antitrust - News, Features, and Slideshows
A former employee of Oracle has sued the company for allegedly conspiring with Google to prevent poaching of certain categories of managers from each other, in a bid to keep salaries low.
By John Ribeiro | 16 October, 2014 17:48
Google considers Amazon.com as its biggest search competitor, ahead of traditional rivals like Yahoo and Bing, as people looking to buy something are more likely to search on the online retailer's website.
By John Ribeiro | 14 October, 2014 16:16
A European Commission investigation into whether telecom operators were throttling Internet traffic in order to gain an unfair advantage over rivals has turned up no smoking guns, but one of the companies that prompted the probe isn't happy with the result.
By Loek Essers | 04 October, 2014 02:15
Facebook's US$19 billion bid for WhatsApp won the approval of European Union competition regulator on Friday.
By Loek Essers | 03 October, 2014 20:58
Google has to improve its settlement terms in an antitrust investigation over its search practices or face charges, following opposition from some quarters to the deal, the European Commission's competition chief Joaquin Almunia said Tuesday.
By John Ribeiro | 23 September, 2014 20:04
A U.S. judge's ruling Wednesday that Apple violated antitrust laws in its dealings with book publishers may limit the ways in which the company strikes deals in other industries going forward.
By Joab Jackson | 10 July, 2013 21:17
Microsoft's surprise offer last week to European Union (EU) antitrust regulators that it will give Windows users a chance to download rivals' browsers stunned some, who likened it to waving the white flag.
By Gregg Keizer | 29 July, 2009 08:32
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
Rackspace Hosting, the world’s leading specialist in hosting and cloud computing, wanted to offer its customers an easy way to link dedicated managed servers to cloudbased servers. The company used Application Delivery Networking devices from F5 to help build a hybrid service called RackConnect.
- Aussie university teams take to the ocean for robot challenge
- Enterprise must shake core to be innovative: Telstra
- NASA's Mars orbiters survive comet flyby and sneak once-in-a-lifetime peek
- China again blames US for disrupted cybersecurity talks
- Former AAPT CEO joins Nextgen Networks
- Is your Ethernet fast enough? Four new speeds are in the works
- Dropbox used for convincing phishing attack
- IBM 'major announcement' points to deal on chip manufacturing
- NBN: Is your suburb getting FTTN?
- In Pictures: ITworld cartoons 2014 - The year in geek humour, Part 1
- In Pictures: Apple's most important iPad, iMac, OS X Yosemite, and other announcements last week
- Obama orders chip-and-PIN in government credit cards
- Snapchat rolling out non-'creepy' ads that still might get creepy
- Apple's iPad Air 2 chip paves the way for new devices
- Startup offers a big-data storyteller