Applied Materials - News, Features, and Slideshows
A fresh round of quarterly results and market research this week show some shadows over the networking and component markets while smartphones, as usual, were the stars of the tech arena.
By Marc Ferranti | 15 November, 2013 21:29
Semiconductor company Applied Materials has appointed Gary Dickerson as its new CEO as the company tries to overcome declining sales and profits .
By Agam Shah | 16 August, 2013 19:10
While resistive RAM's chances of crowding out NAND flash anytime soon are slim, the coming RAM wars mean mobile users are likely to have hundreds of gigabytes, or even a terabyte, of storage at their fingertips.
By Lucas Mearian | 08 August, 2013 22:07
Continuous data growth coupled with a new generation of multi-core CPUs has placed new demands on storage systems. This whitepaper details why firms should consider moving from HDDs to higher-performance Flash media, with the adoption of new technology with a higher I/O intensity.
- Panasonic to help Tesla build battery 'Gigafactory'
- Judge approves Apple e-books price-fixing settlement
- Retail industry rallies behind open standard for tokenization
- HP's SlateBook 14 Android laptop ships, but with a higher price than expected
- Google offloads mystery barge to marine company
- Train robots hands-on to dump trash with this new OS
- Oregon's move from Oracle-developed site to Healthcare.gov on track, official says
- HP's new lifeline for OpenVMS gets a thanks from users
- Facebook outage hits users
- Android vulnerability still a threat to many devices nearly two years later
- Amazon's four tips to make sure your cloud is secure
- HP agrees to settle allegations it overbilled US Postal Service
- German copyright law is unconstitutional, Yahoo says in complaint
- Attackers can easily create dangerous file-encrypting malware, new threat suggests