cloud computing - News, Features, and Slideshows
cloud computing in pictures
An analyst at Morgan Stanley reading the tea leaves of recent financial disclosures from Apple predicts that the company could be transitioning away from using Amazon Web Service’s Cloud, which if true could represent blow to the leading IaaS Cloud vendor.
By Brandon Butler | 02 February, 2016 08:13
The worldwide market for public Cloud systems is projected to hit $US204 billion this year, a 16.5 per cent increase over the $US175 billion market in 2015, according to analyst firm Gartner.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 January, 2016 22:29
SAP customers are slowly migrating to the company's Hana in-memory computing platform, but the German software giant still has its work cut out when it comes to increasing adoption.
By Katherine Noyes | 10 December, 2015 22:14
Cisco Systems is reinventing its collaboration tools from the bottom up, turning the lowly Spark text-messaging app into a cloud-based platform that includes videoconferencing and the core features of an enterprise phone system.
By Stephen Lawson | 08 December, 2015 20:05
Hewlett Packard Enterprise has outlined new details about its hybrid cloud partnership with Microsoft, saying it will provide a new hardware product that integrates with the Azure Cloud platform and build its software to take advantage of Microsoft's offerings.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 01 December, 2015 17:00
If you avoid some gotchas and keep a close eye on resource usage, you can have a handy server in the Amazon cloud for free
By Serdar Yegulalp | 10 April, 2013 10:16
<a href="http://www.prweb.net/Redirect.aspx?id=aHR0cDovL2RjaHEuY28v">DCHQ</a> is a startup building software for enterprises using Docker for application deployment and lifecycle management. Founded by MIT graduate Amjad Afanah, who formerly managed application automation offerings for <a href="http://www.vmwareinc.com/">VMware</a> and cloud management solutions for Oracle, DCHQ is looking to fill a very important space: while every forward-looking IT department on the planet sees containers in general and Docker in particular as the way forward, there is a lack of mature management tools with which to keep everything in check. True there are a number of different products looking to fill space, but there is no dominant player, or group of players, as yet.
By Ben Kepes | 14 August, 2015 04:04
Whitepapers about cloud computing
The cloud is transforming IT organisations with agility and efficiency but it still presents many challenges. Organisations have to strike the right balance between rationalizing their move to the cloud and overcoming barriers. Read on to consider how five challenges may impact your strategy.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- FTClient Services Manager - Programmatic AdvertisingNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
Organisations are struggling with a torrent of data thanks to cloud computing, mobility and the Internet of Things. And conventional backup and recovery methods are failing. This white paper outlines the benefits of a modern approach to disaster recovery.
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- SD-WAN: What it is and why you’ll use it one day
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- SCO vs. IBM legal battle over Linux may – finally – be finished
- Microsoft adds conservative release 'ring' to Windows 10 beta program
- 6 things you should know about Twitter's timeline change
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- Bill filed in Congress would ban encryption backdoors
- Networking company name change madness is upon us
- Browser maker Opera's board urges sale to Chinese collective for $1.2B
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
- LG's G5 smartphone to have 'always on' ability
- Data science achieves the ultimate ROI: A craft beer
- SAP slaps patch on leaky factory software