Barack Obama - News, Features, and Slideshows
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission chairman's view of net neutrality rules and President Barack Obama's are not as different as some reports this week have suggested, the chairman said Friday.
By Grant Gross | 09 August, 2014 04:17
U.S. President Barack Obama has signed legislation focused on overhauling the Department of Veteran Affairs' troubled health-care system, including an IT review of the VA's process of scheduling patients.
By Grant Gross | 08 August, 2014 05:32
More than 40 privacy, civil rights and religious groups have called on President Barack Obama's administration to provide a "full public accounting" of long-time email surveillance of prominent Muslims living in the U.S., following a news report detailing the spying by the U.S. National Security Agency and FBI.
By Grant Gross | 10 July, 2014 05:03
A debate in the U.S. about whether the National Security Agency should end its bulk collection of U.S. telephone and business records has come down to an argument over the meaning of the word "bulk."
By Grant Gross | 07 June, 2014 04:08
The U.S. House of Representatives has approved a bill that would limit the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic phone records, even as several civil liberties and tech groups withdrew their support after last-minute changes.
By Grant Gross | 23 May, 2014 01:54
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
By Grant Gross | 20 December, 2013 16:11
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves. Here in no particular order are IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of the year.
By Marc Ferranti | 09 December, 2013 19:51
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
By Grant Gross | 07 November, 2012 19:06
With the U.S. presidential election on Tuesday, it's fair to say that technology policy hasn't risen to the top of the agenda in the debate between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
By Grant Gross | 02 November, 2012 17:37
The press has been all over President-Elect Barack Obama's addiction to his BlackBerry and the possibility that he might have to give it up for reasons of national security. But no one in the media seems to be asking the most logical follow-up question: Is the cybertechnology that can compromise the future chief executive's BlackBerry also a threat to mobile devices being used every day by thousands of senior executives in corporate America?
By Ephraim Schwartz | 10 December, 2008 09:27
UXC Connect’s Jesmond Psaila says that DevOps can do for IT operations what Agile did for software development. This paper demonstrates how, by combining both approaches, you can significantly improve operational efficiency and time-to-market. • Marketing and development teams want to constantly change or increase functionality, while IT operations teams want to keep the environment as stable as possible • Agile software development and virtualisation have not solved the time-to-value problem faced by marketing and IT operations teams • Recent movements in DevOps aim to address and redefine a more agile service management platform, while new tools have vastly improved functionality to configure and automate common processes
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
The rise of mobile users and apps, coupled with the continued growth in SaaS, has transformed traditional business environments. Identity is the new perimeter. Learn what you can do with a centralized Identity Access Management (IAM) service across this hybrid IT environment.
- Should you buy enterprise applications from a startup?
- Microsoft's Australian Azure region 'just around the corner'
- Healthdirect Australia sees value in open source for security solution
- Namecheap says accounts compromised in hacking incident
- Why hackers may be stealing your credit card numbers for years
- Quickflix suffers $10m loss
- Web Marketing Experts to create 115 new jobs in Melbourne
- Comms Alliance backs website blocking in piracy fight
- Reconnaissance code on industrial software site points to watering hole attack
- China orders Microsoft to explain Windows, Office practices within 20 days
- Europol launches international cybercrime task force
- Show spotlight will be on smartwatches with better looks and connectivity
- China gives Microsoft 20 days to answer questions in anti-monopoly probe
- Happy Labor Day -- will a bot take your help desk job?
- European 700MHz band should be freed for mobile broadband by 2020, report says