consumer electronics - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Samsung plots Galaxy S6 price cut, new phones to help business
- HTC to reveal Vive final design and controller details in October
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, July 31
- Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps
consumer electronics in pictures
The next edition of Google Glass will target enterprises and feature an attachable design, a news report suggests, shedding new light on rumors that have been circulating over the past several months.
By Katherine Noyes | 01 August, 2015 02:32
Facebook drone set to fly this year...Windows 10 hit on browser choice...Hacker breaks into GM car using OnStar...and more tech news.
By IDG News Service staff | 31 July, 2015 21:24
Smartphone sales increased substantially in the second quarter of 2015, but the rate of growth continued to slow, fueling concerns that the market has started to become saturated, according to a study released today by Juniper Research.
By Jon Gold | 31 July, 2015 03:01
Obama wants to boost U.S. supercomputing power...OPM, Anthem hackers also hit United Airlines...Oracle preps 'Sonoma' chip for low-priced Sparc servers...and more tech news.
By IDG News Service staff | 30 July, 2015 21:57
In my lifetime, music has been delivered on vinyl, cassettes, eight-track tapes, CDs, and audio DVDs. How do I listen to it now? Usually with a PC or a smartphone, and occasionally with an MP3 or other media player. I downloaded much of that music or ripped it from CDs, but the rest of it came from LPs and cassettes.
By Jon L. Jacobi | 03 March, 2011 01:59
You soon-to-be Verizon iPhone 4 customers can learn from the experiences of others. Take it from iPhone old-timers, you're about to enter a magical world of awesome apps running on the most simplistic, addictive device on the planet.
By Tom Kaneshige | 09 February, 2011 07:33
When users had unlimited data there was no reason to be concerned with how or where that data was being consumed. Since AT&T dropped unlimited data in favor of tiered data caps, though, users have struggled to understand data usage, and now AT&T is faced with a law suit accusing it of systematically overcharging customers.
By Tony Bradley | 09 February, 2011 08:26
In a revival tent-like speech, Microsoft's chief operations officer, Kevin Turner, urged the company's partners to forget the past - an allusion to the failure of its smartphone business to gain meaningful share - but defended the decision to keep making handsets.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 July, 2015 06:11
This week, you can almost hear the production lines spinning into action in China, churning out iPhone-related rumors and titillation. Here's the past few days' worth of intrigue about Apple's next-generation device.
By Jon Gold | 14 July, 2015 00:28
Microsoft will continue to manufacture smartphones for its Windows 10 Mobile operating system, but the company has thrown in the towel on the devices strategy pursued by its former CEO and will probably give up entirely unless Windows 10 reverses years of missteps in mobile, analysts said.
By Gregg Keizer | 11 July, 2015 01:20
Despite rumors that Microsoft is about to kill Windows Phone, some industry observers say that's unlikely for several reasons, especially the expected gains from the rollout of Windows 10, which will run on smartphones and other devices.
By Matt Hamblen | 01 July, 2015 05:57
Apple is cooking up such an iPhone upgrade path, with a wave of rumors warning the next iteration will be faster, thinner, and possibly even curvier than before.
By Jonny Evans | 23 June, 2015 22:28
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
This infographic looks at how to organisations are overcoming the challenges associated with hybrid computing and summarizes the results found in the research paper “Optimized Sourcing in Hybrid Environments.”
- Lawmakers propose new visa for foreign tech entrepreneurs
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
- Microsoft scores with free Windows 10 upgrade as downloads tally 10x Windows 8's first-day sales
- It's SysAdmin Day: Let us celebrate with coffee
- ISP argues net neutrality rules violate its right to block content
- Former Hacking Team developer reportedly in contact with a terrorist group
- Italian police shutter Dark Web marketplace
- Black Hat 2015: Cracking just about anything
- Android Studio focuses on C++ editing
- New Google Glass for businesses will reportedly attach to other eyewear
- Ad group urges FTC to reject right to be forgotten in US