Sprint, the biggest user of Carrier IQ's software, said Friday it has disabled use of the tool in response to customer concerns.
Carrier IQ - News, Features, and Slideshows
Documents filed in response to a U.S. lawmaker's request show that Sprint is by far the biggest user of Carrier IQ's software, with more than 26 million handsets featuring the controversial mobile tracking tool.
FBI Director Robert Mueller today denied his agency has ever sought any information directly from Carrier IQ for any of its investigations.
Carrier IQ last night released a document describing its technology in what appears to be a belated attempt to quell continuing concerns over its controversial tracking software.
The FBI has denied a request for the release of information regarding its use of Carrier IQ's software, saying that releasing the information could interfere with ongoing law enforcement operations.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.