business issues - News, Features, and Slideshows
When Microsoft announced that it would be offering consumers a free upgrade to Windows 10, it got a lot of people talking. After all, the company charged US$199 per license for consumers to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional just six years ago. So clearly, a free upgrade to a new OS would have to have a big impact on Microsoft's business, right?
By Blair Hanley Frank | 15 August, 2015 02:55
Apple and Intel are both making progress in their efforts to hire more women and minorities, according to figures released by the companies this week.
By Zach Miners | 14 August, 2015 10:04
Struggling HTC is cutting 15 per cent of its work force in an attempt to cut costs and revive its ailing smartphone business.
By Michael Kan | 13 August, 2015 23:19
In the wake of lackluster earnings, Lenovo said it is working towards pumping out products faster from its newly acquired Motorola Mobility division.
By Michael Kan | 13 August, 2015 14:14
Lenovo is laying off 3200 employees and trimming down its smartphone portfolio in response to a slowdown in its PC and handset sales.
By Michael Kan | 13 August, 2015 11:29
In recent months the news of Chris Roberts alleged hacking of an inflight entertainment system and possibly other parts of the Boeing 737 have sparked a wave of controversy. Public opinion was originally on Roberts' side, but the recent publication of the FBI affidavit changed that drastically. According to the affidavit, Roberts admitted to doing a live "pen-test" of a plane network in mid-air.
By By Ondrej Krehel and Darin Andersen of Cyberunited Lifars | 15 August, 2015 07:10
Google's restructuring could finally deliver to Wall Street something it's been after for years: more insight into what the company is spending on things like Nest, drones and health research.
By Sharon Gaudin | 12 August, 2015 06:50
With the restructuring of its business announced Monday, Google may be trying to gain control over the chaos that its myriad of projects and new business ventures has created.
By Sharon Gaudin | 12 August, 2015 01:12
Ask Bobby Martin what he likes best about working for Quicken Loans when he's front and center at a Detroit Red Wings hockey game, and he'd be hard-pressed not to name the scores of free tickets available to any employee.
By Beth Stackpole | 22 June, 2015 23:37
Six months after arriving at Credit Acceptance Corp. as a contract tech support analyst, Chris Thomas hired on as a full-time employee. He hasn't looked back.
By Julia King | 22 June, 2015 23:36
Whitepapers about business issues
For a number of industries, there is room for delays caused by poor performance of IT infrastructure, and the importance of a solid monitoring system has never been greater. Read about how the Midcontinent Independent System Operator was able to tackle this challenge and effectively administer one of the world’s largest energy markets.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior C# .NET Developer (Focus WCF, MVC)VIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
Organisations are struggling with a torrent of data thanks to cloud computing, mobility and the Internet of Things. And conventional backup and recovery methods are failing. This white paper outlines the benefits of a modern approach to disaster recovery.
- Report: Hackers steal, post details on 9,000 DHS employees
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Mozilla moves Firefox to more flexible release schedule
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- Flash memory's density surpasses hard drives for first time
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs