App Development - News, Features, and Slideshows
Google and Apple are two of the staunchest competitors in any industry, especially with regard to their Android and iOS operating systems for smartphones and tablets.
By Matt Hamblen | 30 May, 2015 06:27
Microsoft will live stream the opening keynote address of its Build developers conference on Wednesday starting at 8:30 PT (11:30 ET).
By Gregg Keizer | 29 April, 2015 06:58
Apple today announced that its annual developers conference will run June 8-12, and like last year it will assign tickets with a random drawing.
By Gregg Keizer | 15 April, 2015 03:46
NASA this weekend is pulling together more than 10,000 developers, scientists, students and entrepreneurs across 62 countries for a code-a-thon aimed at building technology for space exploration.
By Sharon Gaudin | 08 April, 2015 03:18
Registration is now open for Google I/O, the company's annual developer conference, and it will rap up Thursday evening.
By Sharon Gaudin | 19 March, 2015 06:07
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you!" warned Abraham Simpson - of the Springfield Simpsons - way back in 1996.
By Matt Weinberger | 29 October, 2014 02:20
With Google's social network coming up on its third anniversary, industry analysts are wondering if the company is rethinking Google+ and where it goes from here.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 June, 2014 06:28
An Australian company has made a big deal this week of taking umbridge over Apple's use of the name HealthKit. That's because the company is named HealthKit.
By Ryan Faas | 07 June, 2014 01:46
Apple yesterday countered Microsoft's vision of the future, where multiple devices collapse into one, with a recognition that compromises and multiple devices are not only the reality, but could be lucrative.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 June, 2014 05:17
Microsoft's announcement of universal Windows apps demonstrates the company's commitment to improving its share of the tablet and smartphone markets.
By Matt Hamblen | 04 April, 2014 21:21
With increased mobility in the workforce, the market for remote support solutions has increased by 35% in the last year and as demand for these solutions increases, so do the options for service providers. <p> This whitepaper provides key features an IT decision maker should look for when selecting a remote support solution such as core functionality, usability, customisation, security, scalability and deployment model.
- FTSenior Systems Engineer | Design projects | SMB & Enterprise clientsNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTSite Reliability Engineer - Java DevOpsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
Airbnb chose Akamai as the partner to help them build the capabilities they needed to grow and scale their business, without sacrificing the customer experience that was key to their success. According to CTO Nathan Blecharzyk, Airbnb chose Akamai to support their rapidly-growing business because of Akamai’s ability to deliver large media files safely and securely across the globe, allowing them to scale the business as demand increased.
- Microsoft to end support for SQL Server 2005 in 2016
- Oracle awarded $50 million in trial against Rimini Street
- Surface Book pre-orders sell out on Microsoft's site
- Apple loses patent case over A7 chip, could face $860 million in damages
- Cisco dedicates security project to 'pissing off the bad guys'
- Beware of Oracle's licensing 'traps,' law firm warns
- Apple boosts iMac screen resolution, lowers price of top-end 27-inch machine
- UL creating standard for wearable privacy and security
- SANS: 20 critical security controls you need to add
- Tibco jump-starts integration in the cloud with two new tools
- Google adopts single sign-on for more desktop, mobile apps
- Windows tablets for business hit 10% share in second quarter
- Windows 10 Insider dawdlers face blank screens Oct. 15
- Twitter cuts engineering team, lays off one in 12 employees
- SAP unwraps Project Orca and gives it a new name