cloud security alliance - News, Features, and Slideshows
Web hosting centers around the world are being compromised by cyber-criminals that use them to launch major attacks against business and government, says Cisco in its annual security report. This threat really gained full steam last year, the company says.
By Ellen Messmer | 16 January, 2014 05:20
Cloud-based services are still often seen as too risky for sensitive information. Take the case at Kingsport, Tenn.-based Eastman Chemical Company, which said "no" to the cloud when designing its new crisis communications system.
By Ellen Messmer | 02 January, 2014 19:12
Microsoft has plugged a vulnerability in Microsoft Office 365 that would have let attackers grab user identities and steal email and documents, according to Adallom, the security vendor that says it discovered the problem.
By Ellen Messmer | 10 December, 2013 23:18
The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) is putting forward an innovative encryption-based security architecture for software-defined networks and cloud environments that draws some of its inspiration from high-security networks used by the U.S. Department of Defense and intelligence agencies.
By Ellen Messmer | 06 December, 2013 15:28
The problem with IT security professionals is they spend too much time stopping business people from trying new things, including cloud services, out of worries about risk when they should really be working directly with business managers to help them innovate by means of security.
By Ellen Messmer | 05 December, 2013 22:18
The leaking of classified documents detailing the data collection activities of the U.S. National Security Agency earlier this year reignited some long-standing concerns about the vulnerability of enterprise data stored in the cloud.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 01 January, 2014 00:58
Edward Snowden's revelations about the U.S. government's data collection program could cause U.S. providers of cloud-based services to lose 10% to 20% of the foreign market to overseas rivals.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 26 August, 2013 10:10
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- The Google shakeup continues: Andy Rubin is out
- Google project aims to preserve privacy when collecting software stats
- Major banks ready their own mobile payment apps
- Android creator Andy Rubin leaving Google
- Data retention is necessary red tape: Turnbull
- Zuckerberg to connect with regular folk in first 'community Q&A'
- In Pictures: 12 shocking social media horror stories
- In Pictures: 10 cool new features found in iOS 8.1
- RCA gives unexpected boost to tablet market in Q3
- Apple surrenders top tablet satisfaction spot to Amazon
- Petition targets Apple over ‘spyware' in OS X Yosemite
- IBM drills into the energy industry for cognitive computing advances
- Vulnerabilities found in more command-line tools, wget and tnftp get patches
- Republican gains in Congress would have limited impact on big tech issues
- One code to rule them all: Dronecode