Capita - News, Features, and Slideshows
Corporations and venture capitalists loved renewable energy last year, and will continue to embrace it this year.
By Lucas Mearian | 10 January, 2015 08:56
Capriza, a startup that helps enterprises convert their legacy apps into mobile- and cloud-based ones, Thursday announced it has racked up an additional $27 million in venture funding. That should be enough to help Capriza scale its business on the marketing and sales side, and maybe even have enough left over to afford a drummer and bassist to form a company band (more on that later...).
By Bob Brown | 30 October, 2014 22:43
Even though the term "phablet" draws a lot of snarky remarks, some workplace executives have lately come to appreciate large-screen smartphones. And at least one who should know even believes that smartphones with a display that's 5.5-in. or larger (like the new iPhone 6 Plus or the Galaxy Note 4) could replace PCs in a few years.
By Matt Hamblen | 10 November, 2014 22:23
Microsoft's board of directors wants to wrap up its search for a new CEO before the end of the year, according to Bloomberg, citing anonymous sources close to the action.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 October, 2013 20:24
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Communications service providers face an array of complex challenges, from network growth and increasing security threats to technology transitions. In the face of these challenges, CSPs still need to plan for growth. Find out how
- Americans view government's online services and public data sharing as a resounding ‘meh'
- HTTPS snooping flaw in third-party library affected 1,000 iOS apps with millions of users
- Not motivated to jog? A drone can help
- Booking.com will no longer require European hotels to offer it better room prices
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, April 21
- Google makes mobile websites more app-like with Chrome push notifications
- To control your phone, just keep tapping it
- Huawei plans to offer public cloud service in China
- Nuage Networks launches SDN services in Australia
- Government just doesn't 'get' startups, says StartupAUS
- Microsoft, Yahoo search deal amendment makes termination easier
- Business as usual for Optus, Singtel says
- Qualcomm looking to fast-track Snapdragon 820 with help from Samsung
- Appeals court rejects man's claim he owns half of Facebook
- Victorian government to establish $60m startup strategy