cloud infrastructure - News, Features, and Slideshows
Usually Amazon Web Services, which many consider to be the leader in the infrastructure as a service (IaaS) cloud computing market, is pretty hush-hush about the internal workings of its massive cloud.
By Brandon Butler | 17 May, 2013 14:32
As companies embrace cloud computing, many are finding it advantageous to use external clouds to host non-critical IT services and data while keeping business-critical applications on internal-cloud infrastructure. However, this hybrid approach can create significant management challenges. The clouds must tightly integrate with each other, and legacy systems and data and workflows must be managed across the clouds and systems.
By David Grimes, chief technology officer, NaviSite | 16 November, 2012 18:52
Whitepapers about cloud infrastructure
This whitepaper discusses best practice in data protection monitoring, with a focus on recoverability and visibility as significant drivers for success. Whether backing up a private cloud or several smaller environments, learn how a unified view is necessary for proactively reporting protection, compliance to auditors, and understanding overall data protection health, performance, and reliability.
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTMedia Planner Buyer - Media Trader OpportunitiesNSW
Security is an intrusive mechanism that is often seen to interfere with normal business operations. Nonetheless, security is essential to the normal operation of the business, and the right security mechanisms and approaches can minimize performance degradation.
- Microsoft sets Windows 9 reveal for Sept. 30
- Mail.Ru buys rest of Russia's VKontakte, ending shareholder dispute
- Net neutrality's hollow promise to startups
- Many Android devices vulnerable to session hijacking through the default browser
- Intel teams with Indian firm to launch 'Eddy' tablet for children
- Infor plots move into cloud financials in strike against Workday
- China's Baidu partners with BMW on driverless car research
- The Net: From cyberspace to everyplace
- Is Panasonic's CM1 a camera or a smartphone?
- BlackLine creates APAC vice president role
- Apple Watch under scrutiny for privacy by Connecticut attorney general
- Antique equipment dents IPv6 reliability
- 'Tiny banker' malware targets US financial institutions
- Flash storage hits the right note for APRA AMCOS
- Data loss detection tool mines the ephemeral world of 'pastes'