amazon.com - News, Features, and Slideshows
amazon.com in pictures
Amazon.com has expanded its Prime Now one-hour deliveries to include groceries, meals and baked goods from local stores in New York, in a move that will soon be extended to other cities.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 21 May, 2015 21:01
China's smartphone market slows...IBM's latest Power8 servers do cloud work...Facebook tests in-app search...and more tech news.
By IDG News Service staff | 11 May, 2015 21:48
Europe's e-commerce market will be subject to a full-fledged antitrust probe, as part of the European Commission's push to tear down walls between the European Union's 28 national digital markets.
By Loek Essers | 06 May, 2015 20:35
Microsoft this week launched a tool that initially is best for managing its public and private clouds but that the company says will soon enable enterprises to control hybrid clouds based on Amazon Web Services and VMware clouds, too.
By Brandon Butler | 06 May, 2015 06:49
Amazon has acquired ClusterK, a developer of software that helps companies run mission-critical applications on spare cloud compute capacity sold by Amazon Web Services.
By John Ribeiro | 30 April, 2015 17:01
As a dad of three youngsters, one of my favorite categories in the holiday gift guide is seeing what technology-related fun we can dig up and play with. Here our a bunch of our favorite toys and silly geeky things that will keep your kids (or the kid in you) entertained for weeks, months or even years.
By Keith Shaw | 18 November, 2013 12:28
With Black Friday just a week away and the nagging feeling that we need to get our holiday shopping done, the question is how much online buying will actually be done at work?
By Sharon Gaudin | 16 November, 2012 11:17
Online meetings are ideal for collaboration both within the business and with customers, but too often technology solutions get in the way, creating delays or even missed meetings that can jeopardise opportunities and revenue. This whitepaper looks at: why cloud-based meeting expectations of higher customer satisfaction are not being met, the top 5 user issues reported by sales teams in cloud based meeting applications and how businesses can have assurance that they’ve chosen an enterprise grade communication tools.
This whitepaper gives an overview of networks and applications, describes basic principles of web application optimization, and then examines the benefits and drawbacks of various acceleration techniques to ultimately improve web application performance. •Most organisations want to improve web application performance for their users, but they can’t always justify the cost of implementing acceleration techniques •A simplified web application acceleration solution that lowers the operational and commercial barriers and improves user experience is idea •F5 offers a simple, low-risk, and low-cost acceleration solution that can significantly improve the end-user experience
- Adblock browsers for Android and iOS to keep mobile ads, tracking at bay
- Torque G02 smartphone doesn't mind a saltwater dunk
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, May 22
- Factory reset in Android phones leaves sensitive user data behind
- Secom security drone follows, photographs intruders
- Alibaba's UC Browser found leaking users' data
- Freelance hacking site vows to clean up dodgy listings
- Bigcommerce, PayPal team up for payments
- Leaked database of Adult Friend Finder still online
- Spectrum review proposes greater role for market
- ICANN chief to leave office early, may miss key transition
- Square opens Melbourne office
- Google to change Maps search system after offensive White House results
- US Senate leader to push for vote to renew NSA phone dragnet
- HP's profit slips 21 per cent as services business stumbles