Data management - News, Features, and Slideshows
If it weren't enough of a challenge for IT architects and system managers to glue enterprise systems together, they must also now worry about connecting their systems to mobile and Web applications as well.
By Joab Jackson | 27 June, 2014 04:31
As if tracking down bugs in a complex application isn't difficult enough, programmers now must worry about a newly emerging and potentially dangerous trap, one in which a program compiler simply eliminates chunks of code it doesn't understand, often without alerting the programmer of the missing functionality.
By Joab Jackson | 20 June, 2014 06:45
SAP reported a strong growth in cloud revenue and fast adoption of its HANA platform in the first quarter, while its software revenue dipped from the same quarter in the previous year.
By John Ribeiro | 17 April, 2014 16:46
Enterprise search software provider LucidWorks has introduced a package based on its open-source Apache Solr search engine that will allow administrators and business analysts to extract more information from IT system logs.
By Joab Jackson | 02 April, 2014 22:02
SugarCRM customers will soon be able to import business contact data from Dun & Bradstreet, giving them a new means for finding and closing deals more efficiently.
By Chris Kanaracus | 26 March, 2014 15:00
Oracle's string of high-profile cloud-computing partnership announcements with Microsoft, Salesforce.com and NetSuite dominated tech news headlines this week.
By Chris Kanaracus | 28 June, 2013 20:25
Whitepapers about Data management
This whitepaper details how Protection Storage Architecture can provide a data protection platform that can evolve with business and technical requirements. Over the next few years, IT will be faced with a new set of data protection challenges, centered on delivering multiple data protection services Transformational architecture not only enables backup teams to solve immediate tactical challenges but also helps IT teams keep business applications running Protection Storage Architecture has three core components: protection storage, data source integration and data management services (Tags: data protection, storage architecture, integration, data management, recovery, backup)
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
Mobile devices present a unique dilemma to the enterprise. On the one hand, workers empowered with tablets and smartphones can transform the way they do business; they’re more agile, closer to customers and more productive. Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) programs give users the freedom to work on the devices of their own choosing, while still allowing an enterprise to reap the productivity benefits of these always connected, readily accessible mobile devices.
- Report: Bad communication among defense agencies makes China hacks more dangerous
- Alibaba's IPO could be 'open sesame' for global expansion
- Microsoft boards-up research lab amid more layoffs
- Future spacesuits could act like protective second skin
- Virginia Tech researchers devise traffic app to rival weather apps
- Lens-less camera, costing pennies, brings vision to the Internet of Things
- SAP buying Concur for $8.3 billion to boost cloud portfolio
- iOS 8 gets off to sluggish start
- GE to use crowdsourcing and 3D printers to build next-gen appliances
- Apple closer to green light for iPhone 6 sales in China
- Home Depot breach put 56 million payment cards at risk, company says
- Larry Ellison steps down as Oracle CEO, Catz, Hurd named co-CEOs
- Qualcomm shows its Snapdragon 810 in action
- Oracle CEO Larry Ellison steps down as CEO, Catz, Hurd named co-CEOs
- The Navy flew its new drone across the US Wednesday night