ces 2010 - News, Features, and Slideshows
Dell's upcoming Mini 5, which was first shown publicly at this years CES, will be made available in a range of colors and will also feature integration with a host of Amazon services, according to a recently leaked internal document.
By Chris Brandrick | 11 March, 2010 06:40
Skype is introducing high-definition video calling that it plans to make interoperable with corporate videoconferencing gear, so individuals could join conferences at high resolution for little cost. The news was unveiled last week during the Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
By Tim Greene | 12 January, 2010 02:41
The excitement around 3D TV at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) did not appear to be influencing companies at the AVN-Adult Entertainment Expo taking place at the same time, despite the fact that the adult industry is often a first mover in new video technologies.
By Dan Nystedt and Martyn Williams | 12 January, 2010 09:44
Every year, we head to Las Vegas for the Consumer Electronics Show, looking for the gadget that's going to be the next big thing. And, every year, we come home amazed and amused. Sure, there are great products at CES--and then there are the products on this list. Read on to find out what made our list of the biggest bummers from the show.
By PC World Staff | 12 January, 2010 08:07
Mary Lou Jepsen and her team at start-up Pixel Qi have their display-screen technology in several products being shown at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and plan to put a DIY (do it yourself) screen kit on the market early this year.
By Dan Nystedt and Martyn Williams | 09 January, 2010 17:33
In a small meeting room at the edge of the show floor at the Consumer Electronics Show, a startup company is demonstrating a motion-sensing interface technology that could offer a radical new way for interacting with games, PCs and televisions.
By James Niccolai | 11 January, 2010 06:41
Micro-Star International (MSI) unveiled two prototype dual-screen netbooks at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas on Thursday: a model with two 7-inch screens and another with two 10-inch screens.
By Dan Nystedt | 08 January, 2010 11:59
LG Electronics' connected TVs are getting more connections - including support (with the addition of a Webcam accessory) for Skype video calls on many of its new sets. This expands on LG's introduction, last year, of sets with built-in support for video-on-demand services such as Netflix and Vudu. Other new Internet services include Picasa and AccuWeather.
By Yardena Arar | 07 January, 2010 04:42
Two new smartphones demonstrated at the CES show this week offer a glimpse into some of the fascinating features to come to Android devices.
By Matt Hamblen | 08 January, 2010 12:05
Microsoft's demonstration Wednesday of "Slate PCs" made by HP, Pegatron, and Archos is by no means its first attempt to help develop such a form factor. The Slate PC seems to be identical to a Tablet with only the name changed. In fact, the Tablet PC has long been a pet project for Microsoft founder Bill Gates, who showed the first Tablet PC prototype in 2000 at the now-defunct Comdex trade show in Las Vegas.
By John Fontana | 08 January, 2010 12:10
Forget 3D TVs. The next big wave to rush down the display tech pipeline are laptops and handheld gadgets with transparent OLED screens.
By Eric Lai | 08 January, 2010 08:11
In a press conference almost as packed with product announcements as it was filled with weary members of the press, Samsung took the cover off of dozens products, including super-slim LED TVs, new e-book readers and capped it with content partnerships with DreamWorks, Technicolor and Google.
By Robert S. Anthony | 08 January, 2010 02:37
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTMedia Planner Buyer - Media Trader OpportunitiesNSW
EMC is redefining storage and data protection for mid-sized organizations. Once, enterprise-class functionality was out of your reach. Now, with EMC VNXe3200 primary storage and Data Domain DD2200 protection storage, you can experience enterprise-class performance at an entry-level price point. It’s time to rethink what’s possible.
- Microsoft sets Windows 9 reveal for Sept. 30
- Mail.Ru buys rest of Russia's VKontakte, ending shareholder dispute
- Net neutrality's hollow promise to startups
- Many Android devices vulnerable to session hijacking through the default browser
- Intel teams with Indian firm to launch 'Eddy' tablet for children
- Infor plots move into cloud financials in strike against Workday
- China's Baidu partners with BMW on driverless car research
- The Net: From cyberspace to everyplace
- Is Panasonic's CM1 a camera or a smartphone?
- BlackLine creates APAC vice president role
- Apple Watch under scrutiny for privacy by Connecticut attorney general
- Antique equipment dents IPv6 reliability
- 'Tiny banker' malware targets US financial institutions
- Flash storage hits the right note for APRA AMCOS
- Data loss detection tool mines the ephemeral world of 'pastes'