Argonne National Laboratory - News, Features, and Slideshows
China isn't downloading software off the Web to build its systems, it has design teams writing its software, says Argonne's Peter Beckman, who heads the DOE's exascale initiative.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 10 June, 2013 13:47
The international competition to build an exascale supercomputer is gaining steam, especially in China and Europe, according to Peter Beckman , a top computer scientist at the U.S. Department of Energy's Argonne National Laboratory.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 23 November, 2011 02:08
Researchers at the Argonne National Laboratory this week showed how an electronic voting machine model that's expected to be widely used to tally votes in the 2012 elections can be easily hacked using inexpensive, widely-available electronic components.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 29 September, 2011 02:04
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Although government agencies invest large sums of money into their IT defenses, an unknowing user can help adversaries dethrone even the most regal of security systems, that's why proper precautions are needed in expanding your mobile strategies. Read more
- GoogleX head talks moonshoots and need for failure
- At Google I/O, no huge surprises but a honing of critical products
- The NSA reportedly tried -- but failed -- to use a Stuxnet variant against North Korea
- Google to Cardboard developers: Keep it short and simple, and watch out for nausea
- Italy's architectural elite moves to rub out crowdsourcing design site
- Apple's tech support thrashes competition, whether in-store or over the phone
- New iOS tools help Android developers -- and Google
- Ericcson touts 5G mobile speeds
- Silk Road mastermind Ulbricht sentenced
- Google I/O 2015 in photos
- Intel works to end "lost" data center devices
- Microsoft throws open the doors for Cloud Foundry on Azure
- Don't blame free Windows 10 for PC business ills
- Google and Levi's team up on smart clothes
- Google bets that smart fabrics, gesture interfaces will replace fiddling on a tiny wearable touchscreen