App Development - News, Features, and Slideshows
Mozilla yesterday released Firefox 31, patching 14 vulnerabilities, debuting a search box on the new tab page and adding a Google-provided service that detects and blocks known malicious files before they're downloaded.
By Gregg Keizer | 23 July, 2014 23:50
The government's military research agency, DARPA, says it has demonstrated a bullet capable of locking onto a moving target from up to a mile away.
By Lucas Mearian | 12 July, 2014 05:36
Developer interest in OS X Yosemite appears to be quadruple that of 2013's Mavericks.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 July, 2014 04:13
In Google's vision of the future, tablets will provide a 3D view of the world and smartphones will have uses that haven't been thought of yet.
By Sharon Gaudin | 27 June, 2014 05:38
With Google's social network coming up on its third anniversary, industry analysts are wondering if the company is rethinking Google+ and where it goes from here.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 June, 2014 06:28
An Australian company has made a big deal this week of taking umbridge over Apple's use of the name HealthKit. That's because the company is named HealthKit.
By Ryan Faas | 07 June, 2014 01:46
Apple yesterday countered Microsoft's vision of the future, where multiple devices collapse into one, with a recognition that compromises and multiple devices are not only the reality, but could be lucrative.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 June, 2014 05:17
Microsoft's announcement of universal Windows apps demonstrates the company's commitment to improving its share of the tablet and smartphone markets.
By Matt Hamblen | 04 April, 2014 21:21
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
Business executives are challenging their IT staffs to convert data centres from cost centres into producers of business value. This paper demonstrates, through a series of examples, how data centre infrastructure management software tools can simplify operational processes, cut costs, and speed up information delivery. · Data centres can make a significant impact to the bottom line by enabling the business to respond more quickly to market demands · The systems which allow management to leverage real savings consist of modern data centre physical infrastructure (i.e., power and cooling) management software tools · Some data centre operators do not use any physical infrastructure management tools. This can be risky
- After harrowing 10-month trek, NASA's Maven orbits Mars
- SpaceX Dragon cargo craft heads to space station
- Brocade unveils OpenDaylight SDN controller
- Delve, Office Graph must transcend Office 365 to be revolutionary
- The 2014 Enterprise Architecture Awards
- iPhone 6 sales top 10M on opening weekend, 11% more than in '13
- EMC reportedly held merger talks with Hewlett-Packard
- How haptics will transform your gadgets
- Microsoft pushes back Xbox One release date in China
- Microsoft knocks iOS 8 install requirements, ups OneDrive free space
- Microsoft, Getty copyright dispute heads for mediation
- Government to address startup issues after long wait
- Harper review recommends scrutiny of trade agreement IP clauses
- In Pictures: Meet the 12 wealthiest people in social media
- In Pictures: Eight is enough?