amazon.com - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Amazon investing $2 billion more in India as online retail booms
- Like Amazon, other firms want permission to fly drones
amazon.com in pictures
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission failed to adequately consider the consumer benefits of easy in-app purchases in its recent complaints accusing Apple and Amazon.com of allowing children to buy digital products without parental permission, according to some critics of the agency.
By Grant Gross | 01 August, 2014 05:34
Amazon made headlines this month when it sought permission from the U.S. government to test its drone-based delivery service, but it's far from the only company that's applied for such approval.
By Martyn Williams | 31 July, 2014 05:11
Amazon.com is investing US$2 billion more in India, which is witnessing an online retail boom.
By John Ribeiro | 30 July, 2014 18:33
Amazon.com believes that pricing e-books at US$9.99 will boost sales by over 74 percent as the books are highly price-elastic.
By John Ribeiro | 30 July, 2014 15:49
Even the most voracious readers will take a few months to get the most out of Amazon.com's latest offer: access to 600,000 e-books and 2,000 audiobooks for a monthly fee of US$9.99. What publishers and authors will get out of it remains to be seen.
By Peter Sayer | 18 July, 2014 23:34
As a dad of three youngsters, one of my favorite categories in the holiday gift guide is seeing what technology-related fun we can dig up and play with. Here our a bunch of our favorite toys and silly geeky things that will keep your kids (or the kid in you) entertained for weeks, months or even years.
By Keith Shaw | 18 November, 2013 12:28
With Black Friday just a week away and the nagging feeling that we need to get our holiday shopping done, the question is how much online buying will actually be done at work?
By Sharon Gaudin | 16 November, 2012 11:17
Frost & Sullivan Research: A Structured Approach to Deploying Communications Endpoints in the Enterprise
Communications endpoints are a key part of the enterprise workers' tool kit. But businesses must address security and operating costs arising from BYOD arrangements. This guide covers the four phases of a communications endpoints deployment to maximize the return on IT and communications investment.
- German copyright law is unconstitutional, Yahoo says in complaint
- Attackers can easily create dangerous file-encrypting malware, new threat suggests
- Microsoft ordered to turn over customer data stored in the cloud
- 3 Australian firms targeted in APT campaign: report
- Telstra reveals private cloud offering
- Local tech sector outpacing US, UK: report
- ACCC mulls new pricing for SMS, voice calls
- Woolworths sees future in hybrid cloud
- Mitro makes password manager open source as team heads to Twitter
- Airport stopover, multi-platform publishing apps Aussie winners in Talent Unleashed Awards
- Microsoft security tool EMET 5.0 puts a leash on plugins
- Authors beware: computers can write fables
- Some are twisting the facts in requests to be forgotten, Google says
- Almost 200,000 people may have been affected by US visa system crash