Configuration / maintenance - News, Features, and Slideshows
Dell this week extended its arsenal of data center Ethernet switches, highlighted by a 100G device with ports dividable into 25G and 50G channels.
By Jim Duffy | 24 April, 2015 02:42
All of Apple's U.S. facilities -- and 87% of its operations worldwide -- are now powered by renewable energy, according to an annual report released this week.
By Lucas Mearian | 23 April, 2015 07:25
This past fall saw the worst Ebola outbreak ever ravage western Africa, and while medical researchers are trying to find a drug to treat or prevent the disease, the process is long and complicated. That's because you don't just snap your fingers and produce a drug with a virus like Ebola.
By Andy Patrizio | 11 March, 2015 07:24
Disaggregation seems to be all the rage in networking these days.
By Jim Duffy | 02 March, 2015 22:12
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
By By Ferhat Hatay, Fujitsu Oracle Center of Excellence | 10 February, 2015 06:57
By now everyone is aware of the performance leap offered by solid-state drives (SSDs) compared to hard disk drives (HDDs), but some SSD myths persist. It's time to separate fact from fiction.
By By Chuck Brown, SSD business development manager, Intel | 23 January, 2015 09:25
IT infrastructure is constantly riding the often-tumultuous waves of consolidation and separation. A typical example would be the eras of mainframe, open systems, and PC computing. No surprise there. For the past three to five years, server virtualization has been a catalyst for data center consolidation, (even though for the most part, IT has mapped server virtualization initiatives to existing IT infrastructure choices, or dare I say legacy infrastructure).
By Mark Bowker | 13 January, 2015 03:55
Online meetings are ideal for collaboration both within the business and with customers, but too often technology solutions get in the way, creating delays or even missed meetings that can jeopardise opportunities and revenue. This whitepaper looks at: why cloud-based meeting expectations of higher customer satisfaction are not being met, the top 5 user issues reported by sales teams in cloud based meeting applications and how businesses can have assurance that they’ve chosen an enterprise grade communication tools.
The increasing sophistication, frequency, and diversity of today’s network attacks are overwhelming conventional stateful security devices at the edge of the data center. A new data center architecture based on application delivery firewall solutions will effectively combat modern attacks while providing significant CapEx savings.
- Adblock browsers for Android and iOS to keep mobile ads, tracking at bay
- Torque G02 smartphone doesn't mind a saltwater dunk
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, May 22
- Factory reset in Android phones leaves sensitive user data behind
- Secom security drone follows, photographs intruders
- Alibaba's UC Browser found leaking users' data
- Freelance hacking site vows to clean up dodgy listings
- Bigcommerce, PayPal team up for payments
- Leaked database of Adult Friend Finder still online
- Spectrum review proposes greater role for market
- ICANN chief to leave office early, may miss key transition
- Square opens Melbourne office
- Google to change Maps search system after offensive White House results
- US Senate leader to push for vote to renew NSA phone dragnet
- HP's profit slips 21 per cent as services business stumbles