collaboration - News, Features, and Slideshows
collaboration in pictures
Slack, the startup that bills itself as IRC for the enterprise, has been on something of a winning streak lately.
By Matt Weinberger | 15 January, 2015 12:16
Cisco will package and deliver enterprise collaboration capabilities via a mobile and Web app built to replicate the ease of use of consumer software but designed for ad hoc, workplace team interaction.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 18 November, 2014 07:39
Well, that took longer than expected. Although Microsoft began bundling Yammer with Office 365 shortly after acquiring the enterprise social networking (ESN) startup in mid-2012, users so far have had to log in separately to both suites, an inconvenience that will soon end.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 14 November, 2014 08:00
It was all the way back in the Spring of 2011 that Google released WebRTC, its nascent real-time, browser-based, HTML5-powered, no-plugin-required video chat project to the public. In the three and a half years since, the Internet Engineering Task Force and the W3C have been working together to try to formalize the standard, prepare the stable 1.0 release, and get it ready for prime time.
By Matt Weinberger | 22 November, 2014 01:07
In early October, Evernote CEO Phil Libin debuted new features designed to make the immensely popular note-taking software friendlier to the enterprise: Work Chat, Context and presentation mode.
By Matt Weinberger | 19 November, 2014 04:00
When Google Apps arrived in 2006, it stood on the cutting edge of Web-hosted email and collaboration suites for businesses, a bold pioneer clearing a path in the new, wild frontier of enterprise Cloud computing.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 01 November, 2013 12:01
The cloud storage service is an intuitive collaboration tool and has IT-friendly features. However, it's in a crowded, competitive market that includes Microsoft.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 27 May, 2013 19:02
Whitepapers about collaboration
Today’s customer experience management (CEM) programs require the involvement and collaboration of all key stakeholders within the enterprise. Aberdeen Group believes that two of these stakeholders are the CIO and CMO, and they must be aligned to drive superior customer and corporate value.
This case study explains the goals and achievements behind Vision Australia’s adoption of virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and provides advice for similar workplace strategies •Adopting VDI has improved employee productivity and also saved costs in avoiding a capital outlay in refreshing end-user devices •VDI implementation means that employees can now BYOD, while the IT department can retain control •Implementation has seen improved performance in all objectives, the most obvious being in cost management and productivity.
- Ghost Linux vulnerability can be exploited through WordPress, other PHP apps
- BT to test 500Mbps broadband over copper in two towns
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, January 30
- Military-funded robots can learn by watching YouTube
- Turn your whistling into song with the tap of an app
- PayPal’s BattleHack comes to Australia for a second time
- VPN providers play 'cat-and-mouse' with China's growing censorship
- Data retention inquiry kept in the dark on costs
- A look at real-time brain-to-exoskeleton information transmission
- Facebook tests delivering tips about your location
- How three small credit card transactions could reveal your identity
- Data retention to involve 'petabytes of data' for Vodafone
- Citrix's 900 job cuts seen as 'defensive' move
- Amazon returns to profit as holiday sales soar