Barack Obama - News, Features, and Slideshows
Two top officials in U.S. President Barack Obama's administration, including the director of national intelligence, have voiced support for a Senate bill that would end the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records.
By Grant Gross | 04 September, 2014 23:48
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission chairman's view of net neutrality rules and President Barack Obama's are not as different as some reports this week have suggested, the chairman said Friday.
By Grant Gross | 09 August, 2014 04:17
U.S. President Barack Obama has signed legislation focused on overhauling the Department of Veteran Affairs' troubled health-care system, including an IT review of the VA's process of scheduling patients.
By Grant Gross | 08 August, 2014 05:32
More than 40 privacy, civil rights and religious groups have called on President Barack Obama's administration to provide a "full public accounting" of long-time email surveillance of prominent Muslims living in the U.S., following a news report detailing the spying by the U.S. National Security Agency and FBI.
By Grant Gross | 10 July, 2014 05:03
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
By Grant Gross | 20 December, 2013 16:11
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves. Here in no particular order are IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of the year.
By Marc Ferranti | 09 December, 2013 19:51
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
By Grant Gross | 07 November, 2012 19:06
With the U.S. presidential election on Tuesday, it's fair to say that technology policy hasn't risen to the top of the agenda in the debate between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
By Grant Gross | 02 November, 2012 17:37
The press has been all over President-Elect Barack Obama's addiction to his BlackBerry and the possibility that he might have to give it up for reasons of national security. But no one in the media seems to be asking the most logical follow-up question: Is the cybertechnology that can compromise the future chief executive's BlackBerry also a threat to mobile devices being used every day by thousands of senior executives in corporate America?
By Ephraim Schwartz | 10 December, 2008 09:27
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTMedia Planner Buyer - Media Trader OpportunitiesNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
If your business has plans that include aggressive growth and aspires to be a best-in-class organization, your IT systems and applications need to be up to the task. Homegrown solutions or outdated software can hamper the execution of your strategic vision. If your IT infrastructure and maintenance costs are affecting your ability to stay competitive, then a cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) suite is well worth exploring. This eBook explores the core components of a cloud-based ERP solution that delivers enterprise-class software without sacrificing functionality or changes to business processes and with no additional cost for infrastructure and complicated integrations.
- The Net: From cyberspace to everyplace
- Is Panasonic's CM1 a camera or a smartphone?
- BlackLine creates APAC vice president role
- Apple Watch under scrutiny for privacy by Connecticut attorney general
- Antique equipment dents IPv6 reliability
- 'Tiny banker' malware targets US financial institutions
- Flash storage hits the right note for APRA AMCOS
- Data loss detection tool mines the ephemeral world of 'pastes'
- Telstra to carry out Etihad Stadium tech upgrade
- Google registers dip in data requests from Australian police
- Wi-Fi group acts to simplify peer-to-peer video, printing and other tasks
- Facebook open sources its mcrouter data-caching tool
- University of Queensland seeks network DDoS mitigation services
- Uber doubles down on shared rides, enacts permanent pricing cut for UberX
- In Pictures: World’s hot alternative energy projects