compliance - News, Features, and Slideshows
compliance in pictures
Dennis Technology Labs, the London-based organisation which runs tests to evaluate anti-virus software, yesterday released its latest test results on products for three distinct product segments--enterprise, home and small-to-mid-sized business (SMB). Its tests are not sponsored by vendors, the lab says.
By Ellen Mesmmer | 12 July, 2013 21:22
A CIO once quipped, "Security isn't hard, compliance is." And in fact many companies focus their security efforts on meeting compliance requirements. But if you are audit compliant, have you in fact addressed all of your risks, or are you just kidding yourself? Is it better to focus on the risks presuming that doing so will cover you off on the compliance side? Network World Editor in Chief put the question to two practitioners, both of whom come down on the side of risk.
By Christian Anschuetz and Dan Abdul | 22 April, 2013 10:56
In 1995, when I was a university student in Helsinki, I developed a security protocol to protect data-in-transit as it moved throughout our network. I named it the "secure shell," or SSH for short. Today, SSH is used by organizations of all types and sizes as a secure method to move data from machine to machine and provide remote administrator access. From the perspective of an attacker or malicious insider, SSH is an artery that carries vital organizational data.
By Tatu Ylönen, CEO and founder of SSH Communications Security | 01 March, 2013 22:12
Startup Convercent officially debuted today with a software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering that lets employers make available to employees in electronic form, via computer or mobile device, the workplace ethics and compliance terms the business supports.
By Ellen Messmer | 29 January, 2013 17:02
Whitepapers about compliance
Organisations are readily launching BYOD programs to boost employee productivity and reduce costs. But this all comes at a risk and you maintain your vigilance in sustaining compliance with data security and privacy regulations. This whitepaper looks at several best practices are key for maintaining regulatory compliance with any BYOD program.
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
This whitepaper looks at the dramatic shift in the relationship between technology and business and the challenges organisations are facing with expanding investments in mobility, social media, and Big Data/analytics — and, most significantly, a transformation to cloud-based delivery.
- Researchers improve de-anonymization attacks for websites hiding on Tor
- Business as usual for enterprise migrations to Windows 10
- Facebook aims to launch unmanned drone by year-end
- Android for Work gains mobile-carrier support
- Windows 10's launch was a bit bumpy, but people seem to like it
- Google rejects French request to expand right to be forgotten
- Focus turns to mobile Windows 10 and Lumia flagships
- Critical BIND denial-of-service flaw could disrupt large portions of the Internet
- Opponents focus on defeating CISA cyberthreat info sharing bill
- Is the smartphone market saturated?
- Using Watson, IBM and CVS aim to predict when your health is about to decline
- Endpoint security firm SentinelOne challenges traditional anti-virus software
- DataTorrent tackles complexity of Hadoop data ingestion
- Java 9 plays catch-up, adds REPL for faster feedback
- Open-source startup hopes to change the way businesses visualize data