Configuration / maintenance - News, Features, and Slideshows
Stealth startup Snowflake is clandestine no longer, throwing off the wraps Tuesday morning with the announcement of a $26 million series B funding round and the rollout of a flagship product, which it's calling the "elastic data warehouse."
By Jon Gold | 22 October, 2014 03:10
The IT industry has long abused words, and will label almost any new product as innovative and disruptive. Data center developers, especially those who write the headlines about data centers, are particularly bad.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 17 October, 2014 21:43
A startup called Antumbra run by 5 college students is looking to throw a little soothing light on this situation: People who hunker down in front of their computers until the wee hours, until it feels like their eyes might fall out.
By Bob Brown | 10 October, 2014 00:21
ORLANDO -- Striding onstage with an air of confidence and purpose, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella scored high marks on both the style and substance of his keynote appearance today at the Garner ITExpo at the Walt Disney World Dolphin.
By Neal Weinberg | 08 October, 2014 05:10
A coalition of equipment providers have joined to develop a new specification for controlling servers over the network, promising to eliminate data center vendor lock-in.
By Joab Jackson | 07 October, 2014 05:07
The engineering reorganization currently underway at Cisco is intended to streamline product development and delivery to customers, Cisco says.
By Jim Duffy | 18 October, 2014 04:40
Microsoft just appointed its Cloud guy to be the company's next CEO. Satya Nadella has impressively grown Microsoft into being one of the relevant members of the cloud computing industry, but industry watchers say there is a lot more the company must do to grow into one of the dominant companies in the market.
By Brandon Butler | 04 February, 2014 20:27
Between complex licenses and the cloud, Microsoft, Oracle, and SAP have lots of ways to hike up prices. Here's how to fight back
By Robert L. Scheier | 13 January, 2014 11:07
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
Many organisations believe they can transform their IT operations by simply buying a new management tool. However, this is just the start. This whitepaper discusses the dynamics of a complete transformation: • Learn why IT management tools should be more than "plug & play" • The 5-step plan to implementing ITSM for the best results long-term • Understand why your approach should be more about the data and less about the tool itself
- Google to kill off SSL 3.0 in Chrome 40
- BlackBerry upgrades BBM with timed messages
- NASA puts finishing touches on its first Mars-bound spacecraft
- Facebook sets up shop on the Tor anonymity network
- Sharp smartband LCD uses 1,000 times less power
- HP's move into 3D printing will radically change manufacturing
- Hungary ditches Internet tax plans after protests
- Sony's new mobile chief has hands full as handsets struggle
- IBM joins Tencent to target China's growing enterprise cloud market
- Samsung attacks Chinese rivals with new mid-range Galaxy phones
- FCC's Wheeler said to mull hybrid approach to net neutrality
- Some Aussie businesses using DevOps to improve customer engagement and reduce IT spend: report
- The Google shakeup continues: Andy Rubin is out
- Google project aims to preserve privacy when collecting software stats
- Major banks ready their own mobile payment apps