apps - News, Features, and Slideshows
apps in pictures
There are emoji everywhere these days -- but creating them doesn't come cheap, and now, says the Unicode Consortium, it's time to pay up.
By Peter Sayer | 16 December, 2015 22:21
As Australian collaboration software maker Atlassian made its long-awaited initial public offering in the US on Thursday, its soaring share price offered a strong testament to the company's distinctive sales strategy and long history of profitability.
By Katherine Noyes | 11 December, 2015 00:27
Cisco Systems is reinventing its collaboration tools from the bottom up, turning the lowly Spark text-messaging app into a cloud-based platform that includes videoconferencing and the core features of an enterprise phone system.
By Stephen Lawson | 08 December, 2015 20:05
While he thinks Dell buying EMC makes sense financially, Sun Microsystems co-founder, Vinod Khosla, has little faith in the merged company's ability to innovate.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 19 November, 2015 02:06
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
By Gregg Keizer | 12 October, 2015 19:58
As the passing foot traffic scuttled through Midtown Manhattan, where an estimated 1.6 million pass through each day, nestled in the heart of Times Square a Kiwi retail revolution was taking place.
By James Henderson | 28 November, 2014 10:43
Taxi booking app GoCatch will soon utilise big data technology to provide accurate predictions of taxi arrival times for customers.
By Rebecca Merrett | 28 May, 2013 12:47
For many of us, the Cloud has changed the way we work and play. Thanks to well-known services like Gmail, Dropbox, Facebook and Instapaper, practically our whole lives - photos, documents, contacts and more - are online. So isn't it time to take control?
By JR Raphael | 08 December, 2011 03:06
Whitepapers about apps
Today's customer and employees are tech-enabled and are engaging with businesses in new ways through social networks. This whitepaper looks at how companies can proactively monitor and manage alarms, performance and SLAs across dynamic and complex environments.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
Organisations are struggling with a torrent of data thanks to cloud computing, mobility and the Internet of Things. And conventional backup and recovery methods are failing. This white paper outlines the benefits of a modern approach to disaster recovery.
- Most enterprises plan to boost cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- GitHub apologizes for ignoring community concerns
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Five sue Apple over Error 53 and bricked iPhones
- AT&T to run field trials of 5G wireless in Austin this year
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- VMware’s new management tools are hybrid, hybrid, hybrid
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes