cloud computing - News, Features, and Slideshows
An analyst at Morgan Stanley reading the tea leaves of recent financial disclosures from Apple predicts that the company could be transitioning away from using Amazon Web Service’s Cloud, which if true could represent blow to the leading IaaS Cloud vendor.
By Brandon Butler | 02 February, 2016 08:13
The worldwide market for public Cloud systems is projected to hit $US204 billion this year, a 16.5 per cent increase over the $US175 billion market in 2015, according to analyst firm Gartner.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 January, 2016 22:29
SAP customers are slowly migrating to the company's Hana in-memory computing platform, but the German software giant still has its work cut out when it comes to increasing adoption.
By Katherine Noyes | 10 December, 2015 22:14
Cisco Systems is reinventing its collaboration tools from the bottom up, turning the lowly Spark text-messaging app into a cloud-based platform that includes videoconferencing and the core features of an enterprise phone system.
By Stephen Lawson | 08 December, 2015 20:05
Hewlett Packard Enterprise has outlined new details about its hybrid cloud partnership with Microsoft, saying it will provide a new hardware product that integrates with the Azure Cloud platform and build its software to take advantage of Microsoft's offerings.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 01 December, 2015 17:00
Microsoft combines the attack protection, detection and response features built into Windows 10, Office 365, Azure and the Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite to help enterprises improve their operational security posture.
By Lucian Constantin | 17 November, 2015 21:12
Intel has released new processors and free cloud services as part of its latest push to capitalize on the nascent Internet of Things market.
By Agam Shah | 03 November, 2015 22:09
Much of Amazon's sunny earnings report for the third quarter of 2015 can be traced back to its Web Services Cloud division.
By Katherine Noyes | 23 October, 2015 02:37
Dell released a new family of servers on Tuesday for companies that want some of the benefits of hyper-scale data centers without having to do the custom engineering work.
By James Niccolai | 21 October, 2015 01:30
A coming boom in connected sensors and devices will drive mobile networks into distributed computing, the president of Bell Labs says
By Stephen Lawson | 16 October, 2015 02:38
Amazon threw its hat into the business intelligence ring Wednesday with a service called QuickSight, provided through its Amazon Web Services division.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 07 October, 2015 21:19
The creation earlier this year of the Certified Cloud Services List has had an already begun having an impact on government adoption of cloud according to the Australian vendors who have been added to the CCSL.
By Rohan Pearce | 02 October, 2015 10:54
10 female leaders from the IT customer and vendor sides (including General Electric and Cisco) will be honored for their contributions to Cloud and convergence technology by the Cloud Network of Women (CloudNOW) later this month.
By Bob Brown | 08 September, 2015 17:40
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
This whitepaper looks at the security gaps and disconnects in organisations, how network virtualisation can help to reduce risk and support a higher-level security strategy and why micro-segmentation provided through network virtualisation paves the way for implementing a Zero Trust model.
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- FBI Director entreats tech firms to release encrypted data used in crimes and terror
- World's largest solar plant goes live; will provide power for 1.1M people
- Carriers celebrate as Telecommunications Act of 1996 turns 20
- Obama’s new cybersecurity agenda: What you need to know
- Navy calls on researchers to create firefighting humanoid robot
- Law firm searches for plaintiffs for class action suit against Apple over 'Error 53'
- Angular 1.5.0 paves the way for Angular 2
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- Twitter gets an assist in taking on trolls and bullies
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
- VMware gives enterprises a BYOD boost with three new tools