Android - News, Features, and Slideshows
- How to fix the two-factor authentication log-in error in Gmail on Android
- Eight of the best free Android apps for Australia
- CEBIT: Cisco develops VPN client for PCs, smartphones
- Visa and Vodafone unveil NFC mobile payment app for Android
Android in pictures
The launch of the Samsung Z, the first smartphone to run the Tizen OS, has been delayed indefinitely.
By Matt Hamblen | 29 July, 2014 02:19
Banks across Europe are now coping with a wave of cybercrime in which crooks are transferring funds out of customer accounts through a scam involving bypassing some two-factor authentication systems to steal large sums, according to a security firm assisting in the investigation.
By Ellen Messmer | 23 July, 2014 00:34
Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi jokes that its newest handset, built out of stainless steel, is like a "kitchen knife," but iPhone-esque might be the better comparison.
By Michael Kan | 23 July, 2014 00:18
Here are five smartphones that have been, or will be, released this year running unofficial versions of Android.
By Howard Wen | 22 July, 2014 08:19
Red Alert: Israel is a free app for both iOS and Android that provides real-time alerts when missiles or rockets are fired into Israel. It's also become a specialized kind of social network.
By Matt Hamblen | 22 July, 2014 06:44
Google's Android operating system is riding a wave of popularity that has rapidly eclipsed Apple's iOS, and by the end of 2010 it's expected to overtake RIM's BlackBerry as the world's leading smartphone platform. However, despite the relative openness and flexibility of the OS, your Android phone still isn't as powerful and customizable as it could be. To unlock all of your phone's potential, you'll need to root it.
By Robert Strohmeyer | 15 September, 2010 23:15
Are you using your smartphone to its fullest? Probably not--smartphone owners typically push their devices up to only about half their potential. Here are 14 smartphone apps to help your Android handset, BlackBerry, or iPhone become all that it can be.
By Ian Paul | 13 May, 2010 00:08
Samsung depends on Google's Android OS, but needs to find a way to differentiate itself from rivals who also use Android if it's to grow and thrive.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 July, 2014 03:23
After focusing on Android during much of today's lengthy keynote, Google officials turned their attention to the enterprise.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 June, 2014 10:11
Google will provide enterprise-focused security and management features to its entire Android showcase of mobile devices, including features reserved only for Samsung devices running Samsung security software called Knox, a Google executive announced during the Google I/O keynote address Wednesday.
By Matt Hamblen | 26 June, 2014 06:59
HTC announced its One M8 smartphone on Tuesday, boasting its premium styling and asserting that it offers the world's best innovations. Those include a dual rear camera for adding depth to photos and a battery with 40% longer life than last year's HTC One M7.
By Matt Hamblen | 25 March, 2014 19:39
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Security is an intrusive mechanism that is often seen to interfere with normal business operations. Nonetheless, security is essential to the normal operation of the business, and the right security mechanisms and approaches can minimize performance degradation.
- Google's next frontier: What it means to be healthy
- Stanford researchers show off blueprint for self-healing lithium battery
- Yosemite's traffic share triples after public beta debuts
- Hortonworks, Pivotal team to better manage Hadoop
- Defending Facebook, OkCupid says it also runs user-behavior tests
- Is "Bring Your Own Identity" a security risk or advantage?
- Rimini Street keeps growing despite specter of Oracle lawsuit
- Chinese regulators target Microsoft for office visits
- Consumer Office 365 tops a half-billion dollars in annual revenue run-rate
- Is the Samsung Z smartphone just delayed -- or doomed?
- Attackers install DDoS bots on Amazon cloud, exploiting Elasticsearch weakness
- Chinese users tire of older social networking sites
- Workarounds to purge search bar from Firefox's new tab page are available
- Layoffs cool Microsoft employees' opinion of CEO Satya Nadella
- Queensland Ambulance Service invites offers for iOS report form