Anonymous - News, Features, and Slideshows
The release Tuesday of the U.S. Senate's report that excoriated the Central Intelligence Agency for torturing suspected terrorists will result in retaliation by cyber-hacktivist groups, a security expert predicted today.
By Gregg Keizer | 11 December, 2014 07:28
Anonymous members, charged with a distributed denial-of-service attack on PayPal, entered a plea Thursday that could see some of them walk free at sentencing next December.
By John Ribeiro | 06 December, 2013 07:43
A man from Wisconsin was sentenced for participating in a DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attack by hacker group Anonymous on a Kansas company.
By John Ribeiro | 03 December, 2013 05:41
The first half of 2012 was pretty bad - from the embarrassing hack of a conversation between the FBI and Scotland Yard to a plethora of data breaches - and the second half wasn't much better, with events including Symantec's antivirus update mess and periodic attacks from hactivists at Anonymous.
By Ellen Messmer | 10 December, 2012 17:57
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Enterprises require intrusion prevention systems (IPSs) to protect their network against attacks. However, implementing an IPS involves challenges of scale and performance. Leveraging the power of an Application Delivery Controller allows enterprises to efficiently deploy a next-generation IPS infrastructure. •A rising number of malicious attacks has made implementing an intrusion prevention system (IPS) a top priority for enterprises large and small •Ensuring the efficiency of the IPS infrastructure has become more difficult with the increasing ubiquity of encryption •When a next-generation IPS is used, the many benefits of managing IPS from a strategic point of control can be realised
- Windows takes early lead over Android in Cherry Trail tablet battle
- Lenovo seeks to be hip 10 years after ThinkPad buy
- Computex focus shifts from PCs to wearables, IoT
- In Pictures: A match made in heaven? 10 tech mergers that defined the industry
- In Pictures: 20 best iPhone/iPad games
- In brief: Lakeside Software opens Sydney office
- Senate report on website-blocking bill pushed back
- New query language could turn log files into business insights
- Apple acquires Metaio with a view to augmented reality
- Government moves to boost mobile broadband spectrum
- Man charged with selling fake discount coupons on Silk Road
- This smart fabric from Google can change the music and turn off the lights
- Fujitsu launches A/NZ security services practice
- Keep your legacy management style out of the Cloud, Intuit exec says