Configuration / maintenance - News, Features, and Slideshows
Cisco has expanded its data center arrangement with Microsoft with a multiyear sales and go-to-market effort for integrated products. The deal builds upon one agreed to 15 months ago, when the two companies combined cloud offerings under their respective Cisco Unified Data Center and Microsoft Fast Track 3.0 architectures.
By Jim Duffy | 19 July, 2014 06:15
A group of MIT researchers say they've invented a new technology that should all but eliminate queue length in data center networking.
By Jon Gold | 18 July, 2014 05:59
Pennsylvania has signed a seven-year deal with Unisys to consolidate the state's data centers and create an on-demand, cloud computing environment
By Patrick Thibodeau | 17 July, 2014 04:25
An older supercomputer from the Los Alamos National Laboratory has been cannibalized and rebuilt into a new one, thanks to a team from Carnegie Mellon University.
By Jon Gold | 16 July, 2014 05:21
Microsoft just appointed its Cloud guy to be the company's next CEO. Satya Nadella has impressively grown Microsoft into being one of the relevant members of the cloud computing industry, but industry watchers say there is a lot more the company must do to grow into one of the dominant companies in the market.
By Brandon Butler | 04 February, 2014 20:27
Between complex licenses and the cloud, Microsoft, Oracle, and SAP have lots of ways to hike up prices. Here's how to fight back
By Robert L. Scheier | 13 January, 2014 11:07
In the past, we used to separate out categories for cell phones, tablets and computers. In theory, we still could create separate guides just for those products - there are so many options to choose from and not a week goes by where another phone, tablet or computer hits the market.
By Keith Shaw | 18 November, 2013 12:28
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Security is an intrusive mechanism that is often seen to interfere with normal business operations. Nonetheless, security is essential to the normal operation of the business, and the right security mechanisms and approaches can minimize performance degradation.
- Australians support biometrics at airports
- Goodwill Industries investigates suspected payment card breach
- Black Hat presentation on TOR suddenly cancelled
- Report: Apple's new iPhone 6 could have biggest initial production
- Stealthy Web tracking tools pose increasing privacy risks to users
- NSW revamps open data repository
- UPDATED: 4G in Australia: The state of the nation
- AirMagnet Wi-Fi security tool takes aim at drones
- Payment upstart Stripe sets up shop in Australia
- NBN Co launches stop-gap satellite service
- Telstra unveils locations getting early access to 700MHz 4G network
- Yahoo buys Flurry to make more money from mobile apps
- In Pictures: 5 smartphones running alternative versions of Android
- Google may bring Wi-Fi to New York City pay phones
- Canva reveals GoDaddy partnership, new funding