Data Center - News, Features, and Slideshows
Data Center in pictures
Facebook, by adhering to the Open Compute Project it founded in October 2011, has saved more than $2 billion over the past three years, a company official said Tuesday at the Open Compute Summit Conference in Silicon Valley.
By Paul Krill | 12 March, 2015 00:34
The countdown to the official launch of Equinix's new Melbourne data centre is on, with ME1, along with NY6 in New York, SG3 in Singapore, LD6 in London, and TR2 Toronto, going online "in the coming weeks" the company said in a statement this morning.
By Rohan Pearce | 05 March, 2015 12:25
This past fall saw the worst Ebola outbreak ever ravage western Africa, and while medical researchers are trying to find a drug to treat or prevent the disease, the process is long and complicated. That's because you don't just snap your fingers and produce a drug with a virus like Ebola.
By Andy Patrizio | 11 March, 2015 07:24
Disaggregation seems to be all the rage in networking these days.
By Jim Duffy | 02 March, 2015 22:12
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
By By Ferhat Hatay, Fujitsu Oracle Center of Excellence | 10 February, 2015 06:57
By now everyone is aware of the performance leap offered by solid-state drives (SSDs) compared to hard disk drives (HDDs), but some SSD myths persist. It's time to separate fact from fiction.
By By Chuck Brown, SSD business development manager, Intel | 23 January, 2015 09:25
IT infrastructure is constantly riding the often-tumultuous waves of consolidation and separation. A typical example would be the eras of mainframe, open systems, and PC computing. No surprise there. For the past three to five years, server virtualization has been a catalyst for data center consolidation, (even though for the most part, IT has mapped server virtualization initiatives to existing IT infrastructure choices, or dare I say legacy infrastructure).
By Mark Bowker | 13 January, 2015 03:55
Whitepapers about Data Center
The market for integrated systems is a key growth area for data centre hardware infrastructure. This report sizes the market and profiles early leaders in this important and emerging area. • The integrated systems market is growing, with revenue increasing 53.7% year on year. • Large enterprises are currently the key customers, while the small business segment is underserved. • There is significant opportunity for overall segment growth
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End Web Developer (Drupal)NSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
There are many benefits to SSO and many options. But with so many choices, picking the right one can be a real challenge. As you evaluate your choices, however, there are some simple questions you should consider. Download this report and use these questions as your evaluation criteria.
- FCC will vote next month on plan to share valuable 3.5GHz spectrum
- Intel could strengthen its server product stack with Altera
- Kleiner Perkins cleared of sex discrimination against Ellen Pao
- Facebook reveals the logic behind its forced Messenger split
- French self-driving car goes for a spin around Paris monument
- Google to bring imaging, sensor technology to the operating room
- 5 freshly-funded cloud computing companies worth watching
- Why Meerkat and Periscope are the next big challenge for marketers
- USB Type-C peripherals are on the way, and storage devices are first up
- Microsoft should forget the Surface, stick to the Pro 2-in-1 line
- Slack hacked, compromising users' profile data
- Congress moves quickly on cyberthreat information sharing
- New mobile-malware detection technique uses gestures
- Google Cloud Launcher deploys VM-based apps in a snap
- Apple Watch mini-stores to open in London, Paris, Tokyo luxury retail shops