cloud computing - News, Features, and Slideshows
cloud computing in pictures
10 female leaders from the IT customer and vendor sides (including General Electric and Cisco) will be honored for their contributions to Cloud and convergence technology by the Cloud Network of Women (CloudNOW) later this month.
By Bob Brown | 08 September, 2015 17:40
Westpac Group will increase its annual investment spend by 20 per cent to $1.3 billion with the bulk of it dedicated to technology, digital and simplification projects, the bank announced today.
By Rohan Pearce | 07 September, 2015 12:39
IBM's Internet of Things platform can now work with IoT processors designed by ARM, thanks to a new partnership between the two companies.
By Joab Jackson | 03 September, 2015 22:49
The Australian outsourced data centre market will peak in 2015 as the rate of data centre capacity entering the market slows down and customers migrate their co-location services to the cloud according to a new report.
By Hamish Barwick | 03 September, 2015 09:57
Looking to fuel enterprise adoption of the cloud, Intel is leading a $100m investment in Mirantis, an emerging player in the OpenStack arena.
By Sharon Gaudin | 24 August, 2015 22:58
If you avoid some gotchas and keep a close eye on resource usage, you can have a handy server in the Amazon cloud for free
By Serdar Yegulalp | 10 April, 2013 10:16
<a href="http://www.prweb.net/Redirect.aspx?id=aHR0cDovL2RjaHEuY28v">DCHQ</a> is a startup building software for enterprises using Docker for application deployment and lifecycle management. Founded by MIT graduate Amjad Afanah, who formerly managed application automation offerings for <a href="http://www.vmwareinc.com/">VMware</a> and cloud management solutions for Oracle, DCHQ is looking to fill a very important space: while every forward-looking IT department on the planet sees containers in general and Docker in particular as the way forward, there is a lack of mature management tools with which to keep everything in check. True there are a number of different products looking to fill space, but there is no dominant player, or group of players, as yet.
By Ben Kepes | 14 August, 2015 04:04
<em>This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.</em>
By By Kristina Lengyel, VP, Global Professional Services, Kronos Inc. | 13 June, 2015 06:26
Whitepapers about cloud computing
Increased mobility allows for a greater global distribution of staff, but a global workforce also requires an increasing amount of travel needs and budgeting for this can become increasingly complicated. <p> This whitepaper looks at the key advantages of having an integrated T&E management and ERP system, to eradicate tedious reporting processes and promote business spend clarity - allowing users visibility of travel expenses against their corporate budget, minimising unexpected costs and ensuring the global mobile workforce is well planned.
Research shows that 94% of CIOs believe that enterprise mobility has become an important part of their enterprise IT strategy. While there are many benefits for business, there are still risks when it comes to security. This whitepaper looks at the steps all organisations to take when it comes to supporting a mobile workforce.
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
This infographic provides tips on how you can use business T&E data more efficiently through understanding the job responsibilities of stakeholders who receive data, raising awareness of how the information should be presented and consolidation of all T&E intelligence into one source, aiming to improve and promote business spend clarity.
- Microsoft acknowledges Office 2016-El Capitan crashes but lacks ETA for fix
- Scottrade had no idea about data breach until the feds showed up
- How News Corp is uniting 10 business units and 25,000 employees in a global IT push
- Microsoft slashes value of Office 2016 upgrade offer
- Good-bye, Google as we know it. Hello, Alphabet
- Microsoft gives more weight to gaming plans with physics engine acquisition
- 5G, Arctic gold rush excite global tech forum attendees
- Apple iOS 9 Wi-Fi Assist: Threat, Menace or Neither?
- A viral vigilante may be keeping an eye on your home router
- Adblock for Chrome signs on to Eyeo's acceptable ads whitelist
- Facebook gives Android a kick in the byte code
- Tanda clocks up clock-in milestone
- OtherLevels combines on-shore engineering with offshore sales
- Breach at Experian may have exposed data on 15 million consumers linked to T-Mobile
- Amazon launches managed Elasticsearch service