cisco - News, Features, and Slideshows
cisco in pictures
Cisco has expanded its data center arrangement with Microsoft with a multiyear sales and go-to-market effort for integrated products. The deal builds upon one agreed to 15 months ago, when the two companies combined cloud offerings under their respective Cisco Unified Data Center and Microsoft Fast Track 3.0 architectures.
By Jim Duffy | 19 July, 2014 06:15
Cisco is considering joining a handful of companies, including Google and Microsoft, that have defined a specification for 25Gbps and 50Gbps Ethernet for data centers requiring greater than 10/40Gbps.
By Jim Duffy | 09 July, 2014 06:37
Cisco has given us a big makeover for one of their premier Professional Level Certifications - the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) Certification. The 2014 updates retire some devices and technologies from coverage, and replace these with some of the latest and greatest in Cisco's security portfolio. It does seem that in the area of security, Cisco makes the most sweeping changes, retiring products with no warning. The ever-changing network security landscape certainly helps to make this a reality.
By Anthony Sequeira | 08 July, 2014 02:45
On the surface, Cisco and Juniper's SDN strategies seem to have sharp contrasts if recent announcements are any indication.
By Jim Duffy | 07 February, 2013 20:15
It was nearly an hour into the opening keynotes at the Americas Partner Summit on Monday until a Hewlett Packard executive finally used the C-word: Cisco. But the one-time networking partner was certainty front of mind though as HP re-affirmed its commitment to become the leader in every business segment it competes in including networking.
By Jeff Jedras | 28 April, 2010 03:49
Cisco, HP and others are waging an epic battle to gain control of the data center, but at the same time they are joining forces to push through new Ethernet standards that could greatly ease management of those increasingly virtualized IT nerve centers.
By Jim Duffy | 19 January, 2010 17:34
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
CUA, Australia’s largest customer-owned financial institution, provides banking products and services to over 400,000 customers across the country. An initiative to develop new ‘branch of the future’ retail locations made securing mobile data and applications a number one priority. Read this case study to learn how secure mobility helped them to increase collaboration, manageability and innovation.
- How Microsoft's CEO sees growth for Windows Phone and Lumia
- Thanks to NASA, you can now 3D print models of satellites, probes and planets
- Russian government offers money for identifying Tor users
- EU, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo meet on 'right to be forgotten' but questions remain
- The Pirate Bay makes searching for torrents easier on mobile devices
- Changes afoot as DARPA challenge robots prep for upgrade
- Apple faces privacy suit following Chinese TV report
- Government pushes website blocks to fight piracy
- New guide aims to remove the drama of reporting software flaws
- 'Canvas fingerprinting' tracking is sneaky but easy to halt
- Baidu reports strong mobile ad sales, echoing Facebook
- ASX-listed Bitcoin miner hails results
- UNSW researchers see future for Oculus Rift in engineering
- IoT inspires new components for energy, wireless
- Bitcoin: Addressing concerns over a 51% attack