copyright - News, Features, and Slideshows
copyright in pictures
Google Books, the project to digitize the world's printed works, is fair use under US copyright law, a federal appeals court ruled Friday.
By Peter Sayer | 16 October, 2015 20:17
Australian Greens spokesperson for Trade, Senator Peter Whish-Wilson, has written to Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull expressing concerns about the Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement (TPP) and its potential changes to intellectual property laws.
By Hamish Barwick | 07 October, 2015 15:23
Cybercrime laws lag behind the crimes themselves, leaving lawyers faced with creative use of criminal laws that were written before the Internet even existed.
By Tim Greene | 24 August, 2015 23:06
Oracle has expanded the scope of its ongoing copyright battle against Android and accused Google of "destroying" the market for Java.
By Katherine Noyes | 14 August, 2015 03:11
Amid complaints that the e-commerce company does little to fight fake goods, China's Alibaba Group is giving foreign vendors a direct line to report any counterfeit products spotted on its retail sites.
By Michael Kan | 07 August, 2015 21:46
After almost a decade of litigation, Google scored a victory last week over the Authors Guild, which had sued the company for copyright infringement over its Google Books search engine. But a few important chapters in the legal saga have yet to be written.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 19 November, 2013 00:07
We are standing in a parking lot in the city of Malmö, southern Sweden, one of the many places Peter Sunde now calls home. The sky above us is grey, as usual at this time of year. Just as the parking meter spits out our ticket, a young man driving much too fast on a motorcycle roars up behind us. He is followed by a police car, sirens blaring and blue lights flashing.
By Daniel Goldberg and Linus Larsson | 19 February, 2013 05:02
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
By Grant Gross | 07 November, 2012 19:06
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
Organisations are struggling with a torrent of data thanks to cloud computing, mobility and the Internet of Things. And conventional backup and recovery methods are failing. This white paper outlines the benefits of a modern approach to disaster recovery.
- Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Navy tests first ‘reversible’ clean energy fuel cell storage system
- It's official: Older versions of IE are now at risk
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
- Project Kratos: AWS Lambda functionality, without Amazon lock-in
- Microsoft expands Windows 10 release notes, but experts want more, much more
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- What's next for IBM’s enterprise social business
- Schneier: terrorists will switch to more secure alternatives to avoid encryption backdoors
- Indegy finds out when industrial controls go bad (think Stuxnet)
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
- House bill would prevent patchwork of state laws banning smartphone encryption
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle