data - News, Features, and Slideshows
data in pictures
The federal government's Digital Transformation Office is looking at ways to draw together data from across agencies to better assess potential to improve service delivery.
By Rohan Pearce | 02 June, 2015 14:07
Williams Martini Racing believes an IT transformation can help get its Formula One racers back into pole position, according to the team’s IT manager.
By Adam Bender | 17 March, 2015 10:25
The New York University's GovLab and the federal Department of Communications have embarked on a study of how Australian organisations are employing government data sets.
By Rohan Pearce | 11 March, 2015 11:22
DeepMind, which became Google's subsidiary last year, has taken another step forward in artificial intelligence with an algorithm that can master several games.
By Rebecca Merrett | 26 February, 2015 13:45
I came across a link to a new report from IDC called the "2010 Digital Universe Study".
By Bernard Golden | 08 May, 2010 00:37
Whitepapers about data
This infographic looks at pressures on enterprise networks as demand and deployment rates for cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social as IT security capabilities sky-rocket.
This report showcases the results from a Computerworld survey across IT managers and CIOs on their organisation’s use and intentions around data backup and recovery processes. Find out: how IT leaders are changing the way they protect their organisation’s valuable information, the most popular uses and intentions around data backup practices and how organisations are dealing with exponential data growth.
In the past, application delivery was something that stood in the way of business objectives. It slowed down key initiatives and delayed time-to-market for innovative services. Read the Forrester report that describes the keys to effective application delivery in the modern age. You will learn: how to deliver innovative software at a pace that was inconceivable just a few years ago, how to master a fluid approach to design and development across functions and organisations, how to open up a performance advantage over dev shops that don’t embrace these methods.
- Uber throws in the towel in battle with French taxi drivers
- As Windows 7 breaks the 1B-device mark, Microsoft's challenge will be to force it back to zero
- Android phone vendors should improve update policies, consumer organization says
- Five smartphones to look forward to
- Ad fraud Trojan updates Flash Player so that other malware can't get in
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, July 3
- Cisco leaves key to all its Unified CDM systems under doormat
- IT firms' cloud appetite strong as gear sales surge 25 percent
- Samsung faces lawsuit in China over bloatware on phones
- Reddit sections go dark after exit of staffer
- Android ransomware on the rise in Australia
- Microsoft buries hatchet with Kyocera, ending litigation
- Plex hacker demands Bitcoin ransom for return of data
- Hands-on: Windows 10's latest build feels close to finished
- In Pictures: 7 things we hate about Twitter