competition - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has indicated its not yet sold on proposals in the Harper review of competition policy that would see the ACCC stripped of some functions, including telecommunications access and pricing oversight.
By Rohan Pearce | 31 March, 2015 16:24
Directors on the iiNet board defended the ISP’s proposed acquisition by TPG in conference calls today with investors and media.
By Adam Bender | 23 March, 2015 14:25
Telstra's competitors continue to latch onto the arrival of Netflix in Australia, with Optus announcing six free months of the service included with some of its mobile and broadband plans.
By Adam Bender | 11 March, 2015 09:46
A former chairperson of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has supported spinning off the agency’s telecom regulatory role to a specialist entity.
By Adam Bender | 05 November, 2014 15:34
Whitepapers about competition
Gamification is used to motivate employees, create healthy competition among teams, generate buzz or social proof, and encourage customer loyalty, among other benefits. This whitepaper lists the top 25 examples of gamification to help spark creativity, collaboration and efficiency.
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Mobile computing is no longer a “fad”—recent ESG research data shows that 87% of enterprise organisations say mobile computing is either “critical” or “very important” for supporting business processes and employee productivity. In fact, ESG research indicates that 42% of enterprises are actively developing a significant number of mobile applications themselves. Report the full report today.
- At Google I/O, no huge surprises but a honing of critical products
- The NSA reportedly tried -- but failed -- to use a Stuxnet variant against North Korea
- Google to Cardboard developers: Keep it short and simple, and watch out for nausea
- Italy's architectural elite moves to rub out crowdsourcing design site
- Apple's tech support thrashes competition, whether in-store or over the phone
- New iOS tools help Android developers -- and Google
- Ericcson touts 5G mobile speeds
- Silk Road mastermind Ulbricht sentenced
- Google I/O 2015 in photos
- Intel works to end "lost" data center devices
- Microsoft throws open the doors for Cloud Foundry on Azure
- Don't blame free Windows 10 for PC business ills
- Google and Levi's team up on smart clothes
- Google bets that smart fabrics, gesture interfaces will replace fiddling on a tiny wearable touchscreen
- New NSA phone dragnet proposals blasted as flawed