Applied Materials - News, Features, and Slideshows
Researchers have created highly conductive and durable silver nanowire ink that can be used to print durable electronic circuits on paper.
By Lucas Mearian | 04 December, 2014 06:56
A fresh round of quarterly results and market research this week show some shadows over the networking and component markets while smartphones, as usual, were the stars of the tech arena.
By Marc Ferranti | 15 November, 2013 21:29
Semiconductor company Applied Materials has appointed Gary Dickerson as its new CEO as the company tries to overcome declining sales and profits .
By Agam Shah | 16 August, 2013 19:10
While resistive RAM's chances of crowding out NAND flash anytime soon are slim, the coming RAM wars mean mobile users are likely to have hundreds of gigabytes, or even a terabyte, of storage at their fingertips.
By Lucas Mearian | 08 August, 2013 22:07
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Magento e-commerce hosting provider MageMojo needed to improve security after a series of distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks that took its site offline on Cyber Monday. Consolidating its DDoS mitigation and firewall needs in a high-performance F5 solution, MageMojo strengthened both its security posture and its business.
- GoogleX head talks moonshoots and need for failure
- At Google I/O, no huge surprises but a honing of critical products
- The NSA reportedly tried -- but failed -- to use a Stuxnet variant against North Korea
- Google to Cardboard developers: Keep it short and simple, and watch out for nausea
- Italy's architectural elite moves to rub out crowdsourcing design site
- Apple's tech support thrashes competition, whether in-store or over the phone
- New iOS tools help Android developers -- and Google
- Ericcson touts 5G mobile speeds
- Silk Road mastermind Ulbricht sentenced
- Google I/O 2015 in photos
- Intel works to end "lost" data center devices
- Microsoft throws open the doors for Cloud Foundry on Azure
- Don't blame free Windows 10 for PC business ills
- Google and Levi's team up on smart clothes
- Google bets that smart fabrics, gesture interfaces will replace fiddling on a tiny wearable touchscreen