Data management - News, Features, and Slideshows
Bringing some enterprise rigor to the wild world of big data, Hewlett-Packard has issued a package that will allow organizations to harness HP's Vertica analytical database engine to investigate reams of unstructured data residing in Hadoop systems.
By Joab Jackson | 18 November, 2014 09:44
If it weren't enough of a challenge for IT architects and system managers to glue enterprise systems together, they must also now worry about connecting their systems to mobile and Web applications as well.
By Joab Jackson | 27 June, 2014 04:31
As if tracking down bugs in a complex application isn't difficult enough, programmers now must worry about a newly emerging and potentially dangerous trap, one in which a program compiler simply eliminates chunks of code it doesn't understand, often without alerting the programmer of the missing functionality.
By Joab Jackson | 20 June, 2014 06:45
SAP reported a strong growth in cloud revenue and fast adoption of its HANA platform in the first quarter, while its software revenue dipped from the same quarter in the previous year.
By John Ribeiro | 17 April, 2014 16:46
Enterprise search software provider LucidWorks has introduced a package based on its open-source Apache Solr search engine that will allow administrators and business analysts to extract more information from IT system logs.
By Joab Jackson | 02 April, 2014 22:02
Oracle's string of high-profile cloud-computing partnership announcements with Microsoft, Salesforce.com and NetSuite dominated tech news headlines this week.
By Chris Kanaracus | 28 June, 2013 20:25
Whitepapers about Data management
This whitepaper details how Protection Storage Architecture can provide a data protection platform that can evolve with business and technical requirements. Over the next few years, IT will be faced with a new set of data protection challenges, centered on delivering multiple data protection services Transformational architecture not only enables backup teams to solve immediate tactical challenges but also helps IT teams keep business applications running Protection Storage Architecture has three core components: protection storage, data source integration and data management services (Tags: data protection, storage architecture, integration, data management, recovery, backup)
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesVIC
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
Mining company Teck Resources wanted to ensure high availability and responsiveness for its critical employee communications systems. To achieve this goal, Teck chose a comprehensive F5 traffic management and secure access solution that provides high availability and give users a more responsive experience.
- Cybercrime reporting site launches in Australia
- Microsoft Band customers get scrooged even before holidays start
- Microsoft study finds everybody wants DevOps but culture is a challenge
- Google delays demise of old-style Chrome plug-ins
- Stratasys now sells professional-grade 3D printers on Amazon
- Want a 100TB disk drive? You'll have to wait 'til 2025
- Tablet craze calms down as iPad shipments decline
- DT and Informatica service links Cloud, on-premises apps, data
- Twitter, in time for the holidays, puts digital coupons in your feed
- Bitdefender security appliance for home networks seeks to replace end-point antivirus
- Pew poll: Limited knowledge on privacy policies, more on net neutrality
- Mobile broadband modems are losing their appeal with consumers
- UK faults tech firm for not alerting authorities before soldier's murder
- HP talks cloud delivery options, the importance of OpenStack, how it competes on price
- 60 things European legislators don't want Canada to learn about air passengers