Dell - News, Features, and Slideshows
Dell in pictures
AMD wants to counter concerns that system administrators may have about placing ARM servers in data centers with its new chips code-named Seattle, which are now shipping in volume after a long delay.
By Agam Shah | 14 January, 2016 17:01
It looks like the Dell-EMC wedding is on: EMC says it hasn't gotten any better proposals, and Dell reportedly is trying to shed Perot Systems to trim down for those photos.
By Stephen Lawson | 15 December, 2015 07:45
Cloud and mobile computing have created an imperative for the tech world: Change or fail. Here, are the IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of 2015.
By Marc Ferranti | 14 December, 2015 20:14
Just months after announcing plans to merge its cloud business with EMC’s Virtustream, VMware said today that it is backing out of the deal.
By Brandon Butler | 14 December, 2015 20:10
Cybersecurity firm <a href="http://www.fortinet.com/press_releases/2015/fortinet-announces-agreement-to-acquire-meru-networks.html">Fortinet's purchase last week of wireless network manufacturer Meru Networks</a> for $44 million is the second major acquisition of a Wi-Fi hardware vendor in three months and, potentially, the start of a broader pattern.
By Jon Gold | 05 June, 2015 06:14
Disaggregation seems to be all the rage in networking these days.
By Jim Duffy | 02 March, 2015 22:12
I recently had the great pleasure to sit down with community-elected OpenStack board member and Crowbar co-creator, Rob Hirschfeld. Rob shared awesome nuggets of wisdom on data center and cloud operations, you can view the video and the full transcript below:
By Art Fewell | 26 February, 2015 05:34
IT infrastructure is constantly riding the often-tumultuous waves of consolidation and separation. A typical example would be the eras of mainframe, open systems, and PC computing. No surprise there. For the past three to five years, server virtualization has been a catalyst for data center consolidation, (even though for the most part, IT has mapped server virtualization initiatives to existing IT infrastructure choices, or dare I say legacy infrastructure).
By Mark Bowker | 13 January, 2015 03:55
<em>Network World's</em> analysis of publicly listed sponsors of 36 prominent open-source non-profits and foundations reveals that the lion's share of financial support for open-source groups comes from a familiar set of names.
By Jon Gold | 10 January, 2015 02:05
Whitepapers about Dell
This case study looks at how Maum Golf in South Korea partners with Dell OEM Solutions to reach its goals of expansion into new markets and grow their market share from 20 percent, to more than 30 percent by the end of 2015.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
Organisations are struggling with a torrent of data thanks to cloud computing, mobility and the Internet of Things. And conventional backup and recovery methods are failing. This white paper outlines the benefits of a modern approach to disaster recovery.
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs
- UN panel backs WikiLeaks' Julian Assange, but he may not go free
- The Neutrino exploit kit has a new way to detect security researchers
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- What businesses need to know about Privacy Shield
- Box makes it easier for businesses to control encryption of cloud data