Android - News, Features, and Slideshows
- How to fix the two-factor authentication log-in error in Gmail on Android
- Eight of the best free Android apps for Australia
- Visa and Vodafone unveil NFC mobile payment app for Android
- CEBIT: Cisco develops VPN client for PCs, smartphones
Android in pictures
Seasoned business travelers share their favorite Android and iOS apps for booking flights and hotels, navigating airports and unfamiliar cities, staying in touch while on the move, and much more.
By James A. Martin | 21 October, 2014 09:08
In China's smartphone market, Lenovo wants to fight fire with fire against rival Xiaomi by setting up a new mobile devices company that will use a separate brand, and leverage the Internet to sell directly to consumers.
By Michael Kan | 16 October, 2014 13:48
Security concerns have delayed the release of Commonwealth Bank’s Android-based EFTPOS terminal, CBA executives have revealed.
By Adam Bender | 16 October, 2014 11:20
Google has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to hear a copyright infringement case that some developers think could have a big impact on their ability to innovate in software.
By James Niccolai | 09 October, 2014 12:01
Japanese consumers will be the first to get their hands on the Galaxy Note Edge with its curved screen when the smartphone starts shipping at the end of October.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 08 October, 2014 22:44
Google's Android operating system is riding a wave of popularity that has rapidly eclipsed Apple's iOS, and by the end of 2010 it's expected to overtake RIM's BlackBerry as the world's leading smartphone platform. However, despite the relative openness and flexibility of the OS, your Android phone still isn't as powerful and customizable as it could be. To unlock all of your phone's potential, you'll need to root it.
By Robert Strohmeyer | 15 September, 2010 23:15
Are you using your smartphone to its fullest? Probably not--smartphone owners typically push their devices up to only about half their potential. Here are 14 smartphone apps to help your Android handset, BlackBerry, or iPhone become all that it can be.
By Ian Paul | 13 May, 2010 00:08
By Jonny Evans | 28 August, 2014 19:58
Samsung depends on Google's Android OS, but needs to find a way to differentiate itself from rivals who also use Android if it's to grow and thrive.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 July, 2014 03:23
After focusing on Android during much of today's lengthy keynote, Google officials turned their attention to the enterprise.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 June, 2014 10:11
Google will provide enterprise-focused security and management features to its entire Android showcase of mobile devices, including features reserved only for Samsung devices running Samsung security software called Knox, a Google executive announced during the Google I/O keynote address Wednesday.
By Matt Hamblen | 26 June, 2014 06:59
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
Securities firms must navigate a range of opportunities and pitfalls to stay ahead of the competition. You have to deliver services across multiple devices and platforms, day and night, to both customers and employees. Unless these services deliver the latest, most accurate information, traders and firms can quickly lose the edge to competitors—along with revenue opportunities.
- In brief: Ooyala steps into ads arena with Videoplaza
- Apple's Yosemite OS shares Spotlight search terms by default
- First products from Apple-IBM deal to come next month
- 11 startups enter muru-D accelerator program
- Smartsheet, the project management tool cloaked as a spreadseet, adds visualization
- In Pictures: Windows 10 - A guided tour
- In Pictures: 15 Must-Have Android, iOS apps for business travelers
- In Pictures: 15 of the scariest things hacked
- Apple Pay could be a big deal for Android users
- Mitel takes aim at Avaya with ShoreTel bid
- Microsoft goes all-in on hybrid Cloud with Azure-in-a-box
- Apple iOS 8.1 is here: Not your run of the mill Dot One release
- Microsoft (hearts) Linux, for Azure's sake
- IPhones dial in larger Apple profit in fourth quarter
- Telephony vendor Mitel goes public with $540M bid for ShoreTel