amazon - News, Features, and Slideshows
amazon in pictures
If you've got tons of digital photos and music that are a headache to back up, Amazon wants to interest you in two new storage services designed to ease home backups and archiving.
By Joab Jackson | 27 March, 2015 03:56
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration is taking too long to approve drone tests and isn't looking far enough into the future as it prepares rules for commercial drone flight, an Amazon executive told lawmakers on Tuesday.
By Martyn Williams | 25 March, 2015 07:44
Poachable, a Seattle startup that specialises in connecting passive job-seekers with companies looking to hire, says enterprise network and IT companies such as Microsoft, IBM and Cisco are among the most desirable places to work. But largely consumer-focused companies, like Google, Apple and Amazon, are even more attractive.
By Bob Brown | 23 March, 2015 21:42
The Federal Aviation Administration announced yesterday that it issued an "experimental airworthiness certificate" to Amazon, allowing it to legally use drones for "research and development and crew training."
By Colin Neagle | 21 March, 2015 06:26
Amazon's plans for a drone delivery service took a big step forward Thursday when the Federal Aviation Administration gave the company permission to begin flight tests.
By Martyn Williams | 20 March, 2015 09:05
During the past week VMware has been making power play moves in the Cloud computing market to position its offering as the premier enterprise hybrid Cloud computing platform. As it does so, however, analysts question how well the grand plan VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger has put together stacks up with heavyweights of the cloud computing market, most specifically Microsoft and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
By Brandon Butler | 04 February, 2015 06:59
Gartner IaaS research director, Kyle Hilgendorf, says one of the most common questions he gets from enterprise customers looking to go to the Cloud is: AWS or Azure?
By Brandon Butler | 20 November, 2014 22:05
When evaluating the marketplaces of the big three public IaaS cloud providers - Amazon Web Services, Google and Microsoft - AWS stands out in terms of the maturity of its platform for partners to offer products and services on top of its cloud. But Microsoft, too, has a formidable partner program that could rival Amazon's in the future, analysts predict.
By Brandon Butler | 08 October, 2014 21:06
Amazon's ambitious plan to use flying drones to deliver packages is far-fetched, but not just because of technology limitations or air traffic regulations. Amazon's fulfillment center network, as it stands now, is too limited to serve even a tiny fraction of the U.S. in the method described by CEO Jeff Bezos.
By Nick Barber | 04 December, 2013 13:44
Amazon Web Services this week rolled out a new cloud-based data analytics tool named Kenesis, which can analyze massive amounts of data in real time and be paid for by the hour.
By Brandon Butler | 15 November, 2013 15:24
Whitepapers about amazon
Companies like Amazon.com, Macy’s, and salesforce.com are successful because they are customer-obsessed. Empowered consumers are disrupting every industry, tearing down traditional barriers so that the only sustainable competitive advantage is knowledge of, and engagement with, those customers. Read more to find out how.
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
Meizhou Municipal Information Centre provides information services to the municipality of Meizhou, China, which has a population of 5.5 million people. The Information Centre is part of the Bureau of Economy and Information, and serves 1,000 municipal and county government bodies. The Meizhou Municipal Information Centre’s small staff provides and maintains information services to the city through the government portal site, extranet and data center. The IT staff wanted to avoid downtime and improve backup and recovery.
- Amid security controversy, NSW Electoral Commission heralds iVote usage
- IBM to pump $3 billion into new IoT business unit
- Banks must change for the digital age: Westpac
- EFF questions US government's software flaw disclosure policy
- CBA launches Android-based 'EFTPOS tablet' after delay
- Microsoft hosts Office 365 in Australia
- NBN Co launches FTTB offering
- Security snafu as G20 leaders' passport details leaked
- US trade body to investigate Apple after Ericsson complaints
- In Pictures: The things end users do that drive IT teams crazy
- Sprint to rollout LTE Advanced to Chicago area
- Microsoft applies 'freemium' tactic to mobile device management for Office 365
- Researchers say low-cost, longer-life graphene light bulb coming this year
- With Tidal relaunch, Jay Z doubles down on streaming for audiophiles
- China considering space-based solar power station