App Development - News, Features, and Slideshows
Google and Apple are two of the staunchest competitors in any industry, especially with regard to their Android and iOS operating systems for smartphones and tablets.
By Matt Hamblen | 30 May, 2015 06:27
Microsoft will live stream the opening keynote address of its Build developers conference on Wednesday starting at 8:30 PT (11:30 ET).
By Gregg Keizer | 29 April, 2015 06:58
Apple today announced that its annual developers conference will run June 8-12, and like last year it will assign tickets with a random drawing.
By Gregg Keizer | 15 April, 2015 03:46
NASA this weekend is pulling together more than 10,000 developers, scientists, students and entrepreneurs across 62 countries for a code-a-thon aimed at building technology for space exploration.
By Sharon Gaudin | 08 April, 2015 03:18
Registration is now open for Google I/O, the company's annual developer conference, and it will rap up Thursday evening.
By Sharon Gaudin | 19 March, 2015 06:07
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you!" warned Abraham Simpson - of the Springfield Simpsons - way back in 1996.
By Matt Weinberger | 29 October, 2014 02:20
With Google's social network coming up on its third anniversary, industry analysts are wondering if the company is rethinking Google+ and where it goes from here.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 June, 2014 06:28
An Australian company has made a big deal this week of taking umbridge over Apple's use of the name HealthKit. That's because the company is named HealthKit.
By Ryan Faas | 07 June, 2014 01:46
Apple yesterday countered Microsoft's vision of the future, where multiple devices collapse into one, with a recognition that compromises and multiple devices are not only the reality, but could be lucrative.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 June, 2014 05:17
Microsoft's announcement of universal Windows apps demonstrates the company's commitment to improving its share of the tablet and smartphone markets.
By Matt Hamblen | 04 April, 2014 21:21
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
Gartner predicts that by 2018 SaaS will become the dominant model for consuming application functionality for approximately 80% of all organisations. An MPLS solution needs to stand up to the flexibility, agility, insight and control needed for the new world of “connect anywhere to anything” at Cloud speed. Can it do all of this and compete at the price of a broadband Internet connection? Read on to find out.
- LibreOffice gets major update with version 5, is now Windows 10 compatible
- SDN switches aren't hard to compromise, researcher says
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Wednesday, August 5
- File sync services provide covert way to control hacked computers
- Samsung adds payments to its smart TVs
- China to plant Internet police in top online firms
- GE launches cloud for the industrial Internet
- Sounds can knock drones out of the sky
- Software mogul Tom Siebel funds AI, drone research to tackle energy crisis
- Optus to shut down 2G network in 2017
- Becoming a digital workplace
- Google's Project Tango coming to 12 more countries
- Microsoft levels up Web version of Outlook for business customers
- Employment engine keeps humming for IT job seekers
- Salesforce taps Instagram's new API with tailored marketing tools