Chrome OS - News, Features, and Slideshows
A wave of inexpensive Windows laptops meant to compete with the Google Chromebook is coming, but analysts say enterprises should carefully consider their requirements before choosing a low-cost device from either company.
By Adam Bender | 09 September, 2014 09:32
Virtualization is helping make Google Chrome OS a potential alternative for enterprises that have traditionally been Windows shops.
By Adam Bender | 08 August, 2014 09:20
Google has reported heightened interest in Chrome OS from Australian organisations since winning a major device contract with Woolworths.
By Adam Bender | 01 July, 2014 15:00
Australian enterprises are expected to take a closer look at Chrome OS as Google makes moves to peel customers away from Microsoft, according to analysts.
By Adam Bender | 28 February, 2014 09:39
Microsoft is launching Windows 7, Google has fired back with Chrome OS, and today Microsoft is turning up the volume on Office 2010. That's a lot to juggle, and soon you'll be asking yourself: Can I afford to upgrade or can I afford not to upgrade?
By Todd R. Weiss | 14 July, 2009 02:17
Whitepapers about Chrome OS
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud. From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity. Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps.
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
- FTMedia Planner Buyer - Media Trader OpportunitiesNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
Technology has become the heart and soul of every business, but IT workload and system complexity become more challenging. This whitepaper details the future of IT, the major challenges facing CIOs, and the three ways to transform IT so CIOs can lead the way.
- Google lets Apps users bypass admins and install third-party Marketplace tools
- The kill switch is here: iOS 8 enables it by default
- Reports of another wave of layoffs rekindle bad press for Microsoft
- AT&T to put service setup in enterprise customers' hands
- MIT's Cheetah robot is off its leash, running and jumping
- Scary video highlights danger of damaged Lithium Ion batteries
- Have a spare $9,000? Join Facebook for the rich
- iOS app devs warn customers off iOS 8's iCloud Drive
- Qlik courts the business manager with easier analytics
- iOS 8 is here -- and it's all over your network
- PGP creator, other top cryptographers head 2014 National Cyber Security Hall of Fame class
- Steve Jobs' office at Apple remains exactly as he left it
- Apple releases iOS 8, starts serving upgrade downloads
- What is Metacloud and why did Cisco buy it?
- Dropbox upgrades API for its lightweight app databases