copyright - News, Features, and Slideshows
copyright in pictures
European libraries may digitize books and make them available at electronic reading points without first gaining consent of the copyright holder, the highest European Union court ruled Thursday.
By Loek Essers | 11 September, 2014 20:19
Who would pay for a regime that targets customers of Internet service providers accused of breaching copyright is still a point of contention between rights holders and ISPs, judging from a public forum hosted in Sydney last night by Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull.
By Rohan Pearce | 10 September, 2014 13:30
If the government introduces a system that allows rights holders to force ISPs to block access to piracy websites, more ASIC-style debacles are likely to occur, Google has warned.
By Rohan Pearce | 09 September, 2014 12:57
Following a lawsuit from Getty Images, Microsoft has temporarily removed the beta of the Bing Image Widget, which lets publishers embed collages and slideshows of images from search results on their Web sites.
By John Ribeiro | 08 September, 2014 16:57
After almost a decade of litigation, Google scored a victory last week over the Authors Guild, which had sued the company for copyright infringement over its Google Books search engine. But a few important chapters in the legal saga have yet to be written.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 19 November, 2013 00:07
We are standing in a parking lot in the city of Malmö, southern Sweden, one of the many places Peter Sunde now calls home. The sky above us is grey, as usual at this time of year. Just as the parking meter spits out our ticket, a young man driving much too fast on a motorcycle roars up behind us. He is followed by a police car, sirens blaring and blue lights flashing.
By Daniel Goldberg and Linus Larsson | 19 February, 2013 05:02
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
By Grant Gross | 07 November, 2012 19:06
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTMedia Planner Buyer - Media Trader OpportunitiesNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
Top 5 reasons why EMC for archiving This whitepaper provides the top five reasons why organisations looking for the best-of-breed archive software and protection storage for a true end-to-end archive solution. · Archiving inactive data from tier-1 storage is a key way to save big · Eliminate siloes for administration savings, while maximising overall storage efficiency, typically reducing archive and backup capacity required by 10-30x. · Archiving solution that allows you to add virtual and physical servers to meet new demands
- Yelp settles US FTC charges of violating child privacy
- Copyright reform: eBay not sold on website blocking
- Westpac, BlueChilli offer $40k prize to Aussie startup
- Apple turns on iCloud two-step verification after nude selfie scandal
- Committee backs new hacking powers for ASIO
- Use of forced labor 'systemic' in Malaysian IT manufacturing
- Sweeping security law would have computer users surrender privacy
- TIO reveals jump in complaints about mobile data charges
- ZTE brings affordable 5.7-inch phablet to T-Mobile
- Mobile Black Spot program to prioritise areas with 'skin in the game'
- Children’s e-Safety Commissioner will have far-reaching online powers
- No old iPhone is left behind in this Shenzhen market
- NAB Traveller card can be loaded with 10 currencies simultaneously
- Hackers accessed Goodwill hosting provider for 18 months before card breach
- Startup develops optical zoom lens for smartphones