Configuration / maintenance - News, Features, and Slideshows
The U.S. State Department's main computer system for processing passport and visa applications crashed earlier this week leading to global delays for travel documents.
By Martyn Williams | 25 July, 2014 06:27
Breaking up is hard to do, but could a split be in store soon for EMC and VMware?
By Brandon Butler | 23 July, 2014 05:16
Microsoft just appointed its Cloud guy to be the company's next CEO. Satya Nadella has impressively grown Microsoft into being one of the relevant members of the cloud computing industry, but industry watchers say there is a lot more the company must do to grow into one of the dominant companies in the market.
By Brandon Butler | 04 February, 2014 20:27
Between complex licenses and the cloud, Microsoft, Oracle, and SAP have lots of ways to hike up prices. Here's how to fight back
By Robert L. Scheier | 13 January, 2014 11:07
In the past, we used to separate out categories for cell phones, tablets and computers. In theory, we still could create separate guides just for those products - there are so many options to choose from and not a week goes by where another phone, tablet or computer hits the market.
By Keith Shaw | 18 November, 2013 12:28
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud. From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity. Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps.
- Samsung builds custom Galaxy Tab 4 Nook tablet with Barnes & Noble
- Linux Foundation to offer new certification for IT workers
- Tablets with voice calling functions take off in Asia
- Start-up offers up endpoint detection and response for behavior-based malware detection
- Samsung to lure buyers for its smart TVs with new games, Skype group calls
- Apple preps final non-security Mavericks update
- As Ebola death toll rises, scientists work on nanotech cure
- Twitter to remove images of deceased upon request
- Government paying 'outrageous' sums to Telstra for NBN: Vodafone CEO
- Vodafone IP core upgrade to bring voice to 4G
- ATO sets out treatment of Bitcoin
- Fair and Safe Work Qld invites offers for mobile app development
- China paving the way for big Xbox One sales
- 'Reveton' ransomware upgraded with powerful password stealer
- YouTube music might be a win for other Google services