amazon.com - News, Features, and Slideshows
amazon.com in pictures
Amazon has acquired ClusterK, a developer of software that helps companies run mission-critical applications on spare cloud compute capacity sold by Amazon Web Services.
By John Ribeiro | 30 April, 2015 17:01
Amazon has opened a marketplace for businesses where they can purchase items ranging from basic office supplies like paper clips to sophisticated products such as lab supplies and tractor parts.
By Fred O'Connor | 29 April, 2015 01:42
Comcast-Time Warner merger looks to be falling apart...Amazon finally discloses cloud numbers...Microsoft services make up for weak PC market...and more tech news.
By IDG News Service staff | 24 April, 2015 21:17
If you feel like you need eyes in the back of your head, there's a crowdsourcing app for that.
By Tim Hornyak | 24 April, 2015 20:33
As a dad of three youngsters, one of my favorite categories in the holiday gift guide is seeing what technology-related fun we can dig up and play with. Here our a bunch of our favorite toys and silly geeky things that will keep your kids (or the kid in you) entertained for weeks, months or even years.
By Keith Shaw | 18 November, 2013 12:28
With Black Friday just a week away and the nagging feeling that we need to get our holiday shopping done, the question is how much online buying will actually be done at work?
By Sharon Gaudin | 16 November, 2012 11:17
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
The increasing sophistication, frequency, and diversity of today’s network attacks are overwhelming conventional stateful security devices at the edge of the data center. A new data center architecture based on application delivery firewall solutions will effectively combat modern attacks while providing significant CapEx savings.
- Dave Goldberg, entrepreneur and husband of Facebook's Sandberg, dies
- ACLU: NSA phone dragnet should be killed not amended
- Antivirus test labs call out Chinese security company as cheat
- Microsoft woos developers with SDK for Band fitness tracker
- Telecom trade groups, ISPs ask for delay of net neutrality rules
- Verizon boosts role in smart cities and farms services
- Microsoft stakes out ambitious goal of 1B Windows 10 devices
- Potential rival to Google's Project Ara booted from IndieGoGo
- Companies must teach employees how to swim in new oceans of data
- Developers, download these apps to see if Microsoft is on the right track
- Tesla announces gigawatt-scaling commercial battery and a home battery system for $3,500
- Apple confirms tattoos can interfere with Apple Watch's heart rate sensor
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, May 1
- Mozilla may offer new browser features only on secure websites