Data storage - News, Features, and Slideshows
Worldwide data storage hardware sales saw a boon in the first quarter of this year, with a 41.4% leap over the same quarter in 2014.
By Lucas Mearian | 01 July, 2015 10:49
The average price that computer manufacturers pay for a 128GB solid-state drive (SSD) dropped to $50 in the second quarter, while the average price of a 256GB SSD plunged to almost $90, according to research from DRAMeXchange.
By Lucas Mearian | 04 June, 2015 02:27
It's rare that a company would release internal data on drive failure rates -- even more so when that company, Backblaze, earns its living storing consumer data in the cloud. That makes the hard drive data released this week even more valuable.
By Lucas Mearian | 22 January, 2014 21:11
While resistive RAM's chances of crowding out NAND flash anytime soon are slim, the coming RAM wars mean mobile users are likely to have hundreds of gigabytes, or even a terabyte, of storage at their fingertips.
By Lucas Mearian | 08 August, 2013 22:07
Some popular new tablets come equipped with storage expansion slots; others do not. Which is better?
By Matt Hamblen | 30 July, 2013 13:56
If the question about tornadoes comes up at his Oklahoma City data center, as it sometimes does, Todd Currie, vice president of operations and general manager at Perimeter Technology, has answers. He even has cutout sample of his roof to show how it is built.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 31 May, 2013 10:08
Enterprise storage demands are reaching a critical point, and vendors are scrambling to develop new products to deal with the data deluge. We look at how these technologies will help manage the major pain points for storage administrators.
By Robert L. Scheier | 25 March, 2013 10:17
Whitepapers about Data storage
Read how VMware found infrastructure that could handle hundreds of thousands of low-latency IOPS to service over 2500 concurrent active virtual machines. · The infrastructure solution had to provision and deprovision labs with no impact on active students · Platform resiliency was crucial · With four all-flash arrays, results involved high levels of consistent and predictable IOPS performance under demanding workload conditions
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
This whitepaper looks at the security gaps and disconnects in organisations, how network virtualisation can help to reduce risk and support a higher-level security strategy and why micro-segmentation provided through network virtualisation paves the way for implementing a Zero Trust model.
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Report: Hackers steal, post details on 9,000 DHS employees
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Mozilla moves Firefox to more flexible release schedule
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- Flash memory's density surpasses hard drives for first time
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers