cisco - News, Features, and Slideshows
cisco in pictures
A flood of updates to databases inside Internet routers caused intermittent outages on Wednesday and connectivity issues for companies, but experts expect the long-forecasted hiccup to be resolved soon.
By Jeremy Kirk | 14 August, 2014 11:59
Smart parking, lighting and waste management could soon be coming to Canberra, according to the ACT government official leading the city’s digital city initiative.
By Adam Bender | 12 August, 2014 13:57
In its semi-annual threat report out today, Cisco points to an "unusual uptick" in attacks on media and publishing, putting that sector the top target for malware.
By Ellen Messmer | 05 August, 2014 22:28
Woolworths is using converged infrastructure as the foundation of a transition to private cloud, but the the ultimate destination will be a hybrid setup that leverages multiple public clouds, the supermarket chain’s infrastructure chief, Matt Chamley, today told the Sydney leg of EMC Forum 2014.
By Rohan Pearce | 01 August, 2014 14:27
On the surface, Cisco and Juniper's SDN strategies seem to have sharp contrasts if recent announcements are any indication.
By Jim Duffy | 07 February, 2013 20:15
It was nearly an hour into the opening keynotes at the Americas Partner Summit on Monday until a Hewlett Packard executive finally used the C-word: Cisco. But the one-time networking partner was certainty front of mind though as HP re-affirmed its commitment to become the leader in every business segment it competes in including networking.
By Jeff Jedras | 28 April, 2010 03:49
Cisco, HP and others are waging an epic battle to gain control of the data center, but at the same time they are joining forces to push through new Ethernet standards that could greatly ease management of those increasingly virtualized IT nerve centers.
By Jim Duffy | 19 January, 2010 17:34
UXC Connect’s Jesmond Psaila says that DevOps can do for IT operations what Agile did for software development. This paper demonstrates how, by combining both approaches, you can significantly improve operational efficiency and time-to-market. • Marketing and development teams want to constantly change or increase functionality, while IT operations teams want to keep the environment as stable as possible • Agile software development and virtualisation have not solved the time-to-value problem faced by marketing and IT operations teams • Recent movements in DevOps aim to address and redefine a more agile service management platform, while new tools have vastly improved functionality to configure and automate common processes
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
This whitepaper discusses the challenge of BYOD and how best-practice deployments help deliver on the business promise of mobility with integrated protection throughout the workplace. • Flexible, end-to-end security enables enterprises to speed adoption of transformative technologies for a competitive edge • If employees feel that security policies impede productivity or encroach on personal data, they look for work-arounds • Integrated solutions that avoid overlapping functionality and streamline management can help organizations maintain tight security and ensure compliance
- In earthquakes, alerts may turn machines into action heroes
- Should you buy enterprise applications from a startup?
- Microsoft's Australian Azure region 'just around the corner'
- Healthdirect Australia sees value in open source for security solution
- Namecheap says accounts compromised in hacking incident
- Why hackers may be stealing your credit card numbers for years
- Quickflix suffers $10m loss
- Web Marketing Experts to create 115 new jobs in Melbourne
- Comms Alliance backs website blocking in piracy fight
- Reconnaissance code on industrial software site points to watering hole attack
- China orders Microsoft to explain Windows, Office practices within 20 days
- Europol launches international cybercrime task force
- Show spotlight will be on smartwatches with better looks and connectivity
- China gives Microsoft 20 days to answer questions in anti-monopoly probe
- Happy Labor Day -- will a bot take your help desk job?