Cybercrime and Hacking - News, Features, and Slideshows
About 4.5 million people in 28 states face the risk of identity theft due to a massive data breach at Community Health Systems (CHS) a Franklin, Tenn., based health network.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 19 August, 2014 05:19
A data breach at Supervalu Inc., one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the U.S., could affect thousands of people who shopped at the company's stores in June and July.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 16 August, 2014 03:36
In a new trend, Windows tech support scams have gone home-grown, with twists that include bogus warnings from malicious websites urging users to call a toll-free number for "help."
By Gregg Keizer | 12 August, 2014 05:17
The data breach disclosed by Supervalu is another reminder about why the ongoing migration of the US payment system to smartcard technology can't happen fast enough.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 16 August, 2014 20:49
Companies that suffer major data breaches almost always portray themselves as victims of cutting edge attack techniques and tools. The reality, though, is often much more mundane.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 14 March, 2014 10:27
Retailers and banks must move quickly to figure out who should be responsible for better securing the payments system network or risk having Congress decide for them.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 23 January, 2014 16:05
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
One of the biggest use cases for the cloud – in fact, the biggest, in the case of hosted private cloud – is for backup and disaster recovery. This white paper explores why the Cloud is well suited for Disaster Recovery and what organisations need to consider to ensure that Cloud DR is right for them.
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- FBI Director entreats tech firms to release encrypted data used in crimes and terror
- World's largest solar plant goes live; will provide power for 1.1M people
- Carriers celebrate as Telecommunications Act of 1996 turns 20
- Obama’s new cybersecurity agenda: What you need to know
- Navy calls on researchers to create firefighting humanoid robot
- Law firm searches for plaintiffs for class action suit against Apple over 'Error 53'
- Angular 1.5.0 paves the way for Angular 2
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- Twitter gets an assist in taking on trolls and bullies
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games