Cybercrime and Hacking - News, Features, and Slideshows
About 4.5 million people in 28 states face the risk of identity theft due to a massive data breach at Community Health Systems (CHS) a Franklin, Tenn., based health network.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 19 August, 2014 05:19
A data breach at Supervalu Inc., one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the U.S., could affect thousands of people who shopped at the company's stores in June and July.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 16 August, 2014 03:36
In a new trend, Windows tech support scams have gone home-grown, with twists that include bogus warnings from malicious websites urging users to call a toll-free number for "help."
By Gregg Keizer | 12 August, 2014 05:17
The data breach disclosed by Supervalu is another reminder about why the ongoing migration of the US payment system to smartcard technology can't happen fast enough.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 16 August, 2014 20:49
Companies that suffer major data breaches almost always portray themselves as victims of cutting edge attack techniques and tools. The reality, though, is often much more mundane.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 14 March, 2014 10:27
Retailers and banks must move quickly to figure out who should be responsible for better securing the payments system network or risk having Congress decide for them.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 23 January, 2014 16:05
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
A February 2013 research study revealed some telling statistics among CIOs and Senior IT Managers about the state of their managed data. Most notably: Mobile access to company data is of paramount importance, Large enterprises are having trouble locating data across their databases, IT teams are overburdened, and business decisions are being hampered by time spent managing data silos. Organizations express interest in a solution that enables them to protect, manage and access all data across the enterprise from a single platform. Discover what IT leaders like yourself have expressed as their biggest challenges when it comes to managing data today, and arm yourself with the tools to change the data management game inside of your organisation.
- Data#3 takes majority stake in Wi-Fi analytics firm
- Skype for Business pros & cons
- The Best Android Phones You Can Buy Today
- In Pictures: Robots that cook, clean, sing and dance
- In Pictures: Workarounds, kludges, and hacks that will improve your life
- Kyvos serves up Hadoop on cubes
- NRMA kicks off second Jumpstart program
- Will A.I. drive the human race off a cliff?
- Jaunt shows high-end VR camera for professionals
- Surveillance court extends NSA's phone records collection
- HP enterprise chief, Bill Veghte, to depart before company split
- Apple loses e-book antitrust appeal
- Robot apocalypse unlikely, but researchers need to understand AI risks
- Amazon releases open source cryptographic module
- EU sets June 2017 as date to end mobile roaming charges