Data management - News, Features, and Slideshows
If it weren't enough of a challenge for IT architects and system managers to glue enterprise systems together, they must also now worry about connecting their systems to mobile and Web applications as well.
By Joab Jackson | 27 June, 2014 04:31
As if tracking down bugs in a complex application isn't difficult enough, programmers now must worry about a newly emerging and potentially dangerous trap, one in which a program compiler simply eliminates chunks of code it doesn't understand, often without alerting the programmer of the missing functionality.
By Joab Jackson | 20 June, 2014 06:45
SAP reported a strong growth in cloud revenue and fast adoption of its HANA platform in the first quarter, while its software revenue dipped from the same quarter in the previous year.
By John Ribeiro | 17 April, 2014 16:46
Enterprise search software provider LucidWorks has introduced a package based on its open-source Apache Solr search engine that will allow administrators and business analysts to extract more information from IT system logs.
By Joab Jackson | 02 April, 2014 22:02
SugarCRM customers will soon be able to import business contact data from Dun & Bradstreet, giving them a new means for finding and closing deals more efficiently.
By Chris Kanaracus | 26 March, 2014 15:00
Oracle's string of high-profile cloud-computing partnership announcements with Microsoft, Salesforce.com and NetSuite dominated tech news headlines this week.
By Chris Kanaracus | 28 June, 2013 20:25
Whitepapers about Data management
Today’s customer experience management (CEM) programs require the involvement and collaboration of all key stakeholders within the enterprise. Aberdeen Group believes that two of these stakeholders are the CIO and CMO, and they must be aligned to drive superior customer and corporate value.
Although government agencies invest large sums of money into their IT defenses, an unknowing user can help adversaries dethrone even the most regal of security systems, that's why proper precautions are needed in expanding your mobile strategies. Read more
- Panasonic to help Tesla build battery 'Gigafactory'
- Judge approves Apple e-books price-fixing settlement
- Retail industry rallies behind open standard for tokenization
- HP's SlateBook 14 Android laptop ships, but with a higher price than expected
- Google offloads mystery barge to marine company
- Train robots hands-on to dump trash with this new OS
- Oregon's move from Oracle-developed site to Healthcare.gov on track, official says
- HP's new lifeline for OpenVMS gets a thanks from users
- Facebook outage hits users
- Android vulnerability still a threat to many devices nearly two years later
- Amazon's four tips to make sure your cloud is secure
- HP agrees to settle allegations it overbilled US Postal Service
- German copyright law is unconstitutional, Yahoo says in complaint
- Attackers can easily create dangerous file-encrypting malware, new threat suggests