Ed Markey - News, Features, and Slideshows
A group of U.S. lawmakers has reintroduced legislation aimed at encouraging government agencies to give up their spectrum by allowing the agencies to share in the profits when the spectrum is auctioned to commercial mobile carriers.
By Grant Gross | 27 March, 2015 04:16
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules could open the door to rate regulation and could drive some small broadband providers out of business, some Senate Republicans said Wednesday.
By Grant Gross | 19 March, 2015 09:35
A reported mobile phone surveillance program at the U.S. Department of Justice raises serious privacy questions, a U.S. senator said Monday.
By Grant Gross | 18 November, 2014 06:23
A proposed US$0.16 fee increase on your telephone bill would go toward improving Internet access for kids in school and libraries.
By Grant Gross | 18 November, 2014 05:30
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission should investigate security practices at Home Depot following media reports that the hardware retailer's payment systems have been breached, two U.S. senators said Tuesday.
By Grant Gross | 10 September, 2014 04:25
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
By Grant Gross | 07 November, 2012 19:06
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
Like a wildfire that quickly spreads as it increases speed and power, today's data growth increases the demand and management complexity of storage, backup and recovery. Imagine trying to stop that fire with a garden hose. Your legacy backup and recovery software is equally under-equipped to manage and facilitate operations that need more speed, efficiency, scalability and reliability to handle today's 24/7, always-on environment. Read about the benefits of moving from a solution comprised of multiple legacy point products to a holistic data protection platform designed to serve today's enterprise environment.
- Xiaomi faces challenge to reach sales goal, amid slowing smartphone growth
- Curtin Uni partners with industry for 'Internet of Everything' research
- After Uber ruling, pressure mounts on companies to reclassify contractors
- Xbox One, PS4 sales in China could be disappointing
- Wi-Fi password-sharing feature in Windows 10 raises security concerns
- In Japan, Uber dons white gloves to battle an elegant rival
- Telstra launches its telemedicine service
- Monitoring terrorists okay, targeted advertising not: Survey
- HP makes it official, files to spin off enterprise division
- PayPal to acquire money transfer service Xoom for $US890 million
- iiNet to deliver cloud services to SA government agencies
- DEA agent pleads guilty to accepting Silk Road funds
- NBN issues quarterly construction update
- Parrot MiniDrones are equipped to hover, race and float on water
- Watch as we follow Google's new self-driving car