amazon - News, Features, and Slideshows
amazon in pictures
Everyone, from Amazon to Google to Martha Stewart, has been lauding the benefits we'll all reap by the use of drones, and there's a gold rush on to cash in on the technology. But beware: The trend has all the hallmarks of a bubble-in-the-making, the contemporary equivalent of that symbol of the excess of the millennial tech bubble, the now-defunct Pets.com.
By Preston Gralla | 09 September, 2014 03:23
Alibaba is looking to raise as much as $US21 billion in its U.S. IPO, according to documents filed Friday, making the Chinese e-commerce company's debut one of the largest initial public offerings in U.S. history.
By Zach Miners | 06 September, 2014 09:28
The days of drones filling the sky and robots roaming in our streets are not far removed from reality anymore, and scenes from movies like Star Wars, Minority Report and I, Robot will be common soon. Just consider some of the ways that robots have started to permeate our lives.
By By Ahmed Banafa | 27 August, 2014 22:45
Amazon Web Services has a program named Trusted Advisor that provides customers with advice on the best way to use the company's IaaS cloud services. Today, the company made four checks that Trusted Advisor performs free for all users.
By Brandon Butler | 02 August, 2014 02:03
Amazon's ambitious plan to use flying drones to deliver packages is far-fetched, but not just because of technology limitations or air traffic regulations. Amazon's fulfillment center network, as it stands now, is too limited to serve even a tiny fraction of the U.S. in the method described by CEO Jeff Bezos.
By Nick Barber | 04 December, 2013 13:44
Amazon Web Services this week rolled out a new cloud-based data analytics tool named Kenesis, which can analyze massive amounts of data in real time and be paid for by the hour.
By Brandon Butler | 15 November, 2013 15:24
Some of the most memorable IT-related quotes were uttered in courtrooms this year, which involved a steady stream of legal challenges about intellectual property. In no particular order, these are some of the comments that stuck with us as 2012 winds to a close.
By Nancy Weil | 12 December, 2012 13:45
It wouldn't be a mischaracterization to equate the cloud computing industry to the wild, wild west.
By Brandon Butler | 03 December, 2012 13:14
If the iPad doesn't succeed as a consumer electronics device--its initial target market--it may find a successful second career as an electronic textbook reader.
By Jeff Bertolucci | 02 February, 2010 01:31
Whitepapers about amazon
Companies like Amazon.com, Macy’s, and salesforce.com are successful because they are customer-obsessed. Empowered consumers are disrupting every industry, tearing down traditional barriers so that the only sustainable competitive advantage is knowledge of, and engagement with, those customers. Read more to find out how.
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTMedia Planner Buyer - Media Trader OpportunitiesNSW
This IDC Vendor Spotlight examines how enterprises and service providers can tap on next-generation application delivery solutions to increase the availability of applications to end users.
- Facebook open sources its mcrouter data-caching tool
- University of Queensland seeks network DDoS mitigation services
- Uber doubles down on shared rides, enacts permanent pricing cut for UberX
- In Pictures: World’s hot alternative energy projects
- In Pictures: New features coming to Internet Explorer
- In Pictures: 9 nightmare sci-fi virtual realities that are closer than you think
- Internet-enabled objects add to security risks
- Google reports a 19% jump in US government data requests
- Brocade buys NFV mobile analytics assets
- Apple releases ban-Bono tool after customers complain of free music
- NFL collaboration software looks for a win with businesses
- Yahoo slams new 'digital will' law in US, says users have privacy when they die
- SpaceX wants to build cities on Mars
- Mojang Unchained: Why Microsoft wants Minecraft maker
- Samsung's first open-source conference kicks off, with Tizen on its mind