business issues - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Microsoft bringing more mobile, cloud products to China with new subsidiary
- Micro Focus buying Novell, Suse Linux owner for $US1.2 billion
Microsoft's massive staff reduction, which shocked many when it was announced in July, is back in the spotlight with a pair of reports that the ax will come down on another group of employees Thursday.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 18 September, 2014 06:58
Steve Jobs' office at Apple remains intact, and looks exactly the way it did when he passed away in October of 2012. This tidbit first came to the surface when a video clip of Tim Cook's interview with Charlie Rose was released earlier this week.
By Yoni Heisler | 18 September, 2014 05:24
Sony says its mobile brand is now worth a lot less than before.
By Tim Hornyak | 17 September, 2014 21:27
Intel's US$740 million investment in software company Cloudera will help sell more x86 chips in Hadoop installations, but it could also be a defensive move to maintain its server lead from the emerging threat posed by 64-bit ARM servers.
By Agam Shah | 01 April, 2014 07:40
Last week, Salesforce.com reported its fourth-quarter and year-end fiscal 2014 results, announcing a major bump in revenue and even raising its guidance significantly. But the fast-growing cloud vendor is also continuing to post significant losses as it spends big on sales, marketing and acquisitions.
By Chris Kanaracus | 07 March, 2014 17:44
SAP's strategy event for the investment community on Tuesday offered few major surprises to anyone who's been closely monitoring the software vendor lately, but did serve to cement the company's future direction for product development, growth and customer retention. Here's a look at some of the highlights of the event.
By Chris Kanaracus | 04 February, 2014 22:20
Whitepapers about business issues
For a number of industries, there is room for delays caused by poor performance of IT infrastructure, and the importance of a solid monitoring system has never been greater. Read about how the Midcontinent Independent System Operator was able to tackle this challenge and effectively administer one of the world’s largest energy markets.
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTMedia Planner Buyer - Media Trader OpportunitiesNSW
Abstract: The need for advanced IT capabilities isn’t limited to big companies. Competent IT is an important philosophy these days, and organizations of all sizes are coming to depend on the functional capability, good economic value, and the competitive advantage that technology can provide. EMC’s new VNXe provides functional capabilities typically found in larger, enterprise-class arrays, but for an entry-level price.
- Geeks' favorite DeNA interactive streaming platform looks beyond Japan
- Local govt association boosts customer focus, knowledge management
- Amazon's new Fire tablets have more features at lower prices
- IPv6, IANA transition headline APNIC meeting
- Encryption goof fixed in TorrentLocker file-locking malware
- NBN often 'indistinguishable' from existing broadband for many: Turnbull
- CoinJar flashes Bitcoin debit card
- US military unaware of Chinese attacks against transport contractors
- Anittel reports revenue of $36m
- Bug infects Apple's iOS 8 HealthKit, delaying app launches
- Google lets Apps users bypass admins and install third-party Marketplace tools
- The kill switch is here: iOS 8 enables it by default
- Reports of another wave of layoffs rekindle bad press for Microsoft
- AT&T to put service setup in enterprise customers' hands