cloud infrastructure - News, Features, and Slideshows
Usually Amazon Web Services, which many consider to be the leader in the infrastructure as a service (IaaS) cloud computing market, is pretty hush-hush about the internal workings of its massive cloud.
By Brandon Butler | 17 May, 2013 14:32
As companies embrace cloud computing, many are finding it advantageous to use external clouds to host non-critical IT services and data while keeping business-critical applications on internal-cloud infrastructure. However, this hybrid approach can create significant management challenges. The clouds must tightly integrate with each other, and legacy systems and data and workflows must be managed across the clouds and systems.
By David Grimes, chief technology officer, NaviSite | 16 November, 2012 18:52
Whitepapers about cloud infrastructure
This whitepaper discusses best practice in data protection monitoring, with a focus on recoverability and visibility as significant drivers for success. Whether backing up a private cloud or several smaller environments, learn how a unified view is necessary for proactively reporting protection, compliance to auditors, and understanding overall data protection health, performance, and reliability.
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
For the eighteenth consecutive year, Check Point has been positioned in the "Leaders" quadrant in the Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Network Firewalls1. Gartner evaluates each vendor’s Enterprise Network Firewall offerings on a scale of completeness of vision and ability to execute.
- Uber's China business could face more regulatory trouble, following police raid
- Microsoft fleshes out 'Windows as a service' revenue strategy
- US reviews use of cellphone spying technology
- Telco organisation cries foul over journo's 'metadata' victory
- Government, finance organisations top Deloitte privacy index
- HP promises warranty on overclocked desktops popular with gamers
- Hard Rock Hotel and Casino warns of possible payment card hack
- Website privacy policies too long, says privacy commissioner
- Westpac makes $84m from digital sales
- AGL's CFO to lead tech at energy company
- Dave Goldberg, entrepreneur and husband of Facebook's Sandberg, dies
- ACLU: NSA phone dragnet should be killed not amended
- Antivirus test labs call out Chinese security company as cheat
- Microsoft woos developers with SDK for Band fitness tracker
- Telecom trade groups, ISPs ask for delay of US net neutrality rules