Amazon outage - News, Features, and Slideshows
Amazon.com, the multi-billion online retail website, experienced an outage of unknown proportions on Thursday afternoon.
By Brandon Butler | 31 January, 2013 21:17
On Christmas Eve as Netflix customers cuddled up to watch their favorite holiday movies and TV shows with friends and family, many experienced a problem. Netflix was down.
By Brandon Butler | 03 January, 2013 23:09
An unexpected bug cropped up after new hardware was installed in one of Amazon Web Service's Northern Virginia data centers, which caused the more than 12-hour outage last week that brought down popular sites such as Reddit, Imgur, AirBNB and Salesforce.com's Heroku platform, according to a postmortem issued by Amazon.
By Brandon Butler | 01 November, 2012 20:51
Almost two hours before Amazon Web Services publicly acknowledged an outage that brought down websites such as Reddit, Imgur and Heroku, application monitoring startup Boundary claims it started noticing the problem.
By Brandon Butler | 26 October, 2012 15:43
Amazon Web Services has confirmed that its Elastic Block Storage (EBS) service is experiencing degraded service, leading sites across the Internet to experience downtime, including Reddit, Imgur and many others.
By Brandon Butler | 22 October, 2012 19:48
Tech vendors have been as bombastic as ever promoting the magical and amazing things their latest smartphones, cloud computing wares and network gear can do. When things go wrong, they're naturally a little less visible, but plenty of companies have sucked it up and done the right thing this year (perhaps with a little legal prodding here and there) and publicly apologized for minor and major customers inconveniences.
By Bob Brown | 08 November, 2012 20:53
The rise of mobile users and apps, coupled with the continued growth in SaaS, has transformed traditional business environments. Identity is the new perimeter. Learn what you can do with a centralized Identity Access Management (IAM) service across this hybrid IT environment.
- CISOs still struggle for respect from peers
- PHP gets a formal specification, at last
- University researchers develop glasses-free display
- Qi wireless charging spec gets more flexibility with distance extension
- SAP ties up with Apigee for API management
- Oracle buys TOA Technologies in strike against Salesforce.com
- Tor hints at possible U.S. government involvement in recent attack
- 25G driving Ethernet switch market to $25B
- Great privacy essay: Fourth Amendment Doctrine in the Era of Total Surveillance
- IBM buys access control and identity management firm CrossIdeas
- Congress okays upgrade of VA's 29-year-old software
- Hacker group targets video game companies to steal source code
- AMD's Kaveri processors coming to smaller, cheaper desktops
- EC stepping up antitrust inquiry into Google, Android
- Xbox One's high price in China draws complaints, but likely buyers too