Dell - News, Features, and Slideshows
Dell in pictures
Big Switch Networks this week is unveiling an SDN controller designed to bring Google-like hyperscale networking to enterprises.
By Jim Duffy | 22 July, 2014 23:08
Microsoft leads the way, but has plenty of company on jobs cut front
By Bob Brown | 21 July, 2014 08:27
Microsoft's COO says his company and its army of OEMs will compete on price with Google's Chromebooks, a milestone in Microsoft's battle against the encroaching enemy.
By Gregg Keizer | 16 July, 2014 06:01
As bitcoin values jumped in the last months of 2013, malware designed to steal the virtual currency exploded, security researchers from Dell SecureWorks said this week.
By Gregg Keizer | 28 February, 2014 20:36
Dell's debut of a Chromebook, an inexpensive laptop that runs Google's browser-based Chrome OS, is a sign that the platform has gone mainstream, an analyst argued today.
By Gregg Keizer | 11 December, 2013 18:52
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves. Here in no particular order are IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of the year.
By Marc Ferranti | 09 December, 2013 19:51
Microsoft faces competition for its Surface Pro 2 tablet, and it's from an expected source: One of its own hardware partners, Dell.
By Gregg Keizer | 09 October, 2013 18:33
When most people who track the industry think of the Cloud computing market, big names like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google, Rackspace, Verizon Terremark and others come to mind. HP, Joyent, IBM and Dell even. But Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC)?
By Brandon Butler | 03 October, 2013 18:15
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Facebook, the world’s largest social networking site, needed to ensure that its remote access portal and Citrix XenApp virtual application environment could provide fast, reliable connectivity and Performance—without becoming a pathway for network intrusion and data theft. Read More
- A new tool for disasters: The personal antenna
- Phone unlocking bill clears US House, next step is president's signature
- Apple hasn't exhausted its supply of Yosemite betas
- Oracle's new in-memory database option could spark unanticipated costs, expert warns
- Bose sues Beats over headphone patents
- SEC drops probe into Facebook's pre-IPO sales disclosures
- How Microsoft's CEO sees growth for Windows Phone and Lumia
- Thanks to NASA, you can now 3D print models of satellites, probes and planets
- Russian government offers money for identifying Tor users
- EU, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo meet on 'right to be forgotten' but questions remain
- The Pirate Bay makes searching for torrents easier on mobile devices
- Changes afoot as DARPA challenge robots prep for upgrade
- Apple faces privacy suit following Chinese TV report
- Government pushes website blocks to fight piracy
- New guide aims to remove the drama of reporting software flaws