Data storage - News, Features, and Slideshows
Worldwide data storage hardware sales saw a boon in the first quarter of this year, with a 41.4% leap over the same quarter in 2014.
By Lucas Mearian | 01 July, 2015 10:49
The average price that computer manufacturers pay for a 128GB solid-state drive (SSD) dropped to $50 in the second quarter, while the average price of a 256GB SSD plunged to almost $90, according to research from DRAMeXchange.
By Lucas Mearian | 04 June, 2015 02:27
It's rare that a company would release internal data on drive failure rates -- even more so when that company, Backblaze, earns its living storing consumer data in the cloud. That makes the hard drive data released this week even more valuable.
By Lucas Mearian | 22 January, 2014 21:11
While resistive RAM's chances of crowding out NAND flash anytime soon are slim, the coming RAM wars mean mobile users are likely to have hundreds of gigabytes, or even a terabyte, of storage at their fingertips.
By Lucas Mearian | 08 August, 2013 22:07
Some popular new tablets come equipped with storage expansion slots; others do not. Which is better?
By Matt Hamblen | 30 July, 2013 13:56
If the question about tornadoes comes up at his Oklahoma City data center, as it sometimes does, Todd Currie, vice president of operations and general manager at Perimeter Technology, has answers. He even has cutout sample of his roof to show how it is built.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 31 May, 2013 10:08
Enterprise storage demands are reaching a critical point, and vendors are scrambling to develop new products to deal with the data deluge. We look at how these technologies will help manage the major pain points for storage administrators.
By Robert L. Scheier | 25 March, 2013 10:17
Whitepapers about Data storage
Read how VMware found infrastructure that could handle hundreds of thousands of low-latency IOPS to service over 2500 concurrent active virtual machines. · The infrastructure solution had to provision and deprovision labs with no impact on active students · Platform resiliency was crucial · With four all-flash arrays, results involved high levels of consistent and predictable IOPS performance under demanding workload conditions
Research shows that 94% of CIOs believe that enterprise mobility has become an important part of their enterprise IT strategy. While there are many benefits for business, there are still risks when it comes to security. This whitepaper looks at the steps all organisations to take when it comes to supporting a mobile workforce.
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
This IDC research whitepaper looks at the three key APAC enterprise IT mega-trends that are driving digital transformation and the five aspects CIOs and their business peers will need to transform within their organisation to keep pace with the evolving landscape. Find out CxOs rising digital priorities, all-flash array adoption and performance specific to the region.
- Zendesk tool taps machine learning to nip customer-service problems in the bud
- Amazon launches QuickSight business intelligence service
- Microsoft expands FastTrack service to aid Office 365 migration for businesses
- Microsoft claims 110M devices now run Windows 10
- Greens call for Trans-Pacific Partnership assessment
- Verizon will use its mobile supercookie to target customers with AOL ads
- 8 tech startups ink $400K in new contracts
- EU Safe Harbor ruling could have bearing on Microsoft email dispute
- IPsoft's 'Amelia' virtual assistant just got a whole lot more human
- Clothing retailer Uniqlo uses brain waves to match customers with t-shirts
- With Safe Harbor gone, the hard work on data transfers starts now
- Meet Project Orca, SAP's new, Hana-based analytics tool
- Machines are replacing writers, Gartner says
- Can Microsoft's new phones save its mobile ambitions?
- Digital Guardian buys Code Green to gain data-loss prevention tech