backup - News, Features, and Slideshows
Backupify, a cloud-based backup service offered for SaaS platforms including Salesforce and Google Apps, may expand to many other SaaS platforms through a developer kit designed for quick and easy integration.
By Stephen Lawson | 07 October, 2013 20:59
In a bid to help large businesses create and manage snapshots of application data across sprawling enterprise environments, CommVault is releasing the snapshot component of its Simpana suite as a standalone product.
By Stephen Lawson | 29 October, 2012 12:33
With the increasingly mobile nature of today's workforce, securing your data while on the road has become increasingly important. We've rounded up and tested some of the best encrypted external hard drives on the market, looking at both hardware- and software-encryption based devices.
By TechWorld staff | 15 December, 2011 12:51
Many of us were shocked last week that a company as prominent as Danger, Inc. could make such a rookie mistake by losing the data of T-Mobile's Sidekick customers. As a system administrator, if there is one thing you absolutely have to get right, it's backups. Here are six ways to botch them.
By Michael Scalisi | 30 October, 2009 02:18
Mention Shakespeare and everyone spouts "To be or not to be." Mention backup, and the question becomes, "To tape or not to tape?" Is tape dead, or do tape-based backup systems still have a place in the modern small business?
By James E. Gaskin | 29 July, 2009 23:53
Whitepapers about backup
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTMedia Planner Buyer - Media Trader OpportunitiesNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
The megatrends of consumerisation are forcing organisations to adapt. This whitepaper looks at why enterprise mobility programs must be underpinned by a solid strategy to reap the benefits of this disruptive technology and avoid the pitfalls. • While most global analyst firms report Enterprise Mobility as a critical initiative, the majority of businesses do not have a comprehensive strategy in place • Organisations should take a selective approach to adopting disruptive technologies , aligning their cultural needs, business imperatives and IT requirements • IT departments have to support a constantly evolving, fragmented operating system environment and device landscape
- Geeks' favorite DeNA interactive streaming platform looks beyond Japan
- Local govt association boosts customer focus, knowledge management
- Amazon's new Fire tablets have more features at lower prices
- IPv6, IANA transition headline APNIC meeting
- Encryption goof fixed in TorrentLocker file-locking malware
- NBN often 'indistinguishable' from existing broadband for many: Turnbull
- CoinJar flashes Bitcoin debit card
- US military unaware of Chinese attacks against transport contractors
- Anittel reports revenue of $36m
- Bug infects Apple's iOS 8 HealthKit, delaying app launches
- Google lets Apps users bypass admins and install third-party Marketplace tools
- The kill switch is here: iOS 8 enables it by default
- Reports of another wave of layoffs rekindle bad press for Microsoft
- AT&T to put service setup in enterprise customers' hands