compliance - News, Features, and Slideshows
compliance in pictures
Dennis Technology Labs, the London-based organisation which runs tests to evaluate anti-virus software, yesterday released its latest test results on products for three distinct product segments--enterprise, home and small-to-mid-sized business (SMB). Its tests are not sponsored by vendors, the lab says.
By Ellen Mesmmer | 12 July, 2013 21:22
A CIO once quipped, "Security isn't hard, compliance is." And in fact many companies focus their security efforts on meeting compliance requirements. But if you are audit compliant, have you in fact addressed all of your risks, or are you just kidding yourself? Is it better to focus on the risks presuming that doing so will cover you off on the compliance side? Network World Editor in Chief put the question to two practitioners, both of whom come down on the side of risk.
By Christian Anschuetz and Dan Abdul | 22 April, 2013 10:56
In 1995, when I was a university student in Helsinki, I developed a security protocol to protect data-in-transit as it moved throughout our network. I named it the "secure shell," or SSH for short. Today, SSH is used by organizations of all types and sizes as a secure method to move data from machine to machine and provide remote administrator access. From the perspective of an attacker or malicious insider, SSH is an artery that carries vital organizational data.
By Tatu Ylönen, CEO and founder of SSH Communications Security | 01 March, 2013 22:12
Startup Convercent officially debuted today with a software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering that lets employers make available to employees in electronic form, via computer or mobile device, the workplace ethics and compliance terms the business supports.
By Ellen Messmer | 29 January, 2013 17:02
Whitepapers about compliance
Organisations are readily launching BYOD programs to boost employee productivity and reduce costs. But this all comes at a risk and you maintain your vigilance in sustaining compliance with data security and privacy regulations. This whitepaper looks at several best practices are key for maintaining regulatory compliance with any BYOD program.
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
This infographic looks at the current backup and recovery practices of IT managers and CIOs as well as their predictions and plans to protect their valuable information for the future. Find out: How much and where data in organisations is growing the fastest, the top 5 back up challenges organisations are facing and what the road ahead holds for backup and recovery strategies.
- Bruised by past mistakes, tech firms brace for 'leap second'
- City of Launceston swaps paper for tablets
- CenITex to live on in Victoria
- OPM hit by class-action suit over breach of federal employee data
- Which songs stumped Shakira? Shazam will now show you
- SA government looks for ICT innovation
- A fifth of SMBs not conducting information security audits
- FTC settles with developers of sneaky cryptocurrency mining app
- US personnel agency takes system offline after hack
- Westpac invests in bitcoin startup
- Microsoft hands some of the reins for its display ad business to AOL
- ME completes $90m technology rebuild
- Microsoft adds midrange Surface Pro 3 with i7 chip, 128GB storage
- Microsoft's new Windows 10 build brings browser improvements, UI polish and more
- Infrastructure remains big barrier for big data