Data storage - News, Features, and Slideshows
Microsoft's decision to boost free storage space to one terabyte for Office 365 subscribers is less a game changer for the rent-not-own concept than additional evidence that storage is transforming from a separate service to a feature, analysts have argued.
By Gregg Keizer | 26 June, 2014 00:18
OWC today announced a desktop drive that comes with up to 10TB of capacity, one USB 3.0 port and two Thunderbolt ports that offer 10Gbps throughput.
By Lucas Mearian | 07 May, 2014 06:19
The Blu-ray disc format, once seen as a savior for the home entertainment industry, is struggling to survive under the assault of video-on-demand and downloads.
By Lucas Mearian | 03 May, 2014 05:28
It's rare that a company would release internal data on drive failure rates -- even more so when that company, Backblaze, earns its living storing consumer data in the cloud. That makes the hard drive data released this week even more valuable.
By Lucas Mearian | 22 January, 2014 21:11
While resistive RAM's chances of crowding out NAND flash anytime soon are slim, the coming RAM wars mean mobile users are likely to have hundreds of gigabytes, or even a terabyte, of storage at their fingertips.
By Lucas Mearian | 08 August, 2013 22:07
Some popular new tablets come equipped with storage expansion slots; others do not. Which is better?
By Matt Hamblen | 30 July, 2013 13:56
If the question about tornadoes comes up at his Oklahoma City data center, as it sometimes does, Todd Currie, vice president of operations and general manager at Perimeter Technology, has answers. He even has cutout sample of his roof to show how it is built.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 31 May, 2013 10:08
Enterprise storage demands are reaching a critical point, and vendors are scrambling to develop new products to deal with the data deluge. We look at how these technologies will help manage the major pain points for storage administrators.
By Robert L. Scheier | 25 March, 2013 10:17
Whitepapers about Data storage
In this whitepaper, IDC analyses the true return on investment for businesses using a consolidated approach to data protection, versus more siloed backup and archiving techniques. IDC conducted in-depth interviews with several organizations to gain insight into the realized benefits of an integrated data protection strategy, both in terms of cost savings and productivity.
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
The rise of mobile users and apps, coupled with the continued growth in SaaS, has transformed traditional business environments. Identity is the new perimeter. Learn what you can do with a centralized Identity Access Management (IAM) service across this hybrid IT environment.
- We must end cyber warfare: RSA's Arthur Coviello
- Australians support biometrics at airports
- Goodwill Industries investigates suspected payment card breach
- Black Hat presentation on TOR suddenly cancelled
- Report: Apple's new iPhone 6 could have biggest initial production
- Stealthy Web tracking tools pose increasing privacy risks to users
- NSW revamps open data repository
- UPDATED: 4G in Australia: The state of the nation
- AirMagnet Wi-Fi security tool takes aim at drones
- Payment upstart Stripe sets up shop in Australia
- NBN Co launches stop-gap satellite service
- Telstra unveils locations getting early access to 700MHz 4G network
- Yahoo buys Flurry to make more money from mobile apps
- In Pictures: 5 smartphones running alternative versions of Android
- Google may bring Wi-Fi to New York City pay phones