cloud security alliance - News, Features, and Slideshows
Cloud computing has become ubiquitous for many companies but keeping it secure can be a challenge. Cloud Security Alliance Asia Pacific executive council chairman Ken Low shared the alliance’s top nine threats to the cloud at a Trend Micro event in Sydney.
By Hamish Barwick | 19 May, 2015 15:34
Web hosting centers around the world are being compromised by cyber-criminals that use them to launch major attacks against business and government, says Cisco in its annual security report. This threat really gained full steam last year, the company says.
By Ellen Messmer | 16 January, 2014 05:20
Cloud-based services are still often seen as too risky for sensitive information. Take the case at Kingsport, Tenn.-based Eastman Chemical Company, which said "no" to the cloud when designing its new crisis communications system.
By Ellen Messmer | 02 January, 2014 19:12
Microsoft has plugged a vulnerability in Microsoft Office 365 that would have let attackers grab user identities and steal email and documents, according to Adallom, the security vendor that says it discovered the problem.
By Ellen Messmer | 10 December, 2013 23:18
The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) is putting forward an innovative encryption-based security architecture for software-defined networks and cloud environments that draws some of its inspiration from high-security networks used by the U.S. Department of Defense and intelligence agencies.
By Ellen Messmer | 06 December, 2013 15:28
The leaking of classified documents detailing the data collection activities of the U.S. National Security Agency earlier this year reignited some long-standing concerns about the vulnerability of enterprise data stored in the cloud.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 01 January, 2014 00:58
Edward Snowden's revelations about the U.S. government's data collection program could cause U.S. providers of cloud-based services to lose 10% to 20% of the foreign market to overseas rivals.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 26 August, 2013 10:10
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
Organisations are struggling with a torrent of data thanks to cloud computing, mobility and the Internet of Things. And conventional backup and recovery methods are failing. This white paper outlines the benefits of a modern approach to disaster recovery.
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs
- UN panel backs WikiLeaks' Julian Assange, but he may not go free
- The Neutrino exploit kit has a new way to detect security researchers
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- What businesses need to know about Privacy Shield
- Box makes it easier for businesses to control encryption of cloud data