cloud computing - News, Features, and Slideshows
In today's extremely fast-paced IT economy, there is no time to sit on your hands. This is particularly true of the converged and hyper-converged market. ESG Senior Analyst Colm Keegan and I are seeing tremendous innovation taking place in the space, with an insane amount of money changing hands--between investors pouring silly amounts of money into emerging technologies and IT professionals doubling down in their investments in converged/hyper-converged systems.
By Mark Bowker | 19 March, 2015 06:30
ESG Senior Analyst Colm Keegan and I have been furiously fielding inquires on whether to go converged or hyper-converged. The answer, according to SimpliVity CEO, Doron Kempel, is, well, simple: Why settle for an incremental approach to infrastructure convergence when you can achieve true IT transformation through a fully hyper-converged solution?
By Mark Bowker | 19 March, 2015 06:28
When Patrick Benson joined Ovation Brands back in September 2013, he was given a tall order: modernize an array of legacy IT systems that could no longer keep up with the restaurant-chain conglomerate's business processes.
By Katherine Noyes | 14 March, 2015 01:23
Several new Docker tools are out there: Docker Machine, Docker Swarm, and Docker Compose. They come from Docker Inc. itself, which has has the advantage of being designed by the same folks who developed the Docker container.
By David Linthicum | 03 March, 2015 22:07
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
By By Jerry McLeod, VP of business development, HotLink | 10 February, 2015 07:43
During the past week VMware has been making power play moves in the Cloud computing market to position its offering as the premier enterprise hybrid Cloud computing platform. As it does so, however, analysts question how well the grand plan VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger has put together stacks up with heavyweights of the cloud computing market, most specifically Microsoft and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
By Brandon Butler | 04 February, 2015 06:59
Hosting provider Atlantic.net launched a $0.99 per month cloud server this fall, which is significantly less expensive than the $0.013 per hour starting price for market-leader Amazon Web Services' on-demand Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) virtual machines.
By Brandon Butler | 05 December, 2014 00:18
Gartner IaaS research director, Kyle Hilgendorf, says one of the most common questions he gets from enterprise customers looking to go to the Cloud is: AWS or Azure?
By Brandon Butler | 20 November, 2014 22:05
With a series of Cloud announcements on Monday, Microsoft moved to put a stake in the ground with hybrid Cloud computing and emerge from the shadow of Cloud rivals Google and Amazon.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 October, 2014 12:24
When evaluating the marketplaces of the big three public IaaS cloud providers - Amazon Web Services, Google and Microsoft - AWS stands out in terms of the maturity of its platform for partners to offer products and services on top of its cloud. But Microsoft, too, has a formidable partner program that could rival Amazon's in the future, analysts predict.
By Brandon Butler | 08 October, 2014 21:06
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCFront End Web Developer (Drupal)NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
Communications service providers face an array of complex challenges, from network growth and increasing security threats to technology transitions. In the face of these challenges, CSPs still need to plan for growth. Find out how
- British Airways notifies frequent flyers of possible breach of their accounts
- APIs: From developer tool to business model driver
- India backs open source software for e-governance projects
- Vodafone cuts complaints
- GitHub recovering from massive DDoS attacks
- In Pictures: How 20 (mostly) tech companies' logos have evolved over the years
- In Pictures: Worst data breaches of 2014
- In Pictures: 9 security gadgets for mobile devices
- 'Largest DDoS attack' in GitHub's history targets anticensorship projects
- FCC will vote next month on plan to share valuable 3.5GHz spectrum
- Intel could strengthen its server product stack with Altera
- Kleiner Perkins cleared of sex discrimination against Ellen Pao
- Facebook reveals the logic behind its forced Messenger split
- French self-driving car goes for a spin around Paris monument
- Google to bring imaging, sensor technology to the operating room