Android - News, Features, and Slideshows
- How to fix the two-factor authentication log-in error in Gmail on Android
- Eight of the best free Android apps for Australia
- Xiaomi moving data outside China following privacy concerns
- CEBIT: Cisco develops VPN client for PCs, smartphones
Android in pictures
Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi is moving customer data and its Internet platforms to servers outside China, only months after the company apologized over privacy concerns.
By Michael Kan | 23 October, 2014 13:33
Long dominant in PCs, Intel is using its vast cash resources to chase hot new product categories, investing in up-and-coming Chinese companies that could help expand its presence in the mobile, wearable and Internet of Things markets.
By Agam Shah | 22 October, 2014 07:32
Android may still be the most popular mobile OS in China, but local e-commerce giant Alibaba Group continues to offer its own alternative, and has just landed its biggest partner yet.
By Michael Kan | 21 October, 2014 21:25
Samsung Electronics' Galaxy devices have been approved by the U.S. National Security Agency under a program of the agency to quickly deploy commercially available technologies.
By John Ribeiro | 21 October, 2014 17:38
Seasoned business travelers share their favorite Android and iOS apps for booking flights and hotels, navigating airports and unfamiliar cities, staying in touch while on the move, and much more.
By James A. Martin | 21 October, 2014 09:08
Google's Android operating system is riding a wave of popularity that has rapidly eclipsed Apple's iOS, and by the end of 2010 it's expected to overtake RIM's BlackBerry as the world's leading smartphone platform. However, despite the relative openness and flexibility of the OS, your Android phone still isn't as powerful and customizable as it could be. To unlock all of your phone's potential, you'll need to root it.
By Robert Strohmeyer | 15 September, 2010 23:15
Are you using your smartphone to its fullest? Probably not--smartphone owners typically push their devices up to only about half their potential. Here are 14 smartphone apps to help your Android handset, BlackBerry, or iPhone become all that it can be.
By Ian Paul | 13 May, 2010 00:08
By Jonny Evans | 28 August, 2014 19:58
Samsung depends on Google's Android OS, but needs to find a way to differentiate itself from rivals who also use Android if it's to grow and thrive.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 July, 2014 03:23
After focusing on Android during much of today's lengthy keynote, Google officials turned their attention to the enterprise.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 June, 2014 10:11
Google will provide enterprise-focused security and management features to its entire Android showcase of mobile devices, including features reserved only for Samsung devices running Samsung security software called Knox, a Google executive announced during the Google I/O keynote address Wednesday.
By Matt Hamblen | 26 June, 2014 06:59
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
This paper discusses: • The growing challenge of maintaining information security in today’s evolving enterprise environment • Key advantages of desktop virtualization as an inherently more secure computing architecture • The top ten benefits of using desktop virtualization to strengthen information security • And how you can regain control and reduce risk without sacrificing business productivity and growth
- The 'Backoff' malware linked to data breaches is spreading
- China develops its first homegrown server amid cybersecurity concerns
- Automation arrives at restaurants (but don't blame rising minimum wages)
- Honda rolls out pedestrian detection for Legend sedan
- Cyberespionage group launches sophisticated phishing attacks against Outlook Web App users
- Microsoft to continue using Nokia brand on entry-level phones
- Usage alert compliance a priority as TCP code enforcement heads into year three
- Symantec donates $260k towards cyberbullying prevention
- Court delays NBN Co, Pipe Networks battle
- Adobe begins encrypting user data collected from Digital Editions app
- Apple: A pox on your house!
- In brief: Beanhunter acquires CoffeeJobs.com for undisclosed sum
- Amazon builds sales, but losses pile up
- In Pictures: Camels, Sleds, and Fishing Boats - 7 Wacky Google Street View Vehicles
- Apple Pay's next move could be phone-to-phone payments