Apple - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Complaints mount about Yosemite crippling Wi-Fi
- Apple Pay could be a big deal for Android users
- First products from Apple-IBM deal to come next month
- Visa and Vodafone unveil NFC mobile payment app for Android
Apple in pictures
The problem with Twitter has always been monetization: Ads don't pull in the revenue needed to maintain the social network, and it doesn't have Facebook's pull to entice developers to build on top of the platform. But no more -- or at least so Twitter hopes.
By Matt Weinberger | 23 October, 2014 05:38
Just after Apple's iCloud service faced a hacking attack from China, Apple CEO Tim Cook met with a Chinese official on Wednesday to discuss protecting users' privacy.
By Michael Kan | 22 October, 2014 22:39
Apple has warned users about attacks on its iCloud website, after monitoring groups alleged that China had tried to intercept customer information from the service.
By Michael Kan | 22 October, 2014 14:46
At its most recent Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) event in June, Apple took the lid off something it had been silently cooking for years: Swift, a new programming language in the C family designed to combine the robustness of the Objective-C that iOS and OS X developers were used to with the speed of scripting languages like Python.
By Matt Weinberger | 22 October, 2014 07:07
The next major iOS update is slated to be released this Friday, March 11, alongside the ultra-hyped iPad 2. One of the key features is a little something called iTunes Home Sharing, which allows users to stream music, podcasts, movies and more from PC to iOS device.
By Mike Keller | 09 March, 2011 04:54
You soon-to-be Verizon iPhone 4 customers can learn from the experiences of others. Take it from iPhone old-timers, you're about to enter a magical world of awesome apps running on the most simplistic, addictive device on the planet.
By Tom Kaneshige | 09 February, 2011 07:33
If you're an iPad user, you may have discovered a rather strange quirk in iTunes. Although the program makes it blissfully easy to add documents to certain apps by way of its File Sharing feature, there appears to be no way to delete those documents.
By Rick Broida | 22 September, 2010 01:58
Google's Android operating system is riding a wave of popularity that has rapidly eclipsed Apple's iOS, and by the end of 2010 it's expected to overtake RIM's BlackBerry as the world's leading smartphone platform. However, despite the relative openness and flexibility of the OS, your Android phone still isn't as powerful and customizable as it could be. To unlock all of your phone's potential, you'll need to root it.
By Robert Strohmeyer | 15 September, 2010 23:15
The eagerly awaited iPhone 6 announced last week offers a larger screen, more processing power and -- in the base model -- the same 16GB of storage as the two-year-old iPhone 5.
By Lucas Mearian | 18 September, 2014 20:09
Faster innovation, better security, new markets -- the case for opening Swift might be more compelling than Apple will admit
By Peter Wayner | 15 September, 2014 20:09
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
This whitepaper details the results of a series of interviews conducted by IDC with 11 IT organizations, enterprises, and major service providers that deployed converged infrastructure systems based on Vblock Systems.
- Accused text-message spammers to pay $9 million in settlement
- Twitter brings log-in via phone number to wider app landscape with 'Fabric' platform
- Attach Xbox One Kinect sensors to Windows tablets, PCs with adapter kit
- Cities hope to boost broadband with new coalition
- Twitter tears into mobile developer services with Fabric
- Google rethinks webmail with Inbox, raising questions about Gmail's future
- Windows 10 to get two-factor authentication built-in
- Startup wants to make cloud attractive for security-sensitive businesses
- Lawmakers call on FCC to reclassify broadband for net neutrality
- Massive malvertising campaign on Yahoo, AOL and other sites delivers ransomware
- Lufthansa leaves the computing to IBM
- Jive integrates enterprise social suite with Google Docs
- ARM speeds data flow in the cloud with new, zippy interconnects
- Apple: Internet Explorer? Never heard of it
- Pew survey shows women bear brunt of online harassment