consumer electronics - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Broadcom to cut 1,150 jobs in restructuring
- Report: Apple's new iPhone 6 could have biggest initial production
- Microsoft reveals bankruptcy of devices strategy by dumping Nokia feature phones
- New BlackBerry COO is ex-Sybase exec Marty Beard
consumer electronics in pictures
Businesses wanting the security of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 without the complexity of managing it onsite can now buy it as a hosted service from six BlackBerry partners.
By Peter Sayer | 24 July, 2014 00:25
It can be tough getting the attention of airport gate staff. Soon they might have an additional distraction: smartwatches.
By Tim Hornyak | 23 July, 2014 23:49
In my lifetime, music has been delivered on vinyl, cassettes, eight-track tapes, CDs, and audio DVDs. How do I listen to it now? Usually with a PC or a smartphone, and occasionally with an MP3 or other media player. I downloaded much of that music or ripped it from CDs, but the rest of it came from LPs and cassettes.
By Jon L. Jacobi | 03 March, 2011 01:59
You soon-to-be Verizon iPhone 4 customers can learn from the experiences of others. Take it from iPhone old-timers, you're about to enter a magical world of awesome apps running on the most simplistic, addictive device on the planet.
By Tom Kaneshige | 09 February, 2011 07:33
When users had unlimited data there was no reason to be concerned with how or where that data was being consumed. Since AT&T dropped unlimited data in favor of tiered data caps, though, users have struggled to understand data usage, and now AT&T is faced with a law suit accusing it of systematically overcharging customers.
By Tony Bradley | 09 February, 2011 08:26
Microsoft decision to ax the feature phone business it got when it bought Nokia's handset business for $7.2 billion shows the investment 'went for naught.'
By Gregg Keizer | 22 July, 2014 06:16
Samsung depends on Google's Android OS, but needs to find a way to differentiate itself from rivals who also use Android if it's to grow and thrive.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 July, 2014 03:23
The Internet of Things is producing a lot of interesting consumer products that have the potential to lead to important enterprise tools. Here is a basic overview of the concept, together with examples of available products and what they offer.
By Robert L. Mitchell | 30 June, 2014 20:37
After focusing on Android during much of today's lengthy keynote, Google officials turned their attention to the enterprise.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 June, 2014 10:11
Google will provide enterprise-focused security and management features to its entire Android showcase of mobile devices, including features reserved only for Samsung devices running Samsung security software called Knox, a Google executive announced during the Google I/O keynote address Wednesday.
By Matt Hamblen | 26 June, 2014 06:59
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
CEOs frequently face difficult decisions, but choosing a unified communications (UC) system that is simple to deploy, manage and use should not be one of them. This whitepaper details the benefits of a UC service for end-users, business decision makers and IT.
- Microsoft again writes off Surface inventory, renews profitability doubts
- Arrests made after international cyber-ring targets StubHub
- Sprint to resell Google Apps for Business cloud service
- What to expect in Facebook's earnings call today
- Google tried to buy music giant Spotify
- Pebble: Next-gen wearables will require new tech, also your personal data
- Low-cost Android tablets to get 4K video with Allwinner 64-bit chip
- Apple unwraps OS X Yosemite public beta Thursday
- Seagate wireless drive can now stream to Roku set-top box
- Is Sony's Walkman set to make a comeback?
- UK government adopts ODF for document exchange with citizens and suppliers
- Dutch spy agencies can receive NSA data, court rules
- Oracle ships nearly 60 mobile apps for JD Edwards
- BlackBerry offers BES10 as a hosted service through partners
- Mozilla ships Firefox 31, adds search to new tab page