Data management - News, Features, and Slideshows
Data-integration giant Informatica has made itself a private company in a $US5.3 billion deal that includes investments from Microsoft and Salesforce.com.
By Katherine Noyes | 07 August, 2015 08:59
While the buzz around big data analysis is at a peak, there is less discussion about how to get the necessary data into the systems in the first place, which can involve the cumbersome task of setting up and maintaining a number of data processing pipelines.
By Joab Jackson | 31 July, 2015 02:12
It's no secret that security has been a tripping point for enterprises considering cloud storage, but OwnCloud on Tuesday took a fresh step toward alleviating such concerns with the addition of a new encryption framework.
By Katherine Noyes | 08 July, 2015 02:35
Continuing its efforts to woo enterprise users in heavily regulated industries, Box on Monday announced a new add-on tool for its cloud storage service that's designed for managing sensitive data.
By Katherine Noyes | 23 June, 2015 03:51
Oracle's string of high-profile cloud-computing partnership announcements with Microsoft, Salesforce.com and NetSuite dominated tech news headlines this week.
By Chris Kanaracus | 28 June, 2013 20:25
Whitepapers about Data management
Forrester Wave Report for Privileged Identity Management provides a thorough evaluation of all the vendors offering Privileged Management solutions. Today’s economic environment is forcing S&R professionals to consider alternatives to on-premises solutions and use cloud services. Leaders in the PIM space now offer cloud support, threat mitigation to prevent data breaches, and privileged identity intelligence.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
Internal and external disruptions can impede business continuity and result in negative repercussions for enterprise productivity and data resources. This whitepaper looks at how improved mobility access can shield companies from unprecedented risks, resulting in greater cost savings and enhanced workforce continuity. It also highlights the benefits of having a mobile workspace technology which enables the workforce to have access to apps, desktops and files in difficult situations. Included are four case studies where organisations are able to demonstrate a high level of business continuity with sound disaster recovery strategies in place.
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs
- UN panel backs WikiLeaks' Julian Assange, but he may not go free
- The Neutrino exploit kit has a new way to detect security researchers
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- What businesses need to know about Privacy Shield
- Box makes it easier for businesses to control encryption of cloud data