ces 2010 - News, Features, and Slideshows
It appears Android-equipped devices are enjoying a coming-out party at this week's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Major hardware manufacturers, including Dell, HTC, MIPS Technologies, and Motorola, have announced plans to launch consumer products, including smartphones and TV set-top boxes, which feature the Android mobile operating system.
By Jeff Bertolucci | 07 January, 2010 10:07
Here is a wager I bet I will win. How many of us took a photo, saved a video, or downloaded a music track and have no clue where it's hiding today? Maybe it's buried somewhere on your PC's hard drive or in one of dozen external drives.
By Melissa J. Perenson | 07 January, 2010 09:02
You can tell a lot about the future by studying the not-too-distant past. The megapixel war is officially over, as 8 to 10 megapixels has become the default resolution for even the lowest-end pocket cameras. Instead of racing to add resolution, camera makers will be rushing to capitalize on some of the big developments of the past year.
By Tim Moynihan | 01 January, 2010 14:47
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Organizations across the globe are finding disaster recovery increasingly important for a number of reasons. This white paper explains how virtualization technology can solve the cost vs. time dilemma traditional data recovery solutions pose, enabling organizations to quickly and cost effectively recover all server workloads.
- Acer rolls out new laptop, desktops with Windows, Chrome
- Windows takes early lead over Android in Cherry Trail tablet battle
- Lenovo seeks to be hip 10 years after ThinkPad buy
- Computex focus shifts from PCs to wearables, IoT
- In Pictures: A match made in heaven? 10 tech mergers that defined the industry
- In Pictures: 20 best iPhone/iPad games
- In brief: Lakeside Software opens Sydney office
- Senate report on website-blocking bill pushed back
- New query language could turn log files into business insights
- Apple acquires Metaio with a view to augmented reality
- Government moves to boost mobile broadband spectrum
- Man charged with selling fake discount coupons on Silk Road
- This smart fabric from Google can change the music and turn off the lights
- Fujitsu launches A/NZ security services practice