cyberwar - News, Features, and Slideshows
Rules of engagement between different countries should be established before a major Web-based attack takes place according to BT Group’s US chief security technology officer, Bruce Schneier.
By Hamish Barwick | 08 November, 2011 16:59
Countries will continue to press the envelope to determine how much damage can be inflicted before the United States declares a cyberwar according to a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) associate.
By Hamish Barwick | 20 June, 2011 15:39
Cyber warfare strategy is getting so sophisticated that network attacks suitable for major assaults are being used instead as trial runs meant solely to probe enemies with the aim of figuring out what their defenses are, an audience at an Interop security talk was told.
By Tim Greene | 14 May, 2011 02:45
Collaboration and training are vital to the success of security projects, according to Westpac’s Chief Information Security Officer, Richard Johnson.
By Lisa Banks | 02 October, 2010 09:26
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Presented in the form of the top 10 tips for cyber resilience, this whitepaper provides a simple, easy to digest guide for enterprise on how best to secure your business against cyber risk and threats.
- Smart locker application wins first place at BattleHack Sydney
- Using Instagram on public Wi-Fi poses risk of an account hijack, researcher says
- Consumer group decries government's anti-piracy plans
- Data retention: Industry reiterates warning on costs
- Lithium-metal battery could boost gadget power
- Vodafone uses low-band to boost 4G coverage
- NICTA pushes seL4 microkernel beyond drones
- ACMA signs online child abuse notification scheme with police
- Testbed will help clouds and networks shake hands
- Rip Curl rides wearable wave with smartwatch for surfers
- More than 6k Australians duped by Koler Android ransomware: report
- Facebook to require Messenger app for mobile chat
- Solar power war between U.S. and Asia escalates
- Qualcomm planting seeds for 4K video, silicon brains in mobile devices
- Mobile devices to get faster LP-DDR4 memory next year