App Development - News, Features, and Slideshows
Google and Apple are two of the staunchest competitors in any industry, especially with regard to their Android and iOS operating systems for smartphones and tablets.
By Matt Hamblen | 30 May, 2015 06:27
Microsoft will live stream the opening keynote address of its Build developers conference on Wednesday starting at 8:30 PT (11:30 ET).
By Gregg Keizer | 29 April, 2015 06:58
Apple today announced that its annual developers conference will run June 8-12, and like last year it will assign tickets with a random drawing.
By Gregg Keizer | 15 April, 2015 03:46
NASA this weekend is pulling together more than 10,000 developers, scientists, students and entrepreneurs across 62 countries for a code-a-thon aimed at building technology for space exploration.
By Sharon Gaudin | 08 April, 2015 03:18
Registration is now open for Google I/O, the company's annual developer conference, and it will rap up Thursday evening.
By Sharon Gaudin | 19 March, 2015 06:07
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you!" warned Abraham Simpson - of the Springfield Simpsons - way back in 1996.
By Matt Weinberger | 29 October, 2014 02:20
With Google's social network coming up on its third anniversary, industry analysts are wondering if the company is rethinking Google+ and where it goes from here.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 June, 2014 06:28
An Australian company has made a big deal this week of taking umbridge over Apple's use of the name HealthKit. That's because the company is named HealthKit.
By Ryan Faas | 07 June, 2014 01:46
Apple yesterday countered Microsoft's vision of the future, where multiple devices collapse into one, with a recognition that compromises and multiple devices are not only the reality, but could be lucrative.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 June, 2014 05:17
Microsoft's announcement of universal Windows apps demonstrates the company's commitment to improving its share of the tablet and smartphone markets.
By Matt Hamblen | 04 April, 2014 21:21
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTClient Services Manager - Programmatic AdvertisingNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
One of the biggest use cases for the cloud – in fact, the biggest, in the case of hosted private cloud – is for backup and disaster recovery. This white paper explores why the Cloud is well suited for Disaster Recovery and what organisations need to consider to ensure that Cloud DR is right for them.
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Most enterprises plan to boost cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- GitHub apologizes for ignoring community concerns
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Five sue Apple over Error 53 and bricked iPhones
- AT&T to run field trials of 5G wireless in Austin this year
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too