Capita - News, Features, and Slideshows
Corporations and venture capitalists loved renewable energy last year, and will continue to embrace it this year.
By Lucas Mearian | 10 January, 2015 08:56
Capriza, a startup that helps enterprises convert their legacy apps into mobile- and cloud-based ones, Thursday announced it has racked up an additional $27 million in venture funding. That should be enough to help Capriza scale its business on the marketing and sales side, and maybe even have enough left over to afford a drummer and bassist to form a company band (more on that later...).
By Bob Brown | 30 October, 2014 22:43
The Internet of Things, and everything that's part of its universe, including smart machines, pervasive analytics and 3D printing, are on Gartner's annual list of strategic technologies for the year ahead.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 08 October, 2014 06:57
Pluralsight, a Salt Lake City e-learning company that offers video-based courses on everything from Windows 8 to WebRTC to Apple iOS, has raised a fresh $135 million in venture funding.
By Bob Brown | 28 August, 2014 02:02
Even though the term "phablet" draws a lot of snarky remarks, some workplace executives have lately come to appreciate large-screen smartphones. And at least one who should know even believes that smartphones with a display that's 5.5-in. or larger (like the new iPhone 6 Plus or the Galaxy Note 4) could replace PCs in a few years.
By Matt Hamblen | 10 November, 2014 22:23
Microsoft's board of directors wants to wrap up its search for a new CEO before the end of the year, according to Bloomberg, citing anonymous sources close to the action.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 October, 2013 20:24
Gartner has positioned Check Point as a Leader in the Mobile Data Protection (MDP) Magic Quadrant for the eighth consecutive year.1 Gartner evaluates each company’s MDP offerings on a scale of completeness of vision and ability execute. Read the full report to see which vendors made it to the Magic Quadrant, compare their strengths and cautions, and see what Gartner says about Check Point.
- LightCyber rolls out new features for endpoint malware detection platform
- Google gives VMware huge public cloud boost
- Mozilla puts old hardware to new use, runs Tor relays
- Microsoft continues cross-platform tear, releases Outlook for iOS, Android
- Microsoft kicks off C# 7 language planning
- Alibaba calls Chinese regulatory report unfair, as customer numbers grow
- Office for Android now widely available, with new Outlook apps in tow
- AllSeen IoT group acts to head off patent wars
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Thursday, January 29
- Microsoft previews OneDrive for Business for the Mac
- Intel wants to banish cables, connectors with new Broadwell chips
- Apple hits Samsung at home, where it hurts
- US targets mobile operator for deceptive data promises
- Symantec A/NZ boss Brenton Smith quits
- Boosted by iPhone 6 sales, Apple ties with Samsung for top smartphone rank