disaster recovery - News, Features, and Slideshows
In my organization we manage almost all IT in-house, including the LAN, which is highly redundant. We have 35 Floor Wiring Concentrators around campus, each with around 300 active ports, and the concentrators have dual Gigabit uplinks to network cores in two data centers that are 300 meters apart. The data centers are linked by multiple 10Gb links, and each is connected to the Internet via two trunks that follow different paths.
Always expect the unexpected: You never know when disaster might strike and you need to have a plan to keep your business operating.
By Kim Crawley | 18 November, 2014 13:50
As the U.S. has discovered, it only takes a few cases of Ebola to turn things upside down.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 30 October, 2014 07:03
Even most of those hit hardest by Hurricane Sandy are hardening their facilities instead of moving them entirely. In the storm-prone South, however, it's a different story.
By Arielle Emmett | 15 July, 2013 10:15
If the question about tornadoes comes up at his Oklahoma City data center, as it sometimes does, Todd Currie, vice president of operations and general manager at Perimeter Technology, has answers. He even has cutout sample of his roof to show how it is built.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 31 May, 2013 10:08
If you are making a list of tech predictions for next year, as this story does, it may be a good idea to put the solar maximum on this list. The next one is expected in 2013, says NASA.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 20 December, 2012 11:05
Data recovery experts have been kept busy in the wake of Hurricane Sandy, which left a slew of data centers underwater, damaging equipment and threatening a significant loss of business-critical data.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 19 November, 2012 11:09
Whitepapers about disaster recovery
An effective preventive maintenance strategy can be one of the most cost-effective measures you can take to ensure the ongoing health of both your critical equipment and overall business. Find out the most common causes of UPS failure, how regular maintenance practices so dramatically improve UPS reliability and performance, and the 10 elements an effective UPS maintenance plan should include.
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
This report showcases the results from a Computerworld survey across IT managers and CIOs on their organisation’s use and intentions around data backup and recovery processes. Find out: how IT leaders are changing the way they protect their organisation’s valuable information, the most popular uses and intentions around data backup practices and how organisations are dealing with exponential data growth.
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
- Microsoft scores with free Windows 10 upgrade as downloads tally 10x Windows 8's first-day sales
- It's SysAdmin Day: Let us celebrate with coffee
- ISP argues net neutrality rules violate its right to block content
- Former Hacking Team developer reportedly in contact with a terrorist group
- Italian police shutter Dark Web marketplace
- Black Hat 2015: Cracking just about anything
- Android Studio focuses on C++ editing
- New Google Glass for businesses will reportedly attach to other eyewear
- Ad group urges FTC to reject right to be forgotten in US
- Hacker steals Bitdefender customer log-in credentials, attempts blackmail