digium - News, Features, and Slideshows
Melbourne-based kitchen and whitegoods distributor, Andi-Co, has deployed an Asterisk-based IP-PABX for a unified communications solution.
By Rodney Gedda | 17 May, 2010 09:54
The FBI has left users of Asterisk open source IP PBX products guessing whether the version they are using is vulnerable to a mysterious "new technique" that can be exploited by vishers - people who use VoIP to spoof caller ID numbers so victims will believe they are talking to legitimate businesses and give up valuable personal information.
By Tim Greene | 09 December, 2008 08:44
Criminals are taking advantage of a bug in the Asterisk Internet telephony system that lets them pump out thousands of scam phone calls in an hour, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation warned Friday.
By Robert McMillan | 08 December, 2008 08:13
This whitepaper includes detailed analysis following a global survey of IT executives, conducted by the Economist Intelligence Unit. The results confirm the need for a changing mix in how IT services are delivered and consumed, and is expected to continue over the next three years.
- Who wins if Iliad buys T-Mobile?
- Most USB thumb drives can be reprogrammed to silently infect computers
- Windows Server 2003 support expiration could push sales next year
- NASA plans next-gen scientific tools for 2020 Mars rover
- Attackers exploit remote access tools to compromise retail systems
- Judge rules against Microsoft in email privacy case
- MongoDB snags key Oracle engineer
- FTC's in-app purchasing cases ignored consumer benefits, critics say
- Some SAP users remain unhappy with pricier Enterprise Support
- Twitter reports a rise in government data requests
- Report: CIA improperly accessed Senate computers
- HP gives OpenVMS new life
- French carrier Iliad offers to buy T-Mobile US
- CISOs still struggle for respect from peers
- PHP gets a formal specification, at last