Argonne National Laboratory - News, Features, and Slideshows
China isn't downloading software off the Web to build its systems, it has design teams writing its software, says Argonne's Peter Beckman, who heads the DOE's exascale initiative.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 10 June, 2013 13:47
The international competition to build an exascale supercomputer is gaining steam, especially in China and Europe, according to Peter Beckman , a top computer scientist at the U.S. Department of Energy's Argonne National Laboratory.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 23 November, 2011 02:08
Researchers at the Argonne National Laboratory this week showed how an electronic voting machine model that's expected to be widely used to tally votes in the 2012 elections can be easily hacked using inexpensive, widely-available electronic components.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 29 September, 2011 02:04
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
Many firms are acutely aware of the costs and risks associated with lost or unrecoverable data on employee devices, including desktops, laptops, and mobile devices and while mobility initiatives, including bring your own device (BYOD), are gaining popularity, IDC has discovered that many firms do not have adequate protection, recovery policies or tools in place to manage their ever-increasing volumes of data. Read why IDC believes the need to protect sensitive data residing on desktops, laptops, and mobile devices is more critical than ever and how CommVault Edge can meet end user demands by delivering a solution that is secure and allows users access to their data anywhere and at any time.
- Employment engine keeps humming for IT job seekers
- Salesforce taps Instagram's new API with tailored marketing tools
- Review: Ikea wireless-charging furniture is stylish and functional but not without issues
- So long (Vista), it's been good to know yah
- Who goes there? CA will know with Xceedium buy
- India reverses ban on porn websites
- EFF-led group wants to give do-not-track some bite
- Intel's big plan to seed the private cloud market
- Sprint sees record low customer loss rate, but drops to 4th place behind T-Mobile
- Named Data Networking consortium preps for workshop, hackathon
- Ballmer's phone blunder cost Microsoft $10B
- Harvard CISO shares 5 pearls of IT security wisdom
- Senate heads toward vote on CISA cyberthreat info sharing bill
- SanDisk, Toshiba double down, announce the world's highest capacity 3D NAND flash chips
- A new tool for pricing used IT equipment