Capita - News, Features, and Slideshows
Reports surfaced last week that Cisco may be close to buying hyperconvergence start-up Nutanix.
By Jim Duffy | 19 May, 2015 23:08
Unicorns are all the rage these days, and we're not talking about the ones in fantasy stories or on your kids' bedspreads. The unicorns that people at events like last week's TIE Startup Con (formerly TIEcon East) are agog over are private companies with valuations of $1 billion or more, such as co-working office space provider WeWork and data virtualization company Actifio, whose founders talked shop during the opening panel at the Cambridge, Mass., get-together for entrepreneurs and investors.
By Bob Brown | 09 May, 2015 02:30
The recent Demo Traction event showcased a host of young companies that are gaining market momentum. Each gave their pitch and then answered to a panel of judges. If it is important for you to stay on the up and up with emerging technologies, this is must watch stuff.
By John Dix | 08 May, 2015 06:16
Even though the term "phablet" draws a lot of snarky remarks, some workplace executives have lately come to appreciate large-screen smartphones. And at least one who should know even believes that smartphones with a display that's 5.5-in. or larger (like the new iPhone 6 Plus or the Galaxy Note 4) could replace PCs in a few years.
By Matt Hamblen | 10 November, 2014 22:23
Microsoft's board of directors wants to wrap up its search for a new CEO before the end of the year, according to Bloomberg, citing anonymous sources close to the action.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 October, 2013 20:24
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Databarracks wanted to provide better, faster, more reliable disaster recovery for customers—and at lower cost. This winning combination could provide a huge competitive advantage.
- US Senate blocks NSA surveillance reform bill
- Amazon rules Gartner's magical box
- Google gives Android developers new tools for tracking app performance
- Microsoft offers Windows 10 carrot, threatens with stick
- US Senate leader pushes to extend NSA phone dragnet
- IBM defends use of temp visa workers
- Marines test augmented reality battlefield
- Pebble Time smartwatch to begin shipping on May 27
- Adblock browsers for Android and iOS to keep mobile ads, tracking at bay
- Torque G02 smartphone doesn't mind a saltwater dunk
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, May 22
- Factory reset in Android phones leaves sensitive user data behind
- Secom security drone follows, photographs intruders
- Alibaba's UC Browser found leaking users' data
- Freelance hacking site vows to clean up dodgy listings