Argonne National Laboratory - News, Features, and Slideshows
China isn't downloading software off the Web to build its systems, it has design teams writing its software, says Argonne's Peter Beckman, who heads the DOE's exascale initiative.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 10 June, 2013 13:47
The international competition to build an exascale supercomputer is gaining steam, especially in China and Europe, according to Peter Beckman , a top computer scientist at the U.S. Department of Energy's Argonne National Laboratory.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 23 November, 2011 02:08
Researchers at the Argonne National Laboratory this week showed how an electronic voting machine model that's expected to be widely used to tally votes in the 2012 elections can be easily hacked using inexpensive, widely-available electronic components.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 29 September, 2011 02:04
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTDigital Media PlannerNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
Bolstered by favorable economics, today’s global botnets are using distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks to target firewalls, web services, and applications, often simultaneously. This DDoS threat spectrum includes conventional network attacks, HTTP and SSL floods, and an emerging wave of low-bandwidth threats, plus the new threat vectors likely to target emerging service platforms.
- Security spending gets boost from mobile, social and cloud, says Gartner
- Microsoft engineer: 'Definitely problems' with test process after crippling Windows patch
- Sony's perfume bottle camera is aimed at selfie addicts
- Carmakers put Apple's CarPlay in the slow lane
- What matters in the fall smartphone lineup: brand, display size, battery life, LTE
- Startup tips: Separating speculators from investors
- Mobile apps could be abused to make expensive phone calls
- St George to support biometric banking in iOS 8
- In Pictures: Our 10 favourite techie Simpsons episodes and moments
- ACMA requires NBN warning on backup power
- Security spending nears $2 billion a year in Australia: Gartner
- Google's search app gets friendlier to bilingual Android users
- NBN end users approach 100Mbps with FTTN
- Adult content could stimulate virtual reality market
- Cloud computing: Potential, pitfalls for people with disabilities