Dell's upcoming Mini 5, which was first shown publicly at this years CES, will be made available in a range of colors and will also feature integration with a host of Amazon services, according to a recently leaked internal document.
By Chris Brandrick | 11 March, 2010 06:40
Skype is introducing high-definition video calling that it plans to make interoperable with corporate videoconferencing gear, so individuals could join conferences at high resolution for little cost. The news was unveiled last week during the Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
By Tim Greene | 12 January, 2010 02:41
The excitement around 3D TV at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) did not appear to be influencing companies at the AVN-Adult Entertainment Expo taking place at the same time, despite the fact that the adult industry is often a first mover in new video technologies.
By Dan Nystedt and Martyn Williams | 12 January, 2010 09:44
Every year, we head to Las Vegas for the Consumer Electronics Show, looking for the gadget that's going to be the next big thing. And, every year, we come home amazed and amused. Sure, there are great products at CES--and then there are the products on this list. Read on to find out what made our list of the biggest bummers from the show.
By PC World Staff | 12 January, 2010 08:07
Mary Lou Jepsen and her team at start-up Pixel Qi have their display-screen technology in several products being shown at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and plan to put a DIY (do it yourself) screen kit on the market early this year.
By Dan Nystedt and Martyn Williams | 09 January, 2010 17:33
In a small meeting room at the edge of the show floor at the Consumer Electronics Show, a startup company is demonstrating a motion-sensing interface technology that could offer a radical new way for interacting with games, PCs and televisions.
By James Niccolai | 11 January, 2010 06:41
Micro-Star International (MSI) unveiled two prototype dual-screen netbooks at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas on Thursday: a model with two 7-inch screens and another with two 10-inch screens.
By Dan Nystedt | 08 January, 2010 11:59
LG Electronics' connected TVs are getting more connections - including support (with the addition of a Webcam accessory) for Skype video calls on many of its new sets. This expands on LG's introduction, last year, of sets with built-in support for video-on-demand services such as Netflix and Vudu. Other new Internet services include Picasa and AccuWeather.
By Yardena Arar | 07 January, 2010 04:42
Two new smartphones demonstrated at the CES show this week offer a glimpse into some of the fascinating features to come to Android devices.
By Matt Hamblen | 08 January, 2010 12:05
Microsoft's demonstration Wednesday of "Slate PCs" made by HP, Pegatron, and Archos is by no means its first attempt to help develop such a form factor. The Slate PC seems to be identical to a Tablet with only the name changed. In fact, the Tablet PC has long been a pet project for Microsoft founder Bill Gates, who showed the first Tablet PC prototype in 2000 at the now-defunct Comdex trade show in Las Vegas.
By John Fontana | 08 January, 2010 12:10
Forget 3D TVs. The next big wave to rush down the display tech pipeline are laptops and handheld gadgets with transparent OLED screens.
By Eric Lai | 08 January, 2010 08:11
In a press conference almost as packed with product announcements as it was filled with weary members of the press, Samsung took the cover off of dozens products, including super-slim LED TVs, new e-book readers and capped it with content partnerships with DreamWorks, Technicolor and Google.
By Robert S. Anthony | 08 January, 2010 02:37
Learn how every business can improve efficiency, compete better, and deliver compelling user experiences with flash. You'll also gain access to Gartner's 2013 Cool Vendor Report Download our ebook and learn how you can: - Improve efficiency - Compete better - Deliver compelling user experiences
- FTBrand Relationship Manager | RTB Trading Desk | Digital Advertising | SydneyNSW
- FTContent StrategistNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTDigital Content Manager/Senior Content Manager - CRM/Loyalty FocusNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- FTDeliverability SpecialistNSW
- China working on Linux replacement for Windows XP
- Russian SMS Trojan for Android hits US, dozens of other countries
- Enterprise and service provider networking port revenues reach $39B
- FCC adds $9 billion to broadband subsidy fund
- Microsoft's Bing goes ad-free for all U.S. schools
- Android mobile ad traffic beats iOS for first time
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab 4 line-up goes on sale May 1 starting at $199.99
- Apple kicks off public OS X beta testing
- It's the little things that matter in Amazon Redshift upgrade
- Google AdWords cleared in geotagging patent lawsuit
- China's Xiaomi targets ten markets in international expansion
- Toshiba, SanDisk NAND flash memory shrinks to 15-nanometer process
- Bing for schools out of pilot stage, promises ad-free search
- NSA spying revelations have tired out China's Huawei
- Brazil's senate passes Internet legislation ahead of NETmundial conference