cisco - News, Features, and Slideshows
cisco in pictures
Cisco this week announced its leadership team under new CEO Chuck Robbins and three more high-level executives transitioning out of the company.
By Jim Duffy | 05 June, 2015 05:36
Security orchestration methods and of course SDN is driving the need for programmable interfaces in security products. The Cisco ASA Firewall added a REST API back in December with the 9.3(2) code release. I've asked Mason Harris, from Cisco, to write up a quick how-to primer on the ASA API capabilities. Thank you Mason for the great information.
By Jamey Heary | 13 May, 2015 07:29
Disaggregation seems to be all the rage in networking these days.
By Jim Duffy | 02 March, 2015 22:12
It was all the way back in the Spring of 2011 that Google released WebRTC, its nascent real-time, browser-based, HTML5-powered, no-plugin-required video chat project to the public. In the three and a half years since, the Internet Engineering Task Force and the W3C have been working together to try to formalize the standard, prepare the stable 1.0 release, and get it ready for prime time.
By Matt Weinberger | 22 November, 2014 01:07
The engineering reorganization currently underway at Cisco is intended to streamline product development and delivery to customers, Cisco says.
By Jim Duffy | 18 October, 2014 04:40
On the surface, Cisco and Juniper's SDN strategies seem to have sharp contrasts if recent announcements are any indication.
By Jim Duffy | 07 February, 2013 20:15
Whitepapers about cisco
What can malware do in 60 seconds? One minute can change everything for a business. The speed of business is all about being responsive to customers and stakeholders. So what happens when the speed of business is overtaken by the speed of malware? Given the unprecedented growth in the number of security threats that focus on stealing data, sabotaging business continuity and damaging a company’s reputation, what should organizations do to ensure the speed of malware doesn’t disrupt the speed of business? T
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
Before buying new UPS hardware, today’s data centre operators need to know that the funds they’re investing will result in a quick and significant payback, one that can be improved further if their electrical utility provides energy-efficiency incentive programs for data centres. Find out: How a properly equipped high-efficiency mode UPS pays for itself in as little as two years, the environmental benefits of UPS, plus, the 8 capabilities to look for in high efficiency mode UPS.
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Wednesday, July 1
- Latest Windows 10 SDK preview helps developers build cooler photo apps
- China tightens grip over the Internet with new security law
- Leap second causes Internet hiccup, particularly in Brazil
- Sony launches crowdfunding site, e-paper remote control
- Bauer Media chooses Dropbox for collaboration
- Australian IT spending to reach $78.1 billion in 2015: Gartner
- Xiaomi break outs of Asia, introduces phones to Brazil
- VMware settles claim of overcharging US government
- NSW taskforce to examine Uber-style ridesharing apps
- M2 completes Call Plus acquisition
- Online tool to help NSW agencies comply with FOI rules
- Zuckerberg wants to be the Stephen Hawking of social relations
- More than 28 billion gigabytes of storage shipped last quarter
- Microsoft releases its second Windows 10 build in two days