corporate issues - News, Features, and Slideshows
Threat protection company FireEye Tuesday announced it's acquiring nPulse Technologies, a privately-held maker of high-speed packet-capture, network analysis and forensics gear, for $70 million in a cash-stock deal expected to close during the second quarter.
By Ellen Messmer | 07 May, 2014 06:36
New Hampshire-based Infrastructure-as-a-Service company Dyn announced today that it would purchase managed DNS provider Nettica. Terms were not disclosed.
By Jon Gold | 26 March, 2014 13:13
Taking Dell private is a bold move, but won't ensure success. If you can't recognize opportunities and execute properly as a public company, buying yourself shelter from investors only takes you so far. The bigger challenge will be rejiggering the corporate culture and core processes to make more innovation possible.
By John Dix | 11 February, 2013 11:55
Tech vendors have been as bombastic as ever promoting the magical and amazing things their latest smartphones, cloud computing wares and network gear can do. When things go wrong, they're naturally a little less visible, but plenty of companies have sucked it up and done the right thing this year (perhaps with a little legal prodding here and there) and publicly apologized for minor and major customers inconveniences.
By Bob Brown | 08 November, 2012 20:53
Just because you don't have a large enterprise doesn't mean you can't run your IT operation like the big guys. Here are seven ways to help your SMB--a small or medium-size business--implement some of the lessons big IT operations have learned over the years. Using these tips, you should be able to improve productivity, cut costs, and keep your business running smoothly.
By David Strom | 14 November, 2008 10:26
With the economy struggling and financial markets in a state of chaos, this is becoming a hard time to be an IT manager.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 23 October, 2008 09:39
Whitepapers about corporate issues
Threat Emulation uses a sandbox as a separate, isolated environment in which files are open and run to determine whether they are safe or malicious. In this infographic, we look at its implementation and the technology required to avoid infecting a corporate network.
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
This e-book describes a hypothetical company as it reviews its traditional approach to WAN design and how it evolves its practices to meet their goals. This e-book includes a summary of the key components to WAN, 10 key architecture and design considerations and how businesses can grow their network while controlling costs and maintaining security.
- Sounds can knock drones out of the sky
- Software mogul Tom Siebel funds AI, drone research to tackle energy crisis
- Optus to shut down 2G network in 2017
- Becoming a digital workplace
- Google's Project Tango coming to 12 more countries
- Microsoft levels up Web version of Outlook for business customers
- Employment engine keeps humming for IT job seekers
- Salesforce taps Instagram's new API with tailored marketing tools
- Review: Ikea wireless-charging furniture is stylish and functional but not without issues
- So long (Vista), it's been good to know you
- Who goes there? CA will know with Xceedium buy
- India reverses ban on porn websites
- EFF-led group wants to give do-not-track some bite
- Intel's big plan to seed the private Cloud market
- Sprint sees record low customer loss rate, but drops to 4th place behind T-Mobile