cloud outages - News, Features, and Slideshows
Amazon Web Services today announced a new feature that allows users to replicate block storage volumes across regions of the world, which will make it easier for systems to stay up in case of a cloud outage.
By Brandon Butler | 18 December, 2012 18:00
Amazon Web Services makes a big deal out of its availability zones, recommending that customers use multiple AZs to build clouds that are tolerant of failures like the one the company recently experienced.
By Brandon Butler | 01 November, 2012 20:51
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Internet expansion is moving beyond desktops and LANs, but many field service organizations have yet to explore the benefits of the Internet of Everything and expanded mobile connectivity. This whitepaper discusses the four basic usage models born from new data streams and services.
- How Nokia both helped and hindered Microsoft's earnings
- Vodafone upbeat on turnaround despite more customer losses
- Five takeaways from the Apple earnings call
- More mobile gadgets than people? Seven countries - including Australia - now qualify
- Apple "inadvertently admitted" to iOS backdoor: forensics expert
- Juniper jettisons mobile security business
- TOR patch coming
- Microsoft revenue lifted by Cloud sales to businesses
- ARM develops second wave of 64-bit processors
- Apple reports a huge profit but sales disappoint
- Microsoft brings two open source tools to Azure
- Google updates the Maps Explore Nearby feature -- for some users
- Oracle builds on BlueKai acquisition with Data Cloud
- Should EMC sell off its 80 per cent stake in VMware?
- Small cell device tech set to connect workplace Wi-Fi with 3G and LTE