Carrier IQ - News, Features, and Slideshows
Sprint, the biggest user of Carrier IQ's software, said Friday it has disabled use of the tool in response to customer concerns.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 17 December, 2011 08:37
Documents filed in response to a U.S. lawmaker's request show that Sprint is by far the biggest user of Carrier IQ's software, with more than 26 million handsets featuring the controversial mobile tracking tool.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 16 December, 2011 23:32
Carrier IQ last night released a document describing its technology in what appears to be a belated attempt to quell continuing concerns over its controversial tracking software.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 14 December, 2011 07:11
These days IT teams must support a multiplicity of devices, operating systems and work habits. This paper helps readers learn how best to simplify administration and secure vital data. • To capitalize on mobility, enterprises need to provide employees with access to corporate data and applications anytime, anywhere • Organizations need to expand access to corporate networks without exposing the organization to threats • Organizations must have the flexibility to accommodate a wide range of variables today and lay the groundwork for future developments
- NIST pledges transparency in NSA dealings over crypto standards
- North Carolina could be next in Google Fiber roll-out
- Conference calls a waste of time? In 1915, this one made history
- Box rides high on Wall Street’s warm welcome
- China tightens Internet control by blocking VPN services
- NFL statement on New England Patriots Deflate-gate
- A Doomsday Clock reading guide
- Microsoft releases big update to Windows 10 preview
- U.S. to impose big tariffs on China and Taiwan for dumping solar panels on market
- US spy program has financial, security impacts, says Snowden
- NASA tests robotic helicopter that would act as Mars scout
- No worries! Asteroid to safely pass Earth on Monday
- Sony delays earnings report in wake of hack attack
- Microsoft to acquire R language powerhouse Revolution Analytics
- Republicans call on FCC to release net neutrality proposal before voting