data protection - News, Features, and Slideshows
data protection in pictures
Privacy concerns have delayed a U.S. Senate vote on a controversial cyberthreat information-sharing bill until lawmakers return from a month-long recess.
By Grant Gross | 06 August, 2015 06:51
File synchronization services, used to accommodate roaming employees inside organizations, can also be a weak point that attackers could exploit to remain undetected inside compromised networks.
By Lucian Constantin | 05 August, 2015 21:03
The U.S. Senate could take a preliminary vote as soon as Wednesday on a controversial bill intended to encourage businesses to share cyberthreat information with each other and with government agencies, despite concerns that the legislation would allow the widespread sharing of personal customer data.
By Grant Gross | 05 August, 2015 01:42
Opponents of a U.S. Senate bill intended to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats may have stalled a vote on the legislation.
By Grant Gross | 31 July, 2015 03:14
U.S. President Barack Obama should oppose legislation intended to let businesses share cyberthreat information with each other and with government agencies because the bill would allow the sharing of too much personal information, a coalition of digital rights groups and security experts said.
By Grant Gross | 29 July, 2015 02:12
Despite the convenience, free public Wi-Fi networks like those found in hotels, Starbucks, and McDonald's are also a serious risk when it comes to your data and personal information.
By Tony Bradley | 11 November, 2010 07:42
It has been an exceptional year for IT security breaches, which have become part of an escalating trend in destructive attacks. And they're going to get worse.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 19 December, 2014 04:29
The data breach disclosed by Supervalu is another reminder about why the ongoing migration of the US payment system to smartcard technology can't happen fast enough.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 16 August, 2014 20:49
That someone had to take the fall for the massive breach at Target is neither surprising nor unexpected. The only question is whether more heads will roll in the aftermath of one the biggest data compromises in retail history.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 05 March, 2014 21:27
Whitepapers about data protection
The cloud is transforming IT organisations with agility and efficiency but it still presents many challenges. Organisations have to strike the right balance between rationalizing their move to the cloud and overcoming barriers. Read on to consider how five challenges may impact your strategy.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
This e-book gives insight into what it means to use a hybrid approach to cloud computing and the flexibility and choice that it provides. You will discover the type of technologies and approaches that are imperative for your organisation to create the business value and flexibility the constituents you serve demand.
- SD-WAN: What it is and why you’ll use it one day
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- SCO vs. IBM legal battle over Linux may – finally – be finished
- Microsoft adds conservative release 'ring' to Windows 10 beta program
- 6 things you should know about Twitter's timeline change
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- Bill filed in Congress would ban encryption backdoors
- Networking company name change madness is upon us
- Browser maker Opera's board urges sale to Chinese collective for $1.2B
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
- LG's G5 smartphone to have 'always on' ability
- Data science achieves the ultimate ROI: A craft beer
- SAP slaps patch on leaky factory software
- Paul McCartney gives Skype some silly love songs