data warehouse - News, Features, and Slideshows
BT Financial Group has tapped business intelligence (BI) software from QlikView to provide insights on how to grow and retain customers for its financial advice business.
By Adam Bender | 17 May, 2013 12:08
The single biggest news coming from Amazon Web Service's first user conference recently was the launch of the company's newest service, Redshift, a Cloud-based data warehouse tool. And it prompts the question: Is the Cloud the right place for data warehousing?
By Brandon Butler | 10 December, 2012 21:05
"Big data" is the buzzword of the day, and learning to manage it and extract value from it is top of mind for executives across industries. A contributing factor to the surge in big data is a shift in prevailing corporate data management philosophies.
By Jesse Davis, director, research and development, Progress DataDirect | 07 December, 2012 16:09
Andy Jassy, head of Amazon.com’s cloud arm, Amazon Web Services, used his keynote at the inaugural AWS re:Invent developer conference in Las Vegas to unveil the latest addition to AWS’ cloud ecosystem: data-warehouse-as-a-service.
By Rohan Pearce | 29 November, 2012 06:11
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
To improve business processes and gain efficiency, its important to identify the signs that your ITSM solution is outdated, inefficient or both. In this paper we look at key questions'you should be asking, such as: • Is your IT staff still using time-consuming manual methods to address common service requests and IT requirements? • Does your organisation lack an automated Service Request Management (SRM) system? • Is your current ITSM solution able to support all your IT reporting and information needs?
- Drupal: If you weren't quick to patch, assume your site was hacked
- After rocket explosion, no air, water pollutants detected
- Microsoft releases stopgap POODLE protection for Internet Explorer
- Smartphone share of overall mobile phone sales stalling at 70 percent
- Pirate Bay co-founder found guilty of hacking in Denmark
- Apple Pay rival MCX defends security after hackers steal emails
- Germany backs plan to retain personal flight data across EU
- Startup Capriza scores $27M to Zapp legacy apps into mobile ones
- China: Facebook not banned, but must follow the rules
- Google AI project apes memory, programs (sort of) like a human
- Nintendo targets new health business with sleep sensor
- Vodafone asks how data retention applies to M2M
- China's Xiaomi surges to become world's third largest smartphone vendor
- Cunningham Lindsey uses Wi-Fi units to work during natural disasters
- Game to help prevent bullying