cyberwar - News, Features, and Slideshows
Rules of engagement between different countries should be established before a major Web-based attack takes place according to BT Group’s US chief security technology officer, Bruce Schneier.
By Hamish Barwick | 08 November, 2011 16:59
Countries will continue to press the envelope to determine how much damage can be inflicted before the United States declares a cyberwar according to a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) associate.
By Hamish Barwick | 20 June, 2011 15:39
Cyber warfare strategy is getting so sophisticated that network attacks suitable for major assaults are being used instead as trial runs meant solely to probe enemies with the aim of figuring out what their defenses are, an audience at an Interop security talk was told.
By Tim Greene | 14 May, 2011 02:45
Collaboration and training are vital to the success of security projects, according to Westpac’s Chief Information Security Officer, Richard Johnson.
By Lisa Banks | 02 October, 2010 09:26
Unstructured data formats are much harder to search and analyse than databases or simple text. In this context, ‘big data’ is a challenge, not an advantage. This whitepaper looks at how you can apply a data-centric approach across diverse business areas and shows how, having cracked open the content of unstructured data, your organisation can develop processes and competencies that will reduce costs, improve efficiency and deliver new sources of business value.
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
This IDC research whitepaper looks at the three key APAC enterprise IT mega-trends that are driving digital transformation and the five aspects CIOs and their business peers will need to transform within their organisation to keep pace with the evolving landscape. Find out CxOs rising digital priorities, all-flash array adoption and performance specific to the region.
- FBI takes down alert on chip credit cards after bankers complain
- Firefox to drop old-tech plug-ins by end of 2016
- Meet the virtual woman who may take your job
- Dismal PC business contraction continues; no bounce yet from Windows 10
- Juniper Networks looking to go private?
- Display Dock for new Lumias will cost $99
- 3 Takeaways from Amazon’s re:Invent cloud conference
- AWS re:Invent and VMworld: A tale of two conferences
- LogMeIn buying password manager LastPass
- Wi-Fi Alliance reaches for peace over unlicensed LTE
- 7 warnings to heed before a cloud migration
- Facebook splits React library across Web and mobile
- US will not seek legislation against encryption
- Apple removes apps from store that could spy on your data traffic
- Alibaba sets up second data center in the US in $1B cloud expansion