Android - News, Features, and Slideshows
Android in pictures
Four third-party app stores for Android have apps with a malicious component that seeks root access to the device, according to Trend Micro.
By Jeremy Kirk | 11 February, 2016 10:00
Work up your gift list, bookmark your favorite shopping sites and if you're really hardcore, get your tent ready. Black Friday 2015 will be here before you know it and bargains on everything from the new iPhone 6S and 6S Plus to the latest smart watches, TVs, tablets and laptops will be there for the taking.
By Bob Brown | 05 October, 2015 20:42
Blackberry placed rivalries aside and purchased Good Technology as the phone maker moves further into the mobile security market.
By Fred O'Connor | 04 September, 2015 18:13
Google's Android operating system is riding a wave of popularity that has rapidly eclipsed Apple's iOS, and by the end of 2010 it's expected to overtake RIM's BlackBerry as the world's leading smartphone platform. However, despite the relative openness and flexibility of the OS, your Android phone still isn't as powerful and customizable as it could be. To unlock all of your phone's potential, you'll need to root it.
By Robert Strohmeyer | 15 September, 2010 23:15
Are you using your smartphone to its fullest? Probably not--smartphone owners typically push their devices up to only about half their potential. Here are 14 smartphone apps to help your Android handset, BlackBerry, or iPhone become all that it can be.
By Ian Paul | 13 May, 2010 00:08
Samsung comes under intense criticism for Galaxy Note 5 design flaw. If you insert the S-Pen upside-down, it gets stuck. Removing it damages the motherboard -- probably beyond repair...
By Richi Jennings | 26 August, 2015 14:07
Google has confirmed the name of Android M -- Marshmallow. The new version will first make it to the expected new Nexus devices due for release later this year. Soon after, it'll be available for OTA upgrades for older pure-Android shinies. But after that, who knows?
By Richi Jennings | 17 August, 2015 23:51
This week the G4 smartphone from LG Electronics starts shipping outside its home country, with arrivals in the U.S. and Europe expected in a couple of weeks. While the smartphone has a great screen and camera, it doesn't get everything right.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 19 May, 2015 01:27
Android devices can do all sorts of wizardry these days -- everything from taking your heartbeat to turning off the lights in your bedroom. But sometimes, it's the simple stuff that matters the most.
By JR Raphael | 23 April, 2015 20:06
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTTest Analyst, Finance Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
Internal and external disruptions can impede business continuity and result in negative repercussions for enterprise productivity and data resources. This whitepaper looks at how improved mobility access can shield companies from unprecedented risks, resulting in greater cost savings and enhanced workforce continuity. It also highlights the benefits of having a mobile workspace technology which enables the workforce to have access to apps, desktops and files in difficult situations. Included are four case studies where organisations are able to demonstrate a high level of business continuity with sound disaster recovery strategies in place.
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
- House bill would prevent patchwork of state laws banning smartphone encryption
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- SD-WAN: What it is and why you’ll use it one day
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- SCO vs. IBM legal battle over Linux may – finally – be finished
- Microsoft adds conservative release 'ring' to Windows 10 beta program
- 6 things you should know about Twitter's timeline change
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- Bill filed in Congress would ban encryption backdoors
- Networking company name change madness is upon us
- Browser maker Opera's board urges sale to Chinese collective for $1.2B