App Development - News, Features, and Slideshows
Registration is now open for Google I/O, the company's annual developer conference, and it will rap up Thursday evening.
By Sharon Gaudin | 19 March, 2015 06:07
Yahoo is a weird company in a weird place.
By Matt Weinberger | 21 February, 2015 01:52
Google has set a date for its annual developers conference, Google I/O.
By Sharon Gaudin | 11 February, 2015 08:51
Everybody wants to join the DevOps movement. Everybody wants their developers and their operations people to work more closely together and take advantage of greater internal IT harmony with the result of higher agility and a faster time to market.
By Matt Weinberger | 26 November, 2014 07:47
Last week, Microsoft made huge waves when it announced that its long-proprietary .Net application framework was now available as open source, completely rocking the Redmond, Wash., giant's cross-platform strategy and public image, all in one fell swoop.
By Matt Weinberger | 19 November, 2014 02:42
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you!" warned Abraham Simpson - of the Springfield Simpsons - way back in 1996.
By Matt Weinberger | 29 October, 2014 02:20
With Google's social network coming up on its third anniversary, industry analysts are wondering if the company is rethinking Google+ and where it goes from here.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 June, 2014 06:28
An Australian company has made a big deal this week of taking umbridge over Apple's use of the name HealthKit. That's because the company is named HealthKit.
By Ryan Faas | 07 June, 2014 01:46
Apple yesterday countered Microsoft's vision of the future, where multiple devices collapse into one, with a recognition that compromises and multiple devices are not only the reality, but could be lucrative.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 June, 2014 05:17
Microsoft's announcement of universal Windows apps demonstrates the company's commitment to improving its share of the tablet and smartphone markets.
By Matt Hamblen | 04 April, 2014 21:21
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
Rackspace Hosting, the world’s leading specialist in hosting and cloud computing, wanted to offer its customers an easy way to link dedicated managed servers to cloudbased servers. The company used Application Delivery Networking devices from F5 to help build a hybrid service called RackConnect.
- Tanium's fast-acting endpoint management tool grows up
- Choosing the cloud that's right for you
- Google gives Apps admins more control over their files and docs
- Infinit speeds up video, photo sharing via smartphones
- Facebook tracks all site vistors, violating EU law, report says
- Tanium pulls down $52M more venture capital for endpoint platform
- Cloudyn helps companies keep track of Microsoft Azure deployments
- Indiana law is fast having 'definite negative impact' on tech
- Lebanese cyberespionage campaign hits defense, telecom, media firms worldwide
- Arista decouples switch, software pricing
- Microsoft's Surface 3 starts at $499, eligible for free Windows 10 upgrade
- Stanford crypto expert Dan Boneh wins $175K computer science award
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, March 31
- Microsoft updates Windows 10, debuts Project Spartan browser