disaster recovery - News, Features, and Slideshows
In my organization we manage almost all IT in-house, including the LAN, which is highly redundant. We have 35 Floor Wiring Concentrators around campus, each with around 300 active ports, and the concentrators have dual Gigabit uplinks to network cores in two data centers that are 300 meters apart. The data centers are linked by multiple 10Gb links, and each is connected to the Internet via two trunks that follow different paths.
Always expect the unexpected: You never know when disaster might strike and you need to have a plan to keep your business operating.
By Kim Crawley | 18 November, 2014 13:50
As the U.S. has discovered, it only takes a few cases of Ebola to turn things upside down.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 30 October, 2014 07:03
Even most of those hit hardest by Hurricane Sandy are hardening their facilities instead of moving them entirely. In the storm-prone South, however, it's a different story.
By Arielle Emmett | 15 July, 2013 10:15
If the question about tornadoes comes up at his Oklahoma City data center, as it sometimes does, Todd Currie, vice president of operations and general manager at Perimeter Technology, has answers. He even has cutout sample of his roof to show how it is built.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 31 May, 2013 10:08
If you are making a list of tech predictions for next year, as this story does, it may be a good idea to put the solar maximum on this list. The next one is expected in 2013, says NASA.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 20 December, 2012 11:05
Data recovery experts have been kept busy in the wake of Hurricane Sandy, which left a slew of data centers underwater, damaging equipment and threatening a significant loss of business-critical data.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 19 November, 2012 11:09
Whitepapers about disaster recovery
An effective preventive maintenance strategy can be one of the most cost-effective measures you can take to ensure the ongoing health of both your critical equipment and overall business. Find out the most common causes of UPS failure, how regular maintenance practices so dramatically improve UPS reliability and performance, and the 10 elements an effective UPS maintenance plan should include.
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
In the past, application delivery was something that stood in the way of business objectives. It slowed down key initiatives and delayed time-to-market for innovative services. Read the Forrester report that describes the keys to effective application delivery in the modern age. You will learn: how to deliver innovative software at a pace that was inconceivable just a few years ago, how to master a fluid approach to design and development across functions and organisations, how to open up a performance advantage over dev shops that don’t embrace these methods.
- Uber throws in the towel in battle with French taxi drivers
- As Windows 7 breaks the 1B-device mark, Microsoft's challenge will be to force it back to zero
- Android phone vendors should improve update policies, consumer organization says
- Five smartphones to look forward to
- Ad fraud Trojan updates Flash Player so that other malware can't get in
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, July 3
- Cisco leaves key to all its Unified CDM systems under doormat
- IT firms' cloud appetite strong as gear sales surge 25 percent
- Samsung faces lawsuit in China over bloatware on phones
- Reddit sections go dark after exit of staffer
- Android ransomware on the rise in Australia
- Microsoft buries hatchet with Kyocera, ending litigation
- Plex hacker demands Bitcoin ransom for return of data
- Hands-on: Windows 10's latest build feels close to finished
- In Pictures: 7 things we hate about Twitter