Dell - News, Features, and Slideshows
Dell in pictures
Attackers could have remotely installed malware on systems running a flawed Dell support tool used to detect customers' products.
By Lucian Constantin | 25 March, 2015 06:48
More Andoid devices get Microsoft apps... Top EU court hears challenge to data exchange deal... Facebook to host content for media groups... and more tech news.
By IDG News Service staff | 24 March, 2015 22:16
A group of big name vendors including Cisco, Microsoft, Dell, Intel, Broadcom, Juniper and Arista Networks this week created a consortium to address switch faceplate bandwidth density and airflow constraints caused by increasing networking speeds.
By Jim Duffy | 24 March, 2015 03:57
The new MacBook is supposed to usher in a wire-free future for laptops, but Apple left out technologies that could have saved road warriors a few ungainly wires.
By Stephen Lawson | 14 March, 2015 06:30
Disaggregation seems to be all the rage in networking these days.
By Jim Duffy | 02 March, 2015 22:12
I recently had the great pleasure to sit down with community-elected OpenStack board member and Crowbar co-creator, Rob Hirschfeld. Rob shared awesome nuggets of wisdom on data center and cloud operations, you can view the video and the full transcript below:
By Art Fewell | 26 February, 2015 05:34
IT infrastructure is constantly riding the often-tumultuous waves of consolidation and separation. A typical example would be the eras of mainframe, open systems, and PC computing. No surprise there. For the past three to five years, server virtualization has been a catalyst for data center consolidation, (even though for the most part, IT has mapped server virtualization initiatives to existing IT infrastructure choices, or dare I say legacy infrastructure).
By Mark Bowker | 13 January, 2015 03:55
Network World's analysis of publicly listed sponsors of 36 prominent open-source non-profits and foundations reveals that the lion's share of financial support for open-source groups comes from a familiar set of names.
By Jon Gold | 10 January, 2015 02:05
As more and more servers are virtualized, connections between them are increasingly handled by virtual switches running on the same servers, begging the question, does the top of rack data center network switchultimately get subsumed into the server?
By Jim Duffy | 08 January, 2015 02:59
Whitepapers about Dell
After Hurricane Sandy flooded its Lower Manhattan headquarters, EmblemHealth enables displaced employees to re-engage and reconnect with their co-workers by supplying Dell laptops to maintain productivity from remote locations. -Company headquarters flooded by Hurricane Sandy’s storm surge left 1,900 employees without offices -Loss of office space for so many corporate staff employees threatened to disrupt a timely conclusion to the company’s fiscal year-end -Newly gained flexibilty and productivity was enabled by access to over 900 laptops and desktops from Dell
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
Pathways Express is a one-day intensive learning and development program for senior ICT executives. It is designed to equip participants with the skills and competencies required to more effectively manage the demands and complexities of contemporary businesses. The program brings together ‘real world’ best practices, thought leadership and business insights to help today’s ICT professionals deliver higher value into their organisations and position themselves as tomorrow’s business leaders.
- Dial-up is still not dead (yet)
- Defence review takes aim at application sprawl
- Telstra acquires telemedicine network
- In brief: Huawei's Australian revenue up 18 per cent
- NBN Co adds 550k premises to construction plan
- In a haystack of data, Alation helps find the needle
- Apigee aims to unify IoT with APIs
- Beyond metadata: the brave new world of big data retention
- Datacom scores $242 million Department of Health contract
- Harper review calls for scrutiny of intellectual property regime
- EPIC appeals to court for FAA drone privacy rules
- Verizon subscribers can now opt out of 'supercookies'
- In Pictures: Monitoring more than just wearables
- Thousands call on Congress to overturn net neutrality rules
- Survey: A majority of Apple Pay users encounter problems