amazon.com - News, Features, and Slideshows
amazon.com in pictures
Amazon's Fire Phone will soon go on sale in the U.K. and Germany, but finding success in Europe will be even harder than in the U.S., where the phone has struggled to make a mark.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 12 September, 2014 03:08
Google has agreed to pay at least US$19 million to settle a U.S. Federal Trade Commission complaint that the company unfairly billed Android mobile device owners for in-app purchases made by their children, the agency said Thursday.
By Grant Gross | 05 September, 2014 03:36
The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI), which represents the nascent commercial drone industry in the U.S., has thrown its considerable weight behind a bid by Amazon to test drones for use in the online retailer's proposed Prime Air package delivery service.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 28 August, 2014 00:09
Amazon will pay US$970 million to acquire Twitch, a site for live video broadcasts of people's video gaming sessions.
By Zach Miners | 26 August, 2014 07:48
As a dad of three youngsters, one of my favorite categories in the holiday gift guide is seeing what technology-related fun we can dig up and play with. Here our a bunch of our favorite toys and silly geeky things that will keep your kids (or the kid in you) entertained for weeks, months or even years.
By Keith Shaw | 18 November, 2013 12:28
With Black Friday just a week away and the nagging feeling that we need to get our holiday shopping done, the question is how much online buying will actually be done at work?
By Sharon Gaudin | 16 November, 2012 11:17
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTMedia Planner Buyer - Media Trader OpportunitiesNSW
Data centers are becoming more difficult to manage and protect as more data and applications are moved into virtual software-defined environments. Adding fuel to the fire, CIOs must now deal with corporate mandates to build an IT infrastructure that scales to unknown demand levels and provides service assurance for fluctuating conditions that cannot be accurately projected. To gain an insight into how EMC Avamar builds high efficiency and high performance into a unified data protection solution for physical and virtual systems, a series of backup and restore tests were run in a VMware® vSphere 5.1 environment. Tests were performed on EMC systems and the Avamar 6.1 results were compared to CommVault Simpana 9, and Symantec NetBackup 126.96.36.199. For
- BlackLine creates APAC vice president role
- Apple Watch under scrutiny for privacy by Connecticut attorney general
- Antique equipment dents IPv6 reliability
- 'Tiny banker' malware targets US financial institutions
- Flash storage hits the right note for APRA AMCOS
- Data loss detection tool mines the ephemeral world of 'pastes'
- Telstra to carry out Etihad Stadium tech upgrade
- Google registers dip in data requests from Australian police
- Wi-Fi group acts to simplify peer-to-peer video, printing and other tasks
- Facebook open sources its mcrouter data-caching tool
- University of Queensland seeks network DDoS mitigation services
- Uber doubles down on shared rides, enacts permanent pricing cut for UberX
- In Pictures: World’s hot alternative energy projects
- In Pictures: New features coming to Internet Explorer
- In Pictures: 9 nightmare sci-fi virtual realities that are closer than you think