Android - News, Features, and Slideshows
Android in pictures
LG Electronics is expected to introduce its next high-end smartphone on April 28, and has hinted that the back of the device will be covered in leather.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 31 March, 2015 21:04
Hoping to make a mark in the increasingly competitive mobile payment sector, Vodafone will soon let users of its Wallet service pay for goods via contactless terminals with a Visa bank card stored on their Android smartphones.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 31 March, 2015 00:06
Not to be outdone by the iPhone 6 Plus, Chinese vendor ZTE has come out with its own high-end phablet, the Nubia Z9 Max -- an aluminum smartphone with a feature-packed camera.
By Michael Kan | 27 March, 2015 01:36
Google is adding a feature to Android's smart lock that could significantly cut down on the number of times users need to enter a passcode to unlock their phones while they are out and about.
By Martyn Williams | 21 March, 2015 08:05
Google's Android operating system is riding a wave of popularity that has rapidly eclipsed Apple's iOS, and by the end of 2010 it's expected to overtake RIM's BlackBerry as the world's leading smartphone platform. However, despite the relative openness and flexibility of the OS, your Android phone still isn't as powerful and customizable as it could be. To unlock all of your phone's potential, you'll need to root it.
By Robert Strohmeyer | 15 September, 2010 23:15
Are you using your smartphone to its fullest? Probably not--smartphone owners typically push their devices up to only about half their potential. Here are 14 smartphone apps to help your Android handset, BlackBerry, or iPhone become all that it can be.
By Ian Paul | 13 May, 2010 00:08
Got Lollipop? Google's Android 5.0 operating system is slowly but surely making its way to devices around the world -- and like any major OS upgrade, it brings with it a whole new set of options, features, and shortcuts to master.
By JR Raphael | 09 February, 2015 22:07
It may be about four years late to the game, but Microsoft is finally ready to bring its Office suite to Android tablets -- well, almost.
By JR Raphael | 15 January, 2015 22:07
By Jonny Evans | 28 August, 2014 19:58
Samsung depends on Google's Android OS, but needs to find a way to differentiate itself from rivals who also use Android if it's to grow and thrive.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 July, 2014 03:23
After focusing on Android during much of today's lengthy keynote, Google officials turned their attention to the enterprise.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 June, 2014 10:11
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
There are many benefits to SSO and many options. But with so many choices, picking the right one can be a real challenge. As you evaluate your choices, however, there are some simple questions you should consider. Download this report and use these questions as your evaluation criteria.
- Thousands call on Congress to overturn net neutrality rules
- Survey: A majority of Apple Pay users encounter problems
- Amazon tries a physical button for making purchases
- HP hits former Autonomy execs with $5B suit
- California leads nation in solar installations as world sees 14% increase
- Seven things to know about Intel's 'Cherry Trail' Atom chips
- New malware program used in attacks against energy sector companies
- Microsoft consolidates enterprise editions of Visual Studio
- SAP co-founder Tschira dies at 74
- Microsoft resurrects the Surface with third try
- Tanium's fast-acting endpoint management tool grows up
- Choosing the cloud that's right for you
- Google gives Apps admins more control over their files and docs
- Infinit speeds up video, photo sharing via smartphones
- Facebook tracks all site vistors, violating EU law, report says