disaster recovery - News, Features, and Slideshows
The FCC says the public should not rely on text messages to reach 911 in emergencies because the technology is only available to 59 of the more than 6,000 emergency communications centers nationwide.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 May, 2014 01:47
The autonomous underwater robot that began searching for the missing Malaysian airliner Monday ran into trouble on its initial mission but is expected to try again today.
By Computerworld Staff | 16 April, 2014 03:56
New technologies are giving small companies enterprise-like DR capabilities
By Cindy LaChapelle, Principal Consultant, Technology Vertical, Information Services Group (ISG) | 05 February, 2014 22:12
Linux is an excellent tool for creating the flexible IT environment you want, but find a technology provider to help keep your business up in the event of a disaster.
By Eric Hennessey, Business Continuity Solutions Evangelist, Symantec | 30 January, 2014 16:20
Even most of those hit hardest by Hurricane Sandy are hardening their facilities instead of moving them entirely. In the storm-prone South, however, it's a different story.
By Arielle Emmett | 15 July, 2013 10:15
If the question about tornadoes comes up at his Oklahoma City data center, as it sometimes does, Todd Currie, vice president of operations and general manager at Perimeter Technology, has answers. He even has cutout sample of his roof to show how it is built.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 31 May, 2013 10:08
If you are making a list of tech predictions for next year, as this story does, it may be a good idea to put the solar maximum on this list. The next one is expected in 2013, says NASA.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 20 December, 2012 11:05
Data recovery experts have been kept busy in the wake of Hurricane Sandy, which left a slew of data centers underwater, damaging equipment and threatening a significant loss of business-critical data.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 19 November, 2012 11:09
Lessons from 9/11 have helped ensure the financial services sector in New York and New Jersey is prepared for disasters, and even shorted the time to recover when regional events happen.
By Lucas Mearian | 27 October, 2012 10:14
Whitepapers about disaster recovery
This whitepaper discusses best practice in data protection monitoring, with a focus on recoverability and visibility as significant drivers for success. Whether backing up a private cloud or several smaller environments, learn how a unified view is necessary for proactively reporting protection, compliance to auditors, and understanding overall data protection health, performance, and reliability.
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Eight breaches in 2013 provided a painful reminder that cybercrime remains prevalent. This year’s report once again covers the wide-ranging threat landscape, with data collected and analysed by security experts, while calling out seven areas that deserve special attention.
- Sprint to resell Google Apps for Business cloud service
- What to expect in Facebook's earnings call today
- Google tried to buy music giant Spotify
- Pebble: Next-gen wearables will require new tech, also your personal data
- Low-cost Android tablets to get 4K video with Allwinner 64-bit chip
- Apple unwraps OS X Yosemite public beta Thursday
- Seagate wireless drive can now stream to Roku set-top box
- Is Sony's Walkman set to make a comeback?
- UK government adopts ODF for document exchange with citizens and suppliers
- Dutch spy agencies can receive NSA data, court rules
- Oracle ships nearly 60 mobile apps for JD Edwards
- BlackBerry offers BES10 as a hosted service through partners
- Mozilla ships Firefox 31, adds search to new tab page
- Japan Airlines hopes smartwatches for gate staff will fly
- File-encrypting Android ransomware 'Simplocker' targets English-speaking users