apps - News, Features, and Slideshows
apps in pictures
Optus could be planning a counter move to Vodafone’s Spotify partnership, judging from comments made today by the telco's CEO, Allen Lew.
By Adam Bender | 13 November, 2014 14:26
Uber has written to the Transport Ministers of Australia talking up the economic and community benefits of its taxi-hailing app amid state government attempts to regulate its car-sharing service UberX.
By Adam Bender | 07 November, 2014 09:43
IBM is investing $US1 billion in its IBM Watson Group with the aim of creating an ecosystem of startups and businesses building cognitive computing applications with Watson. Here are 10 examples that are making an impact.
By Thor Olavsrud | 07 November, 2014 08:49
Google's newly completed Apps suite can't beat Apple's improved iWork or Microsoft Office
By Galen Gruman | 06 November, 2014 09:12
Taxi booking app GoCatch will soon utilise big data technology to provide accurate predictions of taxi arrival times for customers.
By Rebecca Merrett | 28 May, 2013 12:47
For many of us, the Cloud has changed the way we work and play. Thanks to well-known services like Gmail, Dropbox, Facebook and Instapaper, practically our whole lives - photos, documents, contacts and more - are online. So isn't it time to take control?
By JR Raphael | 08 December, 2011 03:06
As a self-proclaimed Twitter fiend, I like to tweet my thoughts and ramblings both at home and on the go. I used to just text my tweets to Twitter; soon, however, I discovered that I was missing out on a ton of high-quality tweets and conversations from the people I followed, since I couldn’t view the Twitter Newsfeed via text message and I wasn’t a huge fan of the Twitter mobile website. Thus I set out in search of a worthy Twitter Android app that would serve as my new way to tweet on the go.
By Armando Rodriguez | 18 September, 2011 01:01
Roll out the welcome wagon, Android fans: It looks like you'll soon have a new place to shop.
By JR Raphael | 18 March, 2011 09:27
Whitepapers about apps
Mobile devices are not just another type of endpoint. Inherent features (e.g., camera, accelerometer, proximity sensor, etc.) coupled with the always-connected, readily available nature of these devices represent an opportunity for improvement in enterprise user productivity. Enterprises can begin to realize this potential by allowing use of corporate data in both custom-built and commercially available mobile apps. Mobile workflows resulting from interactions between these apps can be faster and more intuitive than those on a PC. However, the need to always retain control over corporate data should give an enterprise pause before sanctioning the widespread use of sensitive business information on mobile devices.
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
This whitepaper contains case study research by Forrester consulting focused on continuous availability and the total economic impact of deploying EMC technology The study provides readers with a framework to evaluate the potential financial impact of EMC technology on their organisations To better understand the benefits, costs and risks associated with deploying the technology, Forrester interviewed four current EMC customers. Research also revealed how to minimize downtime, improve asset utilisation and load balancing, while increasing efficiency in data migration and hardware maintenance
- Spliddit: Algorithms to divide the rent, stuff, or credit fairly between people
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Black Friday: Newegg axes prices on laptops, desktops, tablets and more
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
- Double-edged feedback sword nicks Microsoft over OneDrive
- The ups and downs of Microsoft Band
- US man sentenced for hacking POS systems at Subway
- FCC chairman gives no timeline for net neutrality decision
- Connected-home Babel: There's an app for that, startup says
- Flurry of hydrogen fuel cell cars challenge all-electric vehicles
- Mozilla reports flat revenue from Google-Firefox search deal
- Apple delivers another Yosemite beta as WiFi issues persist
- UpCloud bets on storage performance, US datacenter to dent market