Capita - News, Features, and Slideshows
Apple has updated both OS X Yosemite and iOS 8, probably for the last time other than for security fixes.
By Gregg Keizer | 14 August, 2015 23:44
Windows 10 is buzz-worthy, Adobe said Wednesday as it cited data from its social media metrics platform that showed positive vibes about the new OS.
By Gregg Keizer | 30 July, 2015 22:43
Next-gen endpoint protection vendor CrowdStrike has landed $100 million in new investments to beef up sales and engineering and continue its push to make anti-virus software obsolete.
By Tim Greene | 18 July, 2015 07:15
Apple today released public betas of iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan, giving non-developers their first chance to preview a major release of its mobile operating system and replicating the practice of last year for its Mac OS.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 July, 2015 06:24
Google's restructuring could finally deliver to Wall Street something it's been after for years: more insight into what the company is spending on things like Nest, drones and health research.
By Sharon Gaudin | 12 August, 2015 06:50
This is a time of temptation for Apple enthusiasts, many of whom are eager to get their hands -- and devices -- on the company's newest software. Between June, when company execs tout the upcoming versions of Apple's desktop and mobile operating systems, and the fall, when the polished, finished versions arrive, Apple users get a chance to serve as beta testers.
By Michael deAgonia | 24 July, 2015 00:45
The recent Demo Traction event showcased a host of young companies that are gaining market momentum. Each gave their pitch and then answered to a panel of judges. If it is important for you to stay on the up and up with emerging technologies, this is must watch stuff.
By John Dix | 08 May, 2015 06:16
Even though the term "phablet" draws a lot of snarky remarks, some workplace executives have lately come to appreciate large-screen smartphones. And at least one who should know even believes that smartphones with a display that's 5.5-in. or larger (like the new iPhone 6 Plus or the Galaxy Note 4) could replace PCs in a few years.
By Matt Hamblen | 10 November, 2014 22:23
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCIT Solutions DesignerNSW
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
One of the biggest use cases for the cloud – in fact, the biggest, in the case of hosted private cloud – is for backup and disaster recovery. This white paper explores why the Cloud is well suited for Disaster Recovery and what organisations need to consider to ensure that Cloud DR is right for them.
- These are the fastest growing IT jobs
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Most enterprises plan to boost Cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- GitHub apologizes for ignoring community concerns
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts US$75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Five sue Apple over Error 53 and bricked iPhones
- AT&T to run field trials of 5G wireless in Austin this year
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together