cisco - News, Features, and Slideshows
cisco in pictures
A flood of updates to databases inside Internet routers caused intermittent outages on Wednesday and connectivity issues for companies, but experts expect the long-forecasted hiccup to be resolved soon.
By Jeremy Kirk | 14 August, 2014 11:59
Smart parking, lighting and waste management could soon be coming to Canberra, according to the ACT government official leading the city’s digital city initiative.
By Adam Bender | 12 August, 2014 13:57
In its semi-annual threat report out today, Cisco points to an "unusual uptick" in attacks on media and publishing, putting that sector the top target for malware.
By Ellen Messmer | 05 August, 2014 22:28
Woolworths is using converged infrastructure as the foundation of a transition to private cloud, but the the ultimate destination will be a hybrid setup that leverages multiple public clouds, the supermarket chain’s infrastructure chief, Matt Chamley, today told the Sydney leg of EMC Forum 2014.
By Rohan Pearce | 01 August, 2014 14:27
On the surface, Cisco and Juniper's SDN strategies seem to have sharp contrasts if recent announcements are any indication.
By Jim Duffy | 07 February, 2013 20:15
It was nearly an hour into the opening keynotes at the Americas Partner Summit on Monday until a Hewlett Packard executive finally used the C-word: Cisco. But the one-time networking partner was certainty front of mind though as HP re-affirmed its commitment to become the leader in every business segment it competes in including networking.
By Jeff Jedras | 28 April, 2010 03:49
Cisco, HP and others are waging an epic battle to gain control of the data center, but at the same time they are joining forces to push through new Ethernet standards that could greatly ease management of those increasingly virtualized IT nerve centers.
By Jim Duffy | 19 January, 2010 17:34
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTDigital Media PlannerNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
Although government agencies invest large sums of money into their IT defenses, an unknowing user can help adversaries dethrone even the most regal of security systems, that's why proper precautions are needed in expanding your mobile strategies. Read more
- Report: Amazon building ad system to compete with Google's
- Airbnb to reveal 124 New York hosts to attorney general
- US warns 'significant number' of major businesses hit by Backoff malware
- Trade-in volume signals 'tremendous' sales for iPhone 6
- HP loses its leader on NFV, a key carrier network trend
- iPhone 6 rumor rollup for the week ending Aug. 22
- Google acquires Gecko Design for next-generation products
- Oregon sues Oracle over troubled health insurance website
- Cyborg moths could act like living drones in search and rescue
- SAP takes steps to simplify pricing and licensing
- Inexpensive Windows PCs hitting the market with help from Microsoft
- Study disputes predictions of coming spectrum crunch
- IBM turns to local rival for help as China gets tougher for foreign firms
- Security spending gets boost from mobile, social and cloud, says Gartner
- Microsoft engineer: 'Definitely problems' with test process after crippling Windows patch