Data storage - News, Features, and Slideshows
Seagate announced today Roku set-top boxes will now have a channel to connect to Wireless Plus hard drives for streaming movies, music and photos stored on the drives.
By Lucas Mearian | 24 July, 2014 02:34
Microsoft's decision to boost free storage space to one terabyte for Office 365 subscribers is less a game changer for the rent-not-own concept than additional evidence that storage is transforming from a separate service to a feature, analysts have argued.
By Gregg Keizer | 26 June, 2014 00:18
It's rare that a company would release internal data on drive failure rates -- even more so when that company, Backblaze, earns its living storing consumer data in the cloud. That makes the hard drive data released this week even more valuable.
By Lucas Mearian | 22 January, 2014 21:11
While resistive RAM's chances of crowding out NAND flash anytime soon are slim, the coming RAM wars mean mobile users are likely to have hundreds of gigabytes, or even a terabyte, of storage at their fingertips.
By Lucas Mearian | 08 August, 2013 22:07
Some popular new tablets come equipped with storage expansion slots; others do not. Which is better?
By Matt Hamblen | 30 July, 2013 13:56
If the question about tornadoes comes up at his Oklahoma City data center, as it sometimes does, Todd Currie, vice president of operations and general manager at Perimeter Technology, has answers. He even has cutout sample of his roof to show how it is built.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 31 May, 2013 10:08
Enterprise storage demands are reaching a critical point, and vendors are scrambling to develop new products to deal with the data deluge. We look at how these technologies will help manage the major pain points for storage administrators.
By Robert L. Scheier | 25 March, 2013 10:17
Whitepapers about Data storage
In this whitepaper, IDC analyses the true return on investment for businesses using a consolidated approach to data protection, versus more siloed backup and archiving techniques. IDC conducted in-depth interviews with several organizations to gain insight into the realized benefits of an integrated data protection strategy, both in terms of cost savings and productivity.
UXC Connect’s Jesmond Psaila says that DevOps can do for IT operations what Agile did for software development. This paper demonstrates how, by combining both approaches, you can significantly improve operational efficiency and time-to-market. • Marketing and development teams want to constantly change or increase functionality, while IT operations teams want to keep the environment as stable as possible • Agile software development and virtualisation have not solved the time-to-value problem faced by marketing and IT operations teams • Recent movements in DevOps aim to address and redefine a more agile service management platform, while new tools have vastly improved functionality to configure and automate common processes
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
Beyond the basics of email and calendar to LOB advantages: Mobile Apps
- Microsoft China uses 'Windows 9' as official name of next edition
- Google to build quantum computing processors
- Linux kernel developer arrested in Russia
- Broadband and the future of learning
- Home Depot breach could potentially be as big as Target's
- Office for iPad adds monthly in-app subscription payments
- Home Depot investigates possible payment data breach
- Sony joins AllSeen Alliance to push for common ground in IoT
- "Outraged" Apple issues update on celebrity cellphone nude photo breach
- Groups: FCC shouldn't overturn state laws against municipal broadband
- Apple blames leaked nude celebrity photos on 'targeted attack'
- Celebrity nude photos scandal a wake-up call for Cloud users
- Hackers make drive-by download attacks stealthier with fileless infections
- Compuware switches to private ownership
- Apple's OS X Yosemite gets big start thanks to public beta