amazon - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Despite new public cloud offerings, VMware still playing catch-up
- Chinese e-commerce giant, Alibaba, seeks up to $US21 billion in US IPO
amazon in pictures
The tech industry's most influential companies spent record amounts of money on federal lobbying in 2014 despite a general drop in lobbying by most tech companies. The spending was often directed at areas away from the central business of technology, and it indicates how diverse and powerful major tech companies are becoming.
By Martyn Williams | 22 January, 2015 12:41
The newest feature added to VMware's vCloud Air public cloud is the ability to spin virtual machines up and down with just a few clicks and pay for them by the hour.
By Brandon Butler | 21 January, 2015 07:39
Two years ago the biggest battles in the IaaS cloud computing industry were over price. Amazon Web Services would drop prices one day, and Google or Microsoft would cut the price tag on virtual machines or storage weeks, days, or even hours afterwards.
By Brandon Butler | 15 January, 2015 06:54
Gartner IaaS research director, Kyle Hilgendorf, says one of the most common questions he gets from enterprise customers looking to go to the Cloud is: AWS or Azure?
By Brandon Butler | 20 November, 2014 22:05
When evaluating the marketplaces of the big three public IaaS cloud providers - Amazon Web Services, Google and Microsoft - AWS stands out in terms of the maturity of its platform for partners to offer products and services on top of its cloud. But Microsoft, too, has a formidable partner program that could rival Amazon's in the future, analysts predict.
By Brandon Butler | 08 October, 2014 21:06
Amazon's ambitious plan to use flying drones to deliver packages is far-fetched, but not just because of technology limitations or air traffic regulations. Amazon's fulfillment center network, as it stands now, is too limited to serve even a tiny fraction of the U.S. in the method described by CEO Jeff Bezos.
By Nick Barber | 04 December, 2013 13:44
Amazon Web Services this week rolled out a new cloud-based data analytics tool named Kenesis, which can analyze massive amounts of data in real time and be paid for by the hour.
By Brandon Butler | 15 November, 2013 15:24
Some of the most memorable IT-related quotes were uttered in courtrooms this year, which involved a steady stream of legal challenges about intellectual property. In no particular order, these are some of the comments that stuck with us as 2012 winds to a close.
By Nancy Weil | 12 December, 2012 13:45
Whitepapers about amazon
Companies like Amazon.com, Macy’s, and salesforce.com are successful because they are customer-obsessed. Empowered consumers are disrupting every industry, tearing down traditional barriers so that the only sustainable competitive advantage is knowledge of, and engagement with, those customers. Read more to find out how.
Finding a needle in a hay stack is hard, but the task pales in comparison to finding a specific needle in a pile of needles. Selecting the ideal Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution can feel just as daunting. ERP represents a serious investment for any organisation and is vital to future success. This report explores the strategies organisations are employing to find the right ERP fit that will give them the tools they need to thrive.
- Oracle and Samsung said to be teaming up for mobile cloud delivery
- Microsoft results buoyed by cloud products, but profit drops
- In Pictures: 5 things we love, hate about the ASUS X205 notebook
- Get ready for the 24-hour laptop: Battery life hits new highs
- Facebook testing spartan Android 'Lite' service
- States threaten lawsuit against Obama's municipal broadband plan
- Simple Google search outed alleged Silk Road founder
- US startup finds malware intrusions by keeping an eye on processor radio frequencies
- Apple readies another crack at ending Yosemite's Wi-Fi ills
- Gartner foresees 250m connected vehicles on the road by 2020
- Facebook blocks content in Turkey deemed insulting to the Prophet Muhammad
- What is home automation and how do I get started?
- FTC: IRS imposter complaints up more than 2,300% in 2014
- What can I do with home automation?
- Broward County rolls out its own fiber ring, shifts to VoIP