Anonymous - News, Features, and Slideshows
The release Tuesday of the U.S. Senate's report that excoriated the Central Intelligence Agency for torturing suspected terrorists will result in retaliation by cyber-hacktivist groups, a security expert predicted today.
By Gregg Keizer | 11 December, 2014 07:28
Anonymous members, charged with a distributed denial-of-service attack on PayPal, entered a plea Thursday that could see some of them walk free at sentencing next December.
By John Ribeiro | 06 December, 2013 07:43
A man from Wisconsin was sentenced for participating in a DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attack by hacker group Anonymous on a Kansas company.
By John Ribeiro | 03 December, 2013 05:41
The first half of 2012 was pretty bad - from the embarrassing hack of a conversation between the FBI and Scotland Yard to a plethora of data breaches - and the second half wasn't much better, with events including Symantec's antivirus update mess and periodic attacks from hactivists at Anonymous.
By Ellen Messmer | 10 December, 2012 17:57
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Security 101: Industry experts have long debated which is a better defense mechanism in defending against Internet based attacks: a web application firewall (WAF) or an intrusion detection or prevention system (IDS/IPS),we define the differences. Read More
- Business as usual for Optus, Singtel says
- Qualcomm looking to fast-track Snapdragon 820 with help from Samsung
- Appeals court rejects man's claim he owns half of Facebook
- Victorian government to establish $60m startup strategy
- Pushdo spamming botnet gains strength again
- Great customer experience is an elusive goal
- Sydney to be home to Microsoft flagship store
- IBM sales dip 12 per cent despite lift from new mainframe
- Singtel to exit ASX
- VMware prepares its virtualization stack for Docker
- Are you ready for Google's Mobilegeddon on Tuesday?
- VMware just created its first Linux OS, and it's container-friendly
- Rocket maker for NASA and the Air Force to begin 3D printing parts
- Uber must face charges it discriminates against blind passengers
- Live streaming apps pose legal risks for users