Cybercrime and Hacking - News, Features, and Slideshows
About 4.5 million people in 28 states face the risk of identity theft due to a massive data breach at Community Health Systems (CHS) a Franklin, Tenn., based health network.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 19 August, 2014 05:19
A data breach at Supervalu Inc., one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the U.S., could affect thousands of people who shopped at the company's stores in June and July.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 16 August, 2014 03:36
In a new trend, Windows tech support scams have gone home-grown, with twists that include bogus warnings from malicious websites urging users to call a toll-free number for "help."
By Gregg Keizer | 12 August, 2014 05:17
The data breach disclosed by Supervalu is another reminder about why the ongoing migration of the US payment system to smartcard technology can't happen fast enough.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 16 August, 2014 20:49
Companies that suffer major data breaches almost always portray themselves as victims of cutting edge attack techniques and tools. The reality, though, is often much more mundane.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 14 March, 2014 10:27
Retailers and banks must move quickly to figure out who should be responsible for better securing the payments system network or risk having Congress decide for them.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 23 January, 2014 16:05
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
While we have seen modest gains in organisations’ ability to attack the security gap, advanced (and not-so advanced) threat actors continue to evolve their tactics to find a way through it. This whitepaper looks at the developments for 2015 and how these developments paint a threat landscape that is more complex than ever.
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
- Microsoft scores with free Windows 10 upgrade as downloads tally 10x Windows 8's first-day sales
- It's SysAdmin Day: Let us celebrate with coffee
- ISP argues net neutrality rules violate its right to block content
- Former Hacking Team developer reportedly in contact with a terrorist group
- Italian police shutter Dark Web marketplace
- Black Hat 2015: Cracking just about anything
- Android Studio focuses on C++ editing
- New Google Glass for businesses will reportedly attach to other eyewear
- Ad group urges FTC to reject right to be forgotten in US
- Hacker steals Bitdefender customer log-in credentials, attempts blackmail