data - News, Features, and Slideshows
data in pictures
Williams Martini Racing believes an IT transformation can help get its Formula One racers back into pole position, according to the team’s IT manager.
By Adam Bender | 17 March, 2015 10:25
The New York University's GovLab and the federal Department of Communications have embarked on a study of how Australian organisations are employing government data sets.
By Rohan Pearce | 11 March, 2015 11:22
DeepMind, which became Google's subsidiary last year, has taken another step forward in artificial intelligence with an algorithm that can master several games.
By Rebecca Merrett | 26 February, 2015 13:45
Big data and data generated as an 'administrative by-product' could be used by the Australian Bureau of Statistics in an effort to understand the digital economy and Australia's ICT landscape.
By Rohan Pearce | 16 January, 2015 14:31
I came across a link to a new report from IDC called the "2010 Digital Universe Study".
By Bernard Golden | 08 May, 2010 00:37
Whitepapers about data
Organisations are seeking greater control over their outbound security. They’re looking to find solutions that offer the greatest protection and control to prevent data loss, ensure compliance and increase productivity. Where should they start? •Every year brings an even more extreme set of threats to the enterprise than the last •The push for increased confidentiality and the use of SSL everywhere has made it more difficult for enterprises to monitor Internet usage •While there are solutions that can help mitigate some of these risks, it’s critical for enterprises to adopt a comprehensive and streamlined way to maintain visibility and control
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
With employees and customers increasingly depending on corporate websites, reliability and security have become more critical than ever.
- New query language could turn log files into business insights
- Apple acquires Metaio with a view to augmented reality
- Government moves to boost mobile broadband spectrum
- Man charged with selling fake discount coupons on Silk Road
- This smart fabric from Google can change the music and turn off the lights
- Fujitsu launches A/NZ security services practice
- Keep your legacy management style out of the Cloud, Intuit exec says
- Google to widen Maps' offline features
- Annual WITI Summit taps into awareness, frustration over lack of women in IT
- Google targets online wannabes with offline maps and lightweight browsers
- College kids to the rescue with IT support startup HelloTech
- IDC forecasts drop in PC and tablet shipments this year
- Google teams with GoPro in broad virtual reality push
- Long-time leaker pegs July RTM for Windows 10
- Google's Android M to include Android Pay, faster charging and Doze power management