DevOps can do for IT operations what Agile did for software development. This paper demonstrates how, by combining both approaches, you can significantly improve operational efficiency and time-to-market. • Marketing and development teams want to constantly change or increase functionality, while IT operations teams want to keep the environment as stable as possible • Agile software development and virtualisation have not solved the time-to-value problem faced by marketing and IT operations teams • Recent movements in DevOps aim to address and redefine a more agile service management platform, while new tools have vastly improved functionality to configure and automate common processes
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
The telecommunications industry is one of the most challenged, fast-moving and evolving industries thanks to the worldwide embrace of mobile lifestyles that demand new services, solutions and experiences. In this survey, we investigate where and how new thinking around data, analytics and the actionable customer intelligence can further monetise mobile subscribers. Click to download!
- Why hackers may be stealing your credit card numbers for years
- Quickflix suffers $10m loss
- Web Marketing Experts to create 115 new jobs in Melbourne
- Comms Alliance backs website blocking in piracy fight
- Reconnaissance code on industrial software site points to watering hole attack
- China orders Microsoft to explain Windows, Office practices within 20 days
- Europol launches international cybercrime task force
- Show spotlight will be on smartwatches with better looks and connectivity
- China gives Microsoft 20 days to answer questions in anti-monopoly probe
- Happy Labor Day -- will a bot take your help desk job?
- European 700MHz band should be freed for mobile broadband by 2020, report says
- Bill shock measures extended to all telcos
- Warrantless requests for customer data dominate in Telstra Transparency Report
- Eftpos' online play moves closer with Coles trial
- Honda Australia uses automation to accelerate PC patching