amazon.com - News, Features, and Slideshows
amazon.com in pictures
Intel, Micron unveil a new class of memory...Facebook's mobile revenue tipped to rise again...New drones help drivers with tricky deliveries...and more tech news.
By IDG News Service staff | 29 July, 2015 21:22
In the race to develop a drone that delivers packages, don't count out Workhorse, a truck maker based in Loveland, Ohio.
By Martyn Williams | 29 July, 2015 08:37
Apple, Facebook and Amazon.com have increased their expenses on trying to influence U.S. politicians and policy at the federal level, but Google still outstrips them in spending though it reduced expenditure in the second quarter.
By John Ribeiro | 21 July, 2015 16:39
Online shoppers on Wednesday ordered more than 34 million items on Amazon Prime Day, making it a bigger sales day for the retailer than the biggest Black Friday in history.
By Sharon Gaudin | 17 July, 2015 04:13
Looking for some Black Friday kind of deals in the middle of July? If you are, this is your week.
By Sharon Gaudin | 15 July, 2015 04:50
As a dad of three youngsters, one of my favorite categories in the holiday gift guide is seeing what technology-related fun we can dig up and play with. Here our a bunch of our favorite toys and silly geeky things that will keep your kids (or the kid in you) entertained for weeks, months or even years.
By Keith Shaw | 18 November, 2013 12:28
With Black Friday just a week away and the nagging feeling that we need to get our holiday shopping done, the question is how much online buying will actually be done at work?
By Sharon Gaudin | 16 November, 2012 11:17
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
Gartner predicts that by 2018 SaaS will become the dominant model for consuming application functionality for approximately 80% of all organisations. An MPLS solution needs to stand up to the flexibility, agility, insight and control needed for the new world of “connect anywhere to anything” at Cloud speed. Can it do all of this and compete at the price of a broadband Internet connection? Read on to find out.
- BSA settles seven cases for $147k
- DHS warns about privacy implications of cybersecurity bill
- Apple computers vulnerable to 'Thunderstrike 2' firmware worm
- Apple falls to third in China smartphone rankings, while Xiaomi vaults ahead
- Cleaning up botnets takes years, if ever, to complete
- Yahoo tackles large 'malvertising' campaign in its ad network
- Beat the Q Posse Group raises $5m
- Cisco's SDN controller has a security hole
- OneDrive finally lets you sync shared folders
- Condé Nast parent company jumps into big data market with 1010data purchase
- HoloLens for the enterprise due within a year
- Bad vibe brews about Windows 10
- US counterterrorism expert says it's time to give companies offensive cybercapabilities
- Patch halt looms for half of all IE users
- IBM applies some engineering rigor to the Internet of Things