cisco - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Big IT vendors mostly mum on commercial drone plans
- CEBIT: Cisco develops VPN client for PCs, smartphones
cisco in pictures
Word that the Federal Aviation Administration might take a very hard line on commercial drone use has those with designs on such activity nervous. But as for big enterprise IT vendors, it's really hard to tell what they think because they're keeping any plans in this field very hush-hush.
By Bob Brown | 26 November, 2014 01:18
After three years in stealth, an Andreessen Horowitz-backed startup named Bracket Computing launched a new computing system today that aims to make the public cloud more palatable for security-sensitive enterprises.
By Brandon Butler | 23 October, 2014 05:14
EMC has confirmed it will purchase the bulk of Cisco's stake in VCE, the companies' joint venture in converged infrastructure products.
By Chris Kanaracus | 23 October, 2014 00:46
It was all the way back in the Spring of 2011 that Google released WebRTC, its nascent real-time, browser-based, HTML5-powered, no-plugin-required video chat project to the public. In the three and a half years since, the Internet Engineering Task Force and the W3C have been working together to try to formalize the standard, prepare the stable 1.0 release, and get it ready for prime time.
By Matt Weinberger | 22 November, 2014 01:07
The engineering reorganization currently underway at Cisco is intended to streamline product development and delivery to customers, Cisco says.
By Jim Duffy | 18 October, 2014 04:40
On the surface, Cisco and Juniper's SDN strategies seem to have sharp contrasts if recent announcements are any indication.
By Jim Duffy | 07 February, 2013 20:15
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesVIC
Rackspace Hosting, the world’s leading specialist in hosting and cloud computing, wanted to offer its customers an easy way to link dedicated managed servers to cloudbased servers. The company used Application Delivery Networking devices from F5 to help build a hybrid service called RackConnect.
- Uber suspends Nevada operations, affecting nearly 1,000 jobs
- Sony confirms development of e-paper smartwatch
- Sydney Startup Weekend doubles attendance in one year
- ASIC unhappy with exclusion from data retention regime
- Australian Internet Security Initiative portal launched to help ISPs
- How SBS scaled up for FIFA World Cup online
- Hail pounds telecom networks in Queensland
- RMIT University builds virtual networking labs for students
- Weather.com fixes web application vulnerabilities
- Early version of new POS malware family spotted
- Syrian Electronic Army posts hacking message on several news sites
- Fastest LTE speed will be out of reach for most users
- EU net neutrality discussions to continue into the next year
- Over 23,000 Web servers infected with CryptoPHP backdoor
- Panasonic opens smart town targeting zero-emission houses