business issues - News, Features, and Slideshows
- HP sells majority stake of China server, storage business to Tsinghua Holdings
- Chip maker Avago may be close to buying Broadcom
- EMC scoops up Virtustream for cloud management in US$1.2 billion deal
- CA gets 'agile' with $US480 million purchase of Rally
Avago Technologies has agreed to buy Broadcom in a deal that will create a networking chip giant with a wide variety of products, including components for the burgeoning IoT sector.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 28 May, 2015 22:18
Expanding into the field of agile software development, CA Technologies is acquiring programming tools and services company Rally Software for US$480 million.
By Joab Jackson | 28 May, 2015 09:32
Apple reclaimed the top-rated brand value spot in Millward Brown's annual review on the back of exceptional iPhone 6 sales last year.
By Gregg Keizer | 28 May, 2015 06:37
EMC is purchasing the privately held Virtustream software provider for approximately US$1.2 billion to expand its portfolio of cloud management tools.
By Joab Jackson | 27 May, 2015 01:39
The possible acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent of France by Finland-based Nokia would bring together complementary patent portfolios and increase their scale against larger global competitors, analysts said Tuesday.
By Matt Hamblen | 15 April, 2015 05:49
As the director of Information Technology for CDG, a Boeing subsidiary in the Digital Aviation business unit, I have responsibility to enable thousands of professionals with technology on a global basis. After eight years on the job, I've learned my share of hard lessons about managing people and technology.--
By Paul Duchouquette | 31 March, 2015 04:17
It all started at the Linux.conf.au Conference, when Nebula developer (and former colleague) Matthew Garrett kicked off a post-keynote Q&A session with Linux kernel creator Linus Torvalds by asking about his often-abrasive, super-aggressive tone on official mailing lists.
By Matt Weinberger | 24 January, 2015 05:59
Microsoft took a big loss on its 2012 investment in Barnes & Noble, getting less than half of its original upfront $300 million back when the two firms parted ways today.
By Gregg Keizer | 05 December, 2014 23:44
Don't mistake Larry Ellison's decision Thursday to step down as CEO of Oracle as a big change.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 19 September, 2014 21:57
Whitepapers about business issues
For a number of industries, there is room for delays caused by poor performance of IT infrastructure, and the importance of a solid monitoring system has never been greater. Read about how the Midcontinent Independent System Operator was able to tackle this challenge and effectively administer one of the world’s largest energy markets.
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Rackspace Hosting, the world’s leading specialist in hosting and cloud computing, wanted to offer its customers an easy way to link dedicated managed servers to cloudbased servers. The company used Application Delivery Networking devices from F5 to help build a hybrid service called RackConnect.
- DeNA aims for robot taxis by 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- Salesforce doubles down on big data with new analytics tool
- Server sales bolstered by cloud expansions
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Thursday, May 28
- German gov't proposes telecom data retention law
- Rio Tinto signs $20m managed services contract with Empired
- Sony keeps optical discs alive with storage startup acquisition
- Legal trouble in wearables business: Jawbone sues Fitbit
- Lenovo shows smartphone that lets users interact with projected content
- Government hopes to pass site-blocking legislation next month
- Apache Cordova fixes flaw that could cause apps to crash
- MacTel unveils leaseback plan for Intellicentre 2 data centre
- Wi-Fi access point scans can betray a person's location
- Biometrics funding to help deliver identity assurance, Dutton says
- ISPs, rights holders continue negotiations over anti-piracy code costs