Billed as Australia's largest Cloud event, the Amazon Web Services Summit was held at a variety of venues including the Hordern Pavilion, Sydney Cricket Ground and Bavarian Bier Cafe.
Amazon Web Services - News, Features, and Slideshows
Amazon Web Services in pictures
As the show gets rolling this week, here are some of the products on display
Using AWS’s API software developer’s kit or its command line interface, customers can write their own tools for imaging disk instances that have been compromised, say Andrew Krug and Alex McCormack. The pair if researchers presented four tools at Black Hat 2016 that they wrote specifically to deal with incident response in AWS.
Research firm IDC is out with its latest semi-annual tracking of IaaS public cloud vendors and while the top provider in this market – Amazon Web Services – isn’t a surprise, the number two and three could be. IDC estimates that IBM’s IaaS cloud revenues are larger than Microsoft, pegging Big Blue ahead of Redmond’s darling in this still-emerging market.
Microsoft Monday announced that customers can purchase a joint licensing agreement for its Operations Management Suite cloud management product and it’s popular on-premises infrastructure manager, Systems Center.
Amazon Web Services consultancy 2nd Watch this week released the findings of an analysis of 100,000 public cloud instances to determine the 30 most popular services being used
During the past few years, leaders at General Electric have been aggressively migrating the 123-year-old company to the Cloud. But it hasn’t been easy. GE’s CTO for IT explains what roadblocks the industrial giant encountered, and what he’s doing now to ensure other companies who follow suit have a smoother journey.
If you avoid some gotchas and keep a close eye on resource usage, you can have a handy server in the Amazon cloud for free
Ride-hailing app Lyft launched in 2012 from Amazon Web Service’s cloud. Today, the company processes about 14 million rides per month, all still from AWS. At the recent AWS Summit in New York Lyft CTO Chris Lambert described how using the cloud allowed Lyft to grow into the company it is today.
When Black Hat convenes next week in Las Vegas, it will be a rich environment for gathering tools that can be used to tighten security but also - in the wrong hands - to carry out exploits.
The financial services sector has been one of the most reticent to adopt IaaS public cloud computing services, but researchers at Deutsche Bank predict that adoption will ramp up “materially” in 2017.
Dropbox has culminated a multi-year project to build a customised infrastructure environment that company officials say is finely tuned to their specific needs, allowing them to reap savings compared with how they used Amazon Web Services' cloud. Should you get out of the cloud too?
Despite public cloud being as popular as ever, questions like, ‘is it more secure than my data center?’ still remain. Here are five tips from Amazon’s own best security practices.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption