Cybercrime and Hacking - News, Features, and Slideshows
About 4.5 million people in 28 states face the risk of identity theft due to a massive data breach at Community Health Systems (CHS) a Franklin, Tenn., based health network.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 19 August, 2014 05:19
A data breach at Supervalu Inc., one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the U.S., could affect thousands of people who shopped at the company's stores in June and July.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 16 August, 2014 03:36
In a new trend, Windows tech support scams have gone home-grown, with twists that include bogus warnings from malicious websites urging users to call a toll-free number for "help."
By Gregg Keizer | 12 August, 2014 05:17
The data breach disclosed by Supervalu is another reminder about why the ongoing migration of the US payment system to smartcard technology can't happen fast enough.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 16 August, 2014 20:49
Companies that suffer major data breaches almost always portray themselves as victims of cutting edge attack techniques and tools. The reality, though, is often much more mundane.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 14 March, 2014 10:27
Retailers and banks must move quickly to figure out who should be responsible for better securing the payments system network or risk having Congress decide for them.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 23 January, 2014 16:05
How do you ensure you are choosing the right threat intelligence solution for your organization? The recent Forrester Research, Inc. report, “Use Actionable Threat Intelligence to Protect Your Digital Business,” describes the characteristics of effective threat intelligence and what to look for in a threat intelligence vendor (August 2014).
- Microsoft to business: Don't worry about Windows 10, consumers will test it
- Google Now adds data from Lyft, Airbnb and many more apps
- Outlook app for Android and iOS boosts Microsoft's mobile comeback
- MIT randomizes tasks to speed massive multicore processors
- NEC aims at Big Data 'sweet spot' with new SAP Hana tool
- Uber will fight to keep its Boston ride data private
- Verizon to allow opt-out from mobile 'supercookies'
- Brief: Tesla boosts 0-60 acceleration with over-the-air software upgrade
- AT&T will pay $18.2B as top bidder in mobile spectrum auction
- BMW cars found vulnerable in Connected Drive hack
- Twitter's Vine Kids app is not just for kids
- Apple puts the big hurt on Samsung
- Google Glass holds promise but requires a 'reset'
- Microsoft updates cloud-based SQL Server to simplify management
- Intuit backpedals from TurboTax changes after upgrade uproar