cisco - News, Features, and Slideshows
cisco in pictures
San Francisco-based startup NodePrime wants to be the proverbial single pane of glass that you use to manage your complicated, heavily virtualized data center, the company announced as it exited stealth today with a $7 million seed funding round in the books.
By Jon Gold | 01 October, 2015 00:42
Security orchestration methods and of course SDN is driving the need for programmable interfaces in security products. The Cisco ASA Firewall added a REST API back in December with the 9.3(2) code release. I've asked Mason Harris, from Cisco, to write up a quick how-to primer on the ASA API capabilities. Thank you Mason for the great information.
By Jamey Heary | 13 May, 2015 07:29
Disaggregation seems to be all the rage in networking these days.
By Jim Duffy | 02 March, 2015 22:12
It was all the way back in the Spring of 2011 that Google released <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebRTC">WebRTC</a>, its nascent real-time, browser-based, HTML5-powered, no-plugin-required video chat project to the public. In the three and a half years since, the Internet Engineering Task Force and the W3C have been working together to try to formalize the standard, prepare the stable 1.0 release, and get it ready for prime time.
By Matt Weinberger | 22 November, 2014 01:07
<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/article/2824446/cisco-subnet/cisco-reorgs-trimming-svp-ranks.html">The engineering reorganization currently underway at Cisco</a> is intended to streamline product development and delivery to customers, Cisco says.
By Jim Duffy | 18 October, 2014 04:40
On the surface, Cisco and Juniper's SDN strategies seem to have sharp contrasts if recent announcements are any indication.
By Jim Duffy | 07 February, 2013 20:15
Whitepapers about cisco
What can malware do in 60 seconds? One minute can change everything for a business. The speed of business is all about being responsive to customers and stakeholders. So what happens when the speed of business is overtaken by the speed of malware? Given the unprecedented growth in the number of security threats that focus on stealing data, sabotaging business continuity and damaging a company’s reputation, what should organizations do to ensure the speed of malware doesn’t disrupt the speed of business? T
Research shows that 94% of CIOs believe that enterprise mobility has become an important part of their enterprise IT strategy. While there are many benefits for business, there are still risks when it comes to security. This whitepaper looks at the steps all organisations to take when it comes to supporting a mobile workforce.
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
This IDG Connect white paper explores the effect of how third platform technologies are affecting workers at all levels of IT. <p> The current expansion of the Third Platform presents a wealth of job opportunities for IT professionals with skills and ambition in mobile computing, social networking, the cloud and big data analytics. Based on interviews of 100 IT decision makers working for organizations in Australia, Canada and the US, this IDG Connect white paper from Randstad explores how third platform technologies are affecting workers at all levels of IT.
- Alibaba sets up second data center in the US in $1B cloud expansion
- New California law requires warrants for access to private communications
- Many vulnerabilities in older Huawei 3G routers won't get patched
- New AWS tools give developers high-powered instances, better container support and more
- Qualcomm enters server CPU market with 24-core ARM chip
- Quick iPhone 6S case review: Ballistic Tungsten Tough
- AWS re:Invent 2015: Amazon aims to make AWS a better home for IoT devices
- Dell's next 'AFTE' software robot will offer cognitive intelligence
- Adidas to 3D print custom insoles in sneakers
- AT&T kicks off Wi-Fi calling years after T-Mobile
- AWS re:Invent 2015: AWS Mobile Hub streamlines app dev
- Microsoft's Surface Book to reignite OEM hostility
- Microsoft links Power BI to Alteryx for deeper analytics
- SHA-1 hashing algorithm could succumb to $75K attack, researchers say
- IBM chases Intel with new Power-based Linux servers sold over the Web