Amazon outage - News, Features, and Slideshows
Amazon.com, the multi-billion online retail website, experienced an outage of unknown proportions on Thursday afternoon.
By Brandon Butler | 31 January, 2013 21:17
On Christmas Eve as Netflix customers cuddled up to watch their favorite holiday movies and TV shows with friends and family, many experienced a problem. Netflix was down.
By Brandon Butler | 03 January, 2013 23:09
An unexpected bug cropped up after new hardware was installed in one of Amazon Web Service's Northern Virginia data centers, which caused the more than 12-hour outage last week that brought down popular sites such as Reddit, Imgur, AirBNB and Salesforce.com's Heroku platform, according to a postmortem issued by Amazon.
By Brandon Butler | 01 November, 2012 20:51
Almost two hours before Amazon Web Services publicly acknowledged an outage that brought down websites such as Reddit, Imgur and Heroku, application monitoring startup Boundary claims it started noticing the problem.
By Brandon Butler | 26 October, 2012 15:43
Amazon Web Services has confirmed that its Elastic Block Storage (EBS) service is experiencing degraded service, leading sites across the Internet to experience downtime, including Reddit, Imgur and many others.
By Brandon Butler | 22 October, 2012 19:48
Tech vendors have been as bombastic as ever promoting the magical and amazing things their latest smartphones, cloud computing wares and network gear can do. When things go wrong, they're naturally a little less visible, but plenty of companies have sucked it up and done the right thing this year (perhaps with a little legal prodding here and there) and publicly apologized for minor and major customers inconveniences.
By Bob Brown | 08 November, 2012 20:53
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Online meetings are ideal for collaboration both within the business and with customers, but too often technology solutions get in the way, creating delays or even missed meetings that can jeopardise opportunities and revenue. This whitepaper looks at: why cloud-based meeting expectations of higher customer satisfaction are not being met, the top 5 user issues reported by sales teams in cloud based meeting applications and how businesses can have assurance that they’ve chosen an enterprise grade communication tools.
- Rio Tinto signs $20m managed services contract with Empired
- Sony keeps optical discs alive with storage startup acquisition
- Legal trouble in wearables business: Jawbone sues Fitbit
- Lenovo shows smartphone that lets users interact with projected content
- Government hopes to pass site-blocking legislation next month
- Apache Cordova fixes flaw that could cause apps to crash
- MacTel unveils leaseback plan for Intellicentre 2 data centre
- Wi-Fi access point scans can betray a person's location
- Biometrics funding to help deliver identity assurance, Dutton says
- ISPs, rights holders continue negotiations over anti-piracy code costs
- Lenovo's new Windows 10 tablet to arrive in August
- Woolworths to resell services on Telstra's network
- After medical marijuana, Sidecar eyes alcohol and pharmaceuticals
- CA gets 'agile' with $US480 million purchase of Rally
- The cost of a data breach has jumped 23 per cent in two years