data warehouse - News, Features, and Slideshows
BT Financial Group has tapped business intelligence (BI) software from QlikView to provide insights on how to grow and retain customers for its financial advice business.
By Adam Bender | 17 May, 2013 12:08
The single biggest news coming from Amazon Web Service's first user conference recently was the launch of the company's newest service, Redshift, a Cloud-based data warehouse tool. And it prompts the question: Is the Cloud the right place for data warehousing?
By Brandon Butler | 10 December, 2012 21:05
"Big data" is the buzzword of the day, and learning to manage it and extract value from it is top of mind for executives across industries. A contributing factor to the surge in big data is a shift in prevailing corporate data management philosophies.
By Jesse Davis, director, research and development, Progress DataDirect | 07 December, 2012 16:09
Andy Jassy, head of Amazon.com’s cloud arm, Amazon Web Services, used his keynote at the inaugural AWS re:Invent developer conference in Las Vegas to unveil the latest addition to AWS’ cloud ecosystem: data-warehouse-as-a-service.
By Rohan Pearce | 29 November, 2012 06:11
With increased mobility in the workforce, the market for remote support solutions has increased by 35% in the last year and as demand for these solutions increases, so do the options for service providers. <p> This whitepaper provides key features an IT decision maker should look for when selecting a remote support solution such as core functionality, usability, customisation, security, scalability and deployment model.
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer | Design projects | SMB & Enterprise clientsNSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSite Reliability Engineer - Java DevOpsNSW
Employees are more inclined to use their devices of choice to conduct meetings in a location and time that fits them best. Statistics also show that 24% of all meetings are now virtual especially for the younger generation, and these users are looking for simplicity, flexibility and efficiency in their workplace. <p> This whitepaper looks at why there has been an increase the number of employees self-sourcing for web conferencing tools instead of adopting legacy IT systems that do not deliver the end user experience that they desire and the factors that drive these behaviours.
- Cisco dedicates security project to 'pissing off the bad guys'
- Beware of Oracle's licensing 'traps,' law firm warns
- Apple boosts iMac screen resolution, lowers price of top-end 27-inch machine
- UL creating standard for wearable privacy and security
- SANS: 20 critical security controls you need to add
- Tibco jump-starts integration in the cloud with two new tools
- Google adopts single sign-on for more desktop, mobile apps
- Windows tablets for business hit 10% share in second quarter
- Windows 10 Insider dawdlers face blank screens Oct. 15
- Twitter cuts engineering team, lays off one in 12 employees
- SAP unwraps Project Orca and gives it a new name
- VMware brings Michigan to Europe to boost virtual networking
- Node.js adds long-term enterprise support version
- CommBank Offers app piloted at Westfield Hornsby
- Adobe teams with Dropbox as part of Document Cloud upgrades