data - News, Features, and Slideshows
data in pictures
More than 100 developers got together during a hackathon last week in Melbourne to tackle some of the biggest infrastructure-related problems such as traffic congestion, safety issues and pollution.
By Rebecca Merrett | 01 September, 2014 13:54
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) has developed a Web service or API, based on the Representational State Transfer (REST) architectural principle, that allows users to create their own population clock.
By Rebecca Merrett | 28 July, 2014 15:07
Australians who exceeded their mobile data caps during this year's World Cup should blame their telcos for providing restrictive limits, according to broadcaster SBS.
By Adam Bender | 10 July, 2014 15:39
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner has made Freedom of Information statistics available in a machine-readable format, the federal agency revealed today.
By Rohan Pearce | 07 July, 2014 14:20
The Australian Government Information Management Office has issued a draft guide for public sector organisations looking to deploy data analytics.
By Rohan Pearce | 27 June, 2014 15:31
I came across a link to a new report from IDC called the "2010 Digital Universe Study".
By Bernard Golden | 08 May, 2010 00:37
Whitepapers about data
The fact that digitalisation exists doesn’t mean it’s available and actionable. This paper explains why true integration is not possible with merely adequate technology. • Digitalisation improves user experience, availability and performance, processing power and decision-making • You owe it to yourself and your organization to go beyond “good enough” • Using a proven platform will mean improved business agility with the ability to establish new partnerships
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
Mobile devices are not just another type of endpoint. Inherent features (e.g., camera, accelerometer, proximity sensor, etc.) coupled with the always-connected, readily available nature of these devices represent an opportunity for improvement in enterprise user productivity. Enterprises can begin to realize this potential by allowing use of corporate data in both custom-built and commercially available mobile apps. Mobile workflows resulting from interactions between these apps can be faster and more intuitive than those on a PC. However, the need to always retain control over corporate data should give an enterprise pause before sanctioning the widespread use of sensitive business information on mobile devices.
- What Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg said in Mandarin that so impressed the Chinese
- Microsoft to discontinue free Xbox Music streaming
- Investor visa overhaul to boost venture capital for startups
- Vietnam police hunt hackers behind mass outage
- Apple to stop SSL 3.0 support for push notifications soon
- Xiaomi moving data outside China following privacy concerns
- At Austin airport, Wi-Fi predicts how long the security line will be
- Twitter weaves Fabric, but will developers be drawn in?
- AT&T signed up 500,000 cars for its 4G network last quarter
- Debian community splits over systemd, but fork still unlikely
- TIO task force to field NBN grievances
- Government regulation on cloud security may spur SaaS use in health care
- Progress builds up developer chops with Telerik buy
- Monumental day for Wikipedia in Poland
- Microsoft misses Windows bug, hackers slip past patch