digital economy - News, Features, and Slideshows
digital economy in pictures
The Internet and the "digitally enabled economy" are forecast to contribute $139 billion to gross domestic product within half a decade.
By Rohan Pearce | 25 March, 2015 11:02
The Australian Computer Society (ACS) has called for the establishment of a digital economy ministry and more support for startups in its NSW election policy statement.
By Hamish Barwick | 17 March, 2015 14:04
As Victoria prepares to head to the polls on 29 November, the Australian Computer Society (ACS) has called for the establishment of a 'Digital Ministerial Advisory Council' to promote digital economy initiatives in the state.
By Rohan Pearce | 13 November, 2014 13:04
Australia took another step toward “fair use” copyright reform with a paper released this week by the Australian Law Reform Commission, but implementation of the ALRC’s recommendations is not yet a sure thing.
By Adam Bender | 07 June, 2013 14:02
Westpac Bank and MYOB have launched a digital toolkit called ‘Ready for Business’, a joint initiative to help small businesses get a foot in the door in taking advantage of digital technologies.
By Rebecca Merrett | 29 April, 2013 16:17
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Over the past several years, we’ve seen business requirements rapidly evolve and technologies continue to advance, yet the way many companies approach disaster recovery remains at a standstill. Tolerance for downtime is at an all-time low, and many organizations — and particularly their users — expect IT services to be “always-on.” Meanwhile, new virtualization and automation technologies have emerged that can help fill gaps in continuity plans, but many organizations have been slow to adopt them, thus widening the gap between business expectations and IT realities.
- Google's Project Loon close to launching thousands of balloons
- Shape-shifting robot reveals secrets of Fukushima reactor
- FCC faces seventh net neutrality lawsuit
- Next on the Office expansion list: Windows 10 phone apps
- Why investors are so excited about Slack
- First Apple Watch health IT apps bring important messages to the wrist
- Insurance company now offers discounts -- if you let it track your Fitbit
- Apple's 12-inch MacBook can use third-party USB Type-C cables
- Gurucul identifies cloud threats based on identity, behaviors
- Microsoft shows impressively accurate hand-tracking system for VR
- Docker update speeds and organizes container deployments
- Facebook tries to keep it real by killing more 'fake' likes
- Feds lay down social media rules; enterprises should, too
- Should computers determine how our kids learn to talk? Maybe not
- Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC